How many rune pages should you have?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wackytactics

10-28-2012

I'm level 27 right now and I have been saving up for my runs, but i really don't know how many rune pages to get. I have lots of champions that i like to play, (jungle, support, tanks, etc.) and I only have 2 rune pages for a jungle and a specific champion. :c. How many rune pages should I buy, and is it worth it to buy 1 rune page with IP/RP or 7 rune pages of RP?

Hoizengerd

10-28-2012

as many as you need, which usually translates into as many as the champions you play
or you can go the "im poor/cheap" AD/AP/TANK rune page setup

Aunah

10-28-2012

AD
AP
Support
Jungle
Your choice (Akali<3)

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

The more the better. More rune pages means you can have more customized options, especially for ranked. There really is no upper limit to the number of useful rune pages.

Snake XT

10-28-2012

Buy the bundle if you can.. Its worth the investment long term if you're planning to be playing league of legends for some time. I think in total you get 20 rune pages? I got 18 but 15 is enough.. 3 champs in those 5 respective roles. Or maybe 4.

I would get IP boosts to speed up the process of saving IP for runes. You won't be buying a lot because each champion more or less requires idential runes.

BananaSniper

10-28-2012

Depends how serious you are at the game, if you play normals and not ranked then having a lot more rune pages doesn't do you much good because you aren't going to see your match ups before the game. Where as when I'm playing ranked I can get advantages by knowing what I need, vs kite team as a bruiser would want Movespeed quints and flat AD, where as if Im on a team with someone with hard intiation like amumu I can take Flat AD or something and get some extra damage for trading in lane early on. I have 20 runes pages and I play top lane, depends on the champions you play as well, someone like dyrus has 20 rune pages where I think wickd has less because he only played a few champions.

CyanShock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Cheap0

10-29-2012

If you're thinking you'll be playing League for a long time, and you don't mind forking over the $20 or so, the 7 page bundle really is a nice deal. One of those, and you'll have lots of room to construct different pages. Two of those, and you'll be able to build specialized pages for specific champs you like to play.

In the long run, I think it's a great deal, and I'd recommend it.

t0ad5

10-29-2012

Game is worth the money spend on the bundle.

But then you gotta fill those with runes.