@RiotNome @Vesh @Riot

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haeval

10-28-2012

I feel this community is entitled to a few answers.

I understand you wanting a test-group to see how the beta of your new map does.

Why did you take away the old one?

I care about this new map EVEN LESS than you seem to care about what your old TT fans think.

New map is boring. New map has no real skill involved once you realize it's more of a bruiser slugfest than the old TT ever was. If you don't believe me, play as mundo and have a lee sin or jax on your team. You'll win. I promise.

Edit: The above is not my attempt at flaming, since so many of you think it is. It is my opinions, and some (only some) of my reasons for why I want the old TT back (not to replace the new one, but as its own map).

New map = boring.
Old map = challenging and high-skill-lvl-required.

Will a red just PLEASE answer this question, rather than reverting to talking about the new map so much? A lot of us just DON'T CARE about the new map. (see above comments about it being boring/unbalanced, and add to them that it's a whole new feel--and regardless of what you intended, it does feel more like dominion than any other map in League. ... ... because of the afore-mentioned slugfest/bruiser/unbalanced comments. Not really because of alters or speed buff in my opinion.)
----

Edit: *For the sake of a Q & A format, at the risk of sounding presumptuous, I have decided to make an itemized list of questions I, personally, would like answered. *I'm sure there are more who would like to know these things as well. *So, below*is a reformatted version of what exactly we want to know.

1. Why? This is the biggest question in my mind. Why was the old map scrapped? Why does Riot not want that style of a 3v3 map on their game?

2. What is the problem with having two 3v3 maps? Has this been discussed with development teams? What are you thinking about this?

3. Before the new map, out of the 13 million players a day, how many people per day played the old TT map? I want to know this because most people on my friends list primarily played 3v3's. They had about 90% activity on 3v3's. Now most of them play ARAM or just... don't play half as much as they used to.

4. Are the hundreds of threads asking for the old TT back in some form just being ignored? Is anyone discussing this? A lot of us are trying to hold on for a while before we just quit playing. We are trying to get back something we love, because we have so many good memories with League. We need to know if this is being discussed as an issue, or if it's just being ignored as a knee-jerk reaction. Honestly, if that's Riot's approach, just tell me now. I'll uninstall and get on with my life.

5. Would Riot be upset if a 3rd party were to take designs/concept ideas from the old 3v3 map and make it into a new FTP server/game? This would be the layout only, not champs, etc... (I have no expertise of any kind in game design/development, etc. I know people who do, though, and who loved the old map. The player base would probably start small on this, but there would definitely be a demand for this).

ANSWER PLEASE.

Edit: I am not trying to rage pointlessly at you here. I'm putting Vesh and RiotNome in this thread name because these are the two reds that I've noticed have taken the time to read/reply to what some of us are saying on the forums. I really do just want answers. I want to know why this is being ignored.

Méthode

10-28-2012

There are more people who play new TT then old one.

But I'd like to have both maps but Riot will probably go on about how their saturing their player too much and whatnot.

Haeval

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mthode View Post

But I'd like to have both maps but Riot will probably go on about how their saturing their player too much and whatnot.
The new one is new. When Dominion first came out, SR 5v5 play plummeted for a couple weeks. Of COURSE more people will play the new map until they realize it's retarded, and a poor replacement.

I think Riot shouldn't be afraid of having multiple 3v3 maps. I honestly am starting to regret ever playing the old TT and getting to love it so much. It would have hurt less now...

mrzomby

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

So, you're saying if Riot went with the "Make new map, then don't touch TT" route, then all the members of TT would'nt QQ that the new 3s "shows that Riot doesn't care about TT and are ignoring it"?
No matter what they did, people were going to complain, and it's the same people who would be complaining. 90% of these threads are making a fuss, just to make a fuss.

Eternal Demøn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mthode View Post

Because it is obviously new. People wanted changes, they got it. A lot of people never really played 3vs3. They didnt know what the old map looked like and they cant compare it to the recent one that they screwed up so much.

PurpleURP

10-28-2012

bump for answer
ps riot nome betrayed the TT community

Exqzr

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleURP View Post
bump for answer
ps riot nome betrayed the TT community

Just curious why do you say that "Nome" is to blame?

Sauron

10-28-2012

Vesh didn't have any say at all in its replacing the old TT entirely. I asked him about it when it happened and his response was basically "wtf O.o"

Nome probably wasn't the one that made the call either; it's much more likely it was a management decision to get all the Halloween stuff out at the same time.

Map/mod/content designers don't get to make release/patch decisions, really. Speaking from experience as a former content designer of other games. We just try to hit deadlines often set by others.

Haeval

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Vesh didn't have any say at all in its replacing the old TT entirely. I asked him about it when it happened and his response was basically "wtf O.o"

Nome probably wasn't the one that made the call either; it's much more likely it was a management decision to get all the Halloween stuff out at the same time.

Map/mod/content designers don't get to make release/patch decisions, really. Speaking from experience as a former content designer of other games. We just try to hit deadlines often set by others.
Yeah, I only put Vesh and RiotNome's names on this thread because they're the only two who are actually reading threads/responding to problems on the new map. So far, though, NO ONE has tried to touch any of the threads about bringing back the old TT, or asking why it was taken away, instead of this new, obviously different-style map just being a 2nd 3v3...

xYalahX

10-28-2012

The reason why has been stated over and over and over by Riot over the years. It's the same reason why they wouldn't add a normal draft queue to the old TT.

Riot believes there are not enough 3v3 players to support multiple queues.

12345 ... 6