Why do people think Elise is a bruiser?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Augustine

10-28-2012

I build her as an AP bruiser/Tanky AP like Swain, Diana, and Chogath.

What's the point of going full bruiser when you can be tanky and do damage in both forms with your AP?

Malgana

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I thRow CarDz View Post
but he so excited for halo 4!!!!
He sounds like my little brother...lol

Fusrodahn

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgana View Post
She has 1 attack speed steroid, and an ult that grants magic damage on hit. If anything I could see people building her on-hit, but why waste her entire human form skill side and build straight bruiser?
By doing that if you switch to human at any point you're basically gimping yourself for 4 seconds.

I'm not saying bruiser/AD isn't viable on her, it can obviously work, but it just seems like a lot of wasted potential to me.

Also inb4 "I'm master cheef lololol" bs, can we ban this guy already?
I feel the exact same. I think that the ad works great in early game, but every time I have seen an ad Elise she just starts falling off around mid and then just can't do any damage late. AD works on her, but it's just such a waste of her full potential imo.

Heal n Peel

10-28-2012

Her only reliable sources of damage are melee (spider form), and the toxic spiderling (human). Her Q deals Base + % remaining/missing health. Not a bad thing by itself, it gets bad when the AP ratio further adds % rather than flat damage.

Cherubrad

10-28-2012

As AP/AS she's going to get stomped in top or mid lane or be too squishy to jungle and gank effectively.

Top: If she even thinks about going spider form, she's dead. Without an escape, pretty much any of the common top picks will melt her face.

Mid: Her W and Q are so unreliable that so long as her opponent isn't pants on head r-tarded. They'll win the lane and win any trades.

Jungle: Her clear speeds are so low that Sej and Karma can even counter jungle her effectively... and they actually bring something to the team.

It's a lose-lose-lose for her. She needs some Riot loving (just like Syndra did).

Tainted Souls

10-28-2012

because her skills do percent damage so it isnt worth investing 300 ap to get aaround a 4% damage increase on 2 skills while she is super squishy spider mode and HAS to get in close where she effectively enters a bruisers dominion. So in order to survive this she needs SOME survivability. Though i agree having an item like malady on her really make her shines.

cocacolalips

10-28-2012

Why not?

I'm tired of all those well-thinking derps that whine and ***** and tell me how I want to play.

I play AD Janna, come at me.

A Jolly Kabuto

10-28-2012

because I went 17/4/14 with it so it's obviously op

Glitter Gem

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolalips View Post
Why not?

I'm tired of all those well-thinking derps that whine and ***** and tell me how I want to play.

I play AD Janna, come at me.
Dat free BF sword.

Brodhi

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgana View Post
She has 1 attack speed steroid, and an ult that grants magic damage on hit. If anything I could see people building her on-hit, but why waste her entire human form skill side and build straight bruiser?
By doing that if you switch to human at any point you're basically gimping yourself for 4 seconds.

I'm not saying bruiser/AD isn't viable on her, it can obviously work, but it just seems like a lot of wasted potential to me.
All Warwick has is an Attack Speed steroid, and people build him strictly AS/AD, yet people waste the insane ratios on Q. Shen and Cho'gath build Wit's End/Ionic Spark and Frozen Mallet regularly. Cho'gath wastes the ratios on all his abilities, and Shen has a 1.35 ratio on his ult.

Basically what I am saying is you don't need a skill that scales off AD to make things work as a bruiser. Look at AD Fizz. He is still incredibly viable (albeit not picked that often) simply because his Q applies on-hit effects.