Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

beserker's greeves are BAD, ALWAYS.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

golems

Recruiter

10-02-2010

Please stop telling people to build beserkers greaves. In every single way beserkers greaves fail in comparison to both tabi and mercury treds.

i always always see people posting threads like "how should i build warwick?"

and in 8 of the 12 reply's people have beserkers greaves in their build,

this has been posted time and time again but it never seems to catch on.

attack speed is literally the most reaccuring stat in the game, like 80%( good guess) of every item in the game has attack speed in it.

while mecurys treds have a reduction to all movement reduction effects(besides warwick and mal's ult) note THIS IS THE ONLY ITEM TO GIVE THAT BONUS. in effect it makes it one of the best items in the game.

Tabi boots offer 12% dodge there is only 1 other item in the game that gives you dodge.

please stop building beserker's greaves, every item in the game gives attack speed, you can get it from something else. its not a dire stat.
-golems-

MrToasty

10-02-2010

Tryndamere & Twtich. Glass canons don't need anything but offense.

Carados

10-02-2010

Zerker Greaves are great if you're the god of positioning. People who read guides are not.

And the above post is dumb.

EchoRex

10-02-2010

They suck. Fact.

Except in specific team strategy builds.
EXAMPLE: 3x Doran Blade plus Zerkers for an early game team fight, sell Zerkers after completion of a good AS item.

Pretty much every other situation? Failure.

Quote:
MrToasty:
Tryndamere & Twtich. Glass canons don't need anything but offense.

Then they explode. And because they explode, they will suck out loud.

Just for posting that, you're bad and you should feel bad.

EkardNT

10-02-2010

Premise 1: Beserker's greeves [sic] are bad.
Conclusion: Beserker's greeves [sic] are always a bad choice.

I shall disprove your arguement by providing a counterexample: Kog'Maw; alternatively, Tristana playing against a team of five new players.

EchoRex

10-02-2010

Quote:
EkardNT:
Premise 1: Beserker's greeves [sic] are bad.
Conclusion: Beserker's greeves [sic] are always a bad choice.

I shall disprove your arguement by providing a counterexample: Kog'Maw; alternatively, Tristana playing against a team of five new players.

Your counter examples, not so much. Both exceptionally bad.

golems

Recruiter

10-02-2010

OK, if you in 1600 elo and there team consists of 1-2 disables and your playing ashe,kog,trist who ever, you know how to play obviously you can decide whether greaves are a good choice.
but if you sitting at 1062 elo you dont need to build greaves on any hero at anytime.
your at that elo because you dont know how to stay alive.

Shinslammer

10-02-2010

I like em on trist. You avoid CC and melee range pretty well. You dont rely on a slow and speed to chase like ashe does. Can't think of many other champs they're decent on.

In the absence of CC, I'd still choose boots3 over berserker greaves on any melee champ.

So are they useless? no. not at all. Most people shouldnt build AS at all from their core items, so getting a little bit on boots for free can really help.

Should most of the people getting them be getting something else? yes.

They're generally not a great buy, but its nothing like a malady.

EchoRex

10-02-2010

Ironically, there is a better case to be made for Malady on Tristana than there is one to be made for Zerkers.

HanzGruber

10-02-2010

While berserkers greaves are quite a bad item mid game and beyond, in early game they provide a cheap advantage for physical champions that have only just started their AD items. Fortunately, they're also very cheap, meaning they can be sold with little negative impact on overall gold usage. Playing Mundo, I sometimes buy berserkers greaves to increase my killing power with masochism, then sell them later for ninja tabi or merc treads as I see fit.