Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

beserker's greeves are BAD, ALWAYS.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bssil

10-02-2010

Sometimes I'll grab Greaves to help grab an early game kill when I'm playing a carry or when i need to push a lane faster, but Mercs are (usually) too awesome to pass up.

Edit: This is for a carry with an AS steroid, I sell the greaves later on when they become near useless.

Guerrilla333

10-02-2010

berser greeves are good for Skillful players who have champions that have escape moves like Tristana or ezreal because it doesnt matter if u get stuned with or without that 35% on ezreal you're going to die instantly

M4nTiCoR3

10-02-2010

Some of the top 5 players in ranked play who use them reguarly disagree...stfu until you knock them off thier throne with your Merc Treads.

RadioFlyr

10-02-2010

Quote:
MrToasty:
Tryndamere & Twtich. Glass canons don't need anything but offense.

Please I always get ninja tabi on tryn and that with phantom dancer(s) gives crazy dodge.

I top of that I go to evasion in the def tree.

I strongly disagree with your comment.

Carados

10-02-2010

Quote:
gap81:
Some of the top 5 players in ranked play who use them reguarly disagree...stfu until you knock them off thier throne with your Merc Treads.

Missing the ****ing point you moron.

jokull

10-02-2010

they have their niche, but yeah, they could definitely use a buff to make them competitive with other boots. they're not the worst boots, because that would be boots 1, but if they got another stat on top of attack speed such as armor pen, then they would become far more viable instantly. im getting off topic, but point is, theres a time and place for them, such as tryndamere, who probably could barely care less about getting merc or ninja, or early game on a ranged carry that needs to rush their stupid bf sword to not have their team yell qq's at them and wants a little attack speed to increase their damage output before the enemy really gets their mass cc going

IdleAltruism

10-02-2010

Quote:
Carados:
Missing the ****ing point you moron.

No, you seem to be missing the point. Berserkers have seen a bit of action among top players, including in the WCG tournament. It's really not that bad of an item under a variety of circumstances, and a lot of ranged carries can benefit greatly from picking them up, considering that for a long stretch of the game they will only have infinity edge(or the build up to infinity) and maybe an elixir for attack speed.

They certainly aren't amazing boots, but they do their job on the heroes that can use them.

Carados

10-02-2010

Quote:
IdleAltruism:
No, you seem to be missing the point.

Read the third post of this thread.

DeathBeyondKhaos

10-02-2010

I disagree with post number 1, they are by no means always bad. They are actually useful on Warwick. Warwick has bloodscent which increase movement, Personally I also use phantom dancers in my build so therefore there is an increase in movement speed as well. I also use ghost for earily game as I don't put to bloodscent right away.

IdleAltruism

10-02-2010

Quote:
Carados:
Read the third post of this thread.

Neat, that doesn't change anything.

You're arguing with yourself. Do you realize this? The premise of my argument is that top players can effectively make use of this item, essentially proving the OP wrong. You basically say something along similar lines.

I'm basically assuming you have a pseudo-argument going on in your head that for some reason we're talking about the average/slightly above average player here, and that you think the average player is hopeless and beyond ever making Berserkers useful at all, which is clearly a strange sort of forum elitist nonsense. The basic idea for this sort of argumentation is that the average player is going up against superior opponents that will make them pay for all mistakes under all circumstances, and that the only way to play is the safest, on average, route.

Clearly, when good players play, they can use them. That is enough to prove their validity. You don't need to be a god to mimic what good players do. The goal in doing so is getting better through their example. Simply choosing Berserker Greaves is not so game breaking a choice that to make them useful requires the skills of the best players in the game. Sure, picking the right items every game takes a bit of effort, but it's not that difficult to realize when you'll probably need Mercury or if you can get away with Berserkers, etc.

As interesting as forum ideology, philosophy, and trends are, they are quite old. Dota has had the same type of fallacy driven thinking since its inception.