Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Twisted Fate vs Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crooks17110

10-28-2012

Can't seem to beat her as Tf. When we harass each other, she always does more damage than me and with her ult on such a short cd, it's extremely easy for her to kill me. I can stop her ult when she uses it with my stun card, but she gets much higher cs than me and eventually gets a couple levels higher than me because she can zone me out from cs, then she can just ult me, spam her abilities, and kill me.

Does anybody know any tips that I can use to beat her? Thanks in advance.

Blazer70

10-28-2012

The moment your yellow card is unavailable, is the moment she can dive in and deal massive damage. Big thing, save it for her ult, wait for her to come to you, then stop her. This should leave her vulnerable for a bit.

As for out-trading her, keep your distance from minions and do your best to land Q. Thats my advice

Whitewind617

10-28-2012

TF is really the kind of champion she counters, I would never willingly play him against her just because it's going to be such a ****fest for me. Then again, I'm an awful TF and mid player in general, so whatever.

Seventy Times 7

10-28-2012

Katarina roflstomps TF. It's a counter to tf. You basically need to heavily outskill her to win.

Odinº

10-28-2012

TF loses to a lot of middles 1v1, he's a good situational pick for ganking/split pushing.

Yoruichi

10-28-2012

People should play more Malzahar if they are having troubles with Kat.

ImYourBabyMan

10-28-2012

There is nothing u can do really.... A good katarina doesn't need to kill you with her ult... She will wear u down and zone u out.... U could just think about it at as ur counter.... so if ur Tf and playing a kat, the best advice is to turret hug and maximise q.... Which is what u normally do... And with a bit of luck u will hit her(if u can't read her path) and just asks for ganks..... But the thing with Tf is all u need is 1 or 2 kills at the start and u will absolutely faceroll katarina... Good luck

Cadagan

10-28-2012

Stop playing tf

Viktor ****s on her.

Darkotas

10-28-2012

I've always thought TF was really good against kat... maybe I've just benn against really bad kats then. Anyway, stay away from minions, set up your PaC so you can instalock gold, and focus on hitting as many things as possible with q. You may want some mana potions since using blue wil give her a 5 second window unless you get blue buff.

Yoruichi

10-28-2012

Quote:
Darkotas:
I've always thought TF was really good against kat... maybe I've just benn against really bad kats then. Anyway, stay away from minions, set up your PaC so you can instalock gold, and focus on hitting as many things as possible with q. You may want some mana potions since using blue wil give her a 5 second window unless you get blue buff.

As a Kat player, I find TF to be extremely easy in most cases. I can harass you when you aren't choosing a card, and when you do choose a card, just back off and wait for it to expire/you to throw it, and then hard engage.

TF has a tell for when he's going to stun you. Just like Annie. Unlike Annie though, TF's is temporary, so as soon as it's gone, I'm bringing the pain train.

Don't TF vs Kat and expect good results (in the lane phase).

TF is good if he can manage to not die though. Because Kat likes to roam and gets power from roaming, and TF can really put a damper on her successful roams.