Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tristana viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poon Jab

10-28-2012

Hey! Been playing a few months now. Feel confident in my jungle and top lane skills. Trying to learn an adc and support so I can startnplaying ranked. So far I'm liking Tristana best. I rarely see her Played in high elo but I like how her skills help her get into good position and escape bad position. From playing mostly tankier characters, my positioning can sometimes be bad. Bit the question is... is tristana viable and worth learning?

Mitch

SwiftBlades00

10-28-2012

yes, trist is one of best early because of her combo, w+ e + r + ignite, she is weak in mid game because her passive is not at its full potential, but she is beast at late game because of her superb range and her q (free Phamton dancersss).
trist is not common pick because current meta average game time is around 30-40 minutes; mid to early-late game; and mid game team fights are very important to both map control and morale.

the trinity of adc is best right now, because their scaling is what current meta is looking for, strong early + super strong mid + okay late game.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-28-2012

Tristana is plenty viable.

doombotMECHA

10-28-2012

having an agressive support like leona will go MILES towards securing that early advantage.
remember, it doesn't matter if you have a poor mid game, just as long as you're setting up during early to make sure that your opposing ADC has one too!

Poon Jab

10-28-2012

Thanks for the input guys. So try to harass Hard early to deny a strong mid game for opposing adc to try and get to late game Where I dominate is a good strategy? Another question attack damage quints over movement speed with tristana seeing that she has an escape?

Jewels Winfield

11-05-2012

The Key to Tristana play is pretty easy for me..

At Lvl 2 w/Ignite and heal... almost no one can trade with you.

You rocket-jump in, E, Ignite throw a few auto attacks...you've likely just burnt 1 enemy down. Now the CD on your rocket-jump just got reset, so you are bouncing over to their support... AA them for a sec until they see you're low.. pop your heal and melt them too.

The 2-0 tristana is a menace and once she snowballs with the extra range there aren't many than can stop her.

The problem is IF you don't snowball early...she is in trouble in the current Meta. She can get lost until minute 40 or so if you don't get some positives early.

Warrrrax

11-07-2012

Trist kind of sucks. She is never ever picked in any season 2 tournaments.

Her problem is that her kit is wierd. It is ALL AP scaling! Her range starts out poor and she has no poke. All other champs that are good ADCs have range...even Graves has great spell range.

trist does have a great offensive level 6 killing power but its hard to use because she gets outpoked so easily early,

Lategame she is quite strong though its only due to her big AS steroid and autoattack. Her other abilities become near worthless except as utility. This means no real burst unlike a fed Graves or Ez even.

So she is playable but is a subpar ADC currently. They keep giving her minor buffs and nerfing the big 3, so hopefully this will change in season 3.

Dpaladinx

11-07-2012

What a lot of people don't realize that (while it is rare), having long range is more important than short range burst damage for an ADC. If you look at Ezreal, Corki, and Graves, they have a relatively short autoattack range that any assassin can easily kill them (550 for Ez and Corki, and 525 for Graves). All three will fall flat late game because their low autoattack range and their pokes won't be enough in teamfights. ADC like Tristana, Koggy, and Caitlyn have more value late game wise than Ezreal, Corki, and Graves.

Tristana is one of the easier ADC to play as and it took me a while to master her (Ezreal, another ADC I've played, is more powerful than Tristana and has a better escape than her, but harder to play as). Basically, if you want good early game potential, max her Rocket Jump first and put about two to three points on her E for better farming and harass. Also, have a strong support like Alistar or Blitzcrank for beter laning.

For item build wise, I often rush Infinity Edge after I get my Berserker Greaves, Doran's Blade and Vampiric Specter. Or in cases where I get terribly harassed to the point I've been denied my farm, I'd get Wriggle's Lantern and Phantom Dancer with Bloodthrister later for more survivalbility.

So ranking wise: early-game Trist: average, mid-game: horrible, late-game: beast

Likewise with Ezreal: early-mid game: pwnage, late-game: ****.

But looking at the current metagame, most people prefer very short games (20-30 minute marks), so there is a reason why Ezreal, Graves, and Corki have good value. I've been playing as Tristana for a while as one of my main ADC (the others being Kennen and Ezreal). Trust me, a lot of folks get impatient with it comes to her late-game value.

lll Taeyeon lll

11-07-2012

AP mid trist is viable (don't go on youtube looking for AP trist, nobody knows how to play her properly except Scarra, HeavenzCurse and I). Pretty much you need to know how to smartcast spells and items, then watch a professional play AP trist - not saying i'm a professional, but my k/d ratio is 3:1 in ranked with AP trist.