Why are there so many D-bags on the new TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bamorsha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

I am very confused why there are so many absolute D-bags on TT. It's really discouraging for someone who wants to play it casually when you have team mates who snap at you for everything. There are more D-bags in the TT then SR by far from what I have seen. Is it just me, or everyone seeing this?

Kamai

10-28-2012

It may calm down when matchmaking goes less haywire, but yeah, I've noticed that too.

Strixie

10-28-2012

Twisted Treeline players are amongst the kindest and most relaxed summoners you will ever meet. I played nothing but TT for about a year and had no problems. There's always the 1% of bad apples, but as a whole it was a relaxed and carefree atmosphere.

What is probably happening, is since Riot changed the game, the new TT is receiving an influx of SR players, as well as Dominion ones that want to try it out.
-Lets face facts, SR players are a bunch of jerks. The second you join its "OMG NOOB, WE GONA LOOSE, REPORT THIS GUY, ITS HIS FAUL, REPORT THAT OTHER GUY, EVERYONE SUCKS IM AWESOME!"
I think its just that our peaceful little group of players is being invaded by the majority of the LoL community, who can't keep their cool if their life depended on it.

That, and any of the old TT community is probably just steamed that Riot took away their game, so I would imagine their outlook is none too pretty.

-Personally, I went back to SR until they get the old TT back or remove the shrines. Not happy about it but thats just how things are.

PurpleURP

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strixie View Post
Twisted Treeline players are amongst the kindest and most relaxed summoners you will ever meet. I played nothing but TT for about a year and had no problems. There's always the 1% of bad apples, but as a whole it was a relaxed and carefree atmosphere.

What is probably happening, is since Riot changed the game, the new TT is receiving an influx of SR players, as well as Dominion ones that want to try it out.
-Lets face facts, SR players are a bunch of jerks. The second you join its "OMG NOOB, WE GONA LOOSE, REPORT THIS GUY, ITS HIS FAUL, REPORT THAT OTHER GUY, EVERYONE SUCKS IM AWESOME!"
I think its just that our peaceful little group of players is being invaded by the majority of the LoL community, who can't keep their cool if their life depended on it.

That, and any of the old TT community is probably just steamed that Riot took away their game, so I would imagine their outlook is none too pretty.

-Personally, I went back to SR until they get the old TT back or remove the shrines. Not happy about it but thats just how things are.
no doubt, cant even play on the new map, just depressing

Hoizengerd

10-28-2012

a lot of new people are trying out the new map, all the ragers coming over from ranked SR

Boagster

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strixie View Post

You mention the 1% of bad apples in the TT community, but then lump every SR player in as a jerk. Seriously? There's likely the same percentage of bad apples in both queues, but there are four more players in a game of SR, so you are far more likely to encounter a complete jerk.

It's most likely caused by everyone not being on the same page - you have three people on a team, who all have little experience with the new map (though, admittedly, some old TT experience does carry over). If you end up with three people trying to play the map three different ways, someone is bound to call someone a noob.

Paperdollparade

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoizengerd View Post
a lot of new people are trying out the new map, all the ragers coming over from ranked SR
And then proceeding to call gg after first blood and rage at you for either jungling without smite or rage at for jungling with smite. =.=

Girafossauro

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamorsha View Post
I am very confused why there are so many absolute D-bags on TT. It's really discouraging for someone who wants to play it casually when you have team mates who snap at you for everything. There are more D-bags in the TT then SR by far from what I have seen. Is it just me, or everyone seeing this?
Absolutely. And it's very frustrating.

I┼mLegend

10-28-2012

Because the SR DB are trying out TT, and since they don't know how to play or have never played TT, they do everything bad and blame the others.

Strixie

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
You mention the 1% of bad apples in the TT community, but then lump every SR player in as a jerk. Seriously? There's likely the same percentage of bad apples in both queues, but there are four more players in a game of SR, so you are far more likely to encounter a complete jerk.

It's most likely caused by everyone not being on the same page - you have three people on a team, who all have little experience with the new map (though, admittedly, some old TT experience does carry over). If you end up with three people trying to play the map three different ways, someone is bound to call someone a noob.
I stand by my comment. I played SR for 2 years, then TT for 1, I have experienced both sides of the coin. Here are just a few of the things 5's players do, but you would almost never see in a 3v3.
-Getting mad when someone doesnt ban someone they want
-Get mad when someone doesn't talk
-Get mad when ANY portion of the 'meta' is in ANY way changed or altered.
-Call people noobs before they have even seen them play
-Boast about their ELO - subsequently, laugh at otheres for having the same elo, but of course, they desrve to be there.
-Say GG more times than I can stand. In champ select, at the beginning of the game, whenever someone dies, whenever someone does something they don't like...
-Complain endlessly when someone takes cs from a lane
-Criticize the jungler whenever they die (I've seen all three lanes do this simultaneously, but hey, junglers are shapeshifting timetravelers who don't need to keep up in CS)
-Criticize the support for not buying wards, or even touching a minion
-Harp on people when they buy something that isn't how they would build

It goes on. Honestly. My experience of normal 3's was a clam atmosphere, where people lost and won respectively. I saved the best for last, something that developed when I was on my TT spree, and hadn't played SR for awhile.
-People asking to report for unskilled.
Honestly? Not being good at a game is now a bannable offense? Its. a. game.