CLG are the 2010 WCG Champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1b40b095eda264a85f15c

Adjudicator

10-04-2010

Is there any place that I can actually watch the finals (CLG vs SK)?

General Izza

10-05-2010

that's the US finals.....

Need WCG Finals in good Quail ;D

Monzie

10-05-2010

I was excited to see Kassadin get some high level play. I thought that their bans were off though, seemed like Taric and Amumu are the 2 that really prevented SK from playing their style of game, because they are super hard to gank when played well. Picking kass with those 2 in the lineup, and sona...who's he going to get kills on? I thought banning anivia was not that great because sure wall is annoying but, kass is great against anivia, but not with the support of those 2 ridiculously strong tanks imo.

AMo0oRY

10-05-2010

first Congratulations to GLG
and i wanna see the much..

Ratio

Adjudicator

10-05-2010

cool match to watch. My only question tho...why have a co host in DJWHEAT...who knows NOTHING about the game he's commentating for?

ihatehumans

Adjudicator

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratio View Post
cool match to watch. My only question tho...why have a co host in DJWHEAT...who knows NOTHING about the game he's commentating for?
THIS!

OMG I don't wanna watch a finals match and listen to the basics of LoL. It's like, if your watching a freaking finals match and don't understand the game, maybe watch some tutorials first?

Do I watch the Olympics and expect to hear an explanation of exactly how the breast stroke works?

LoL is really hampered competitively by this whole "people don't know the genre so we got to teach it to em" mind set. Most of the good players get sick of it and quit

"Is there a lot of team communication going on?"

Dumbest question I have ever heard. Nah man, it's a team game finals match and mostly players don't communicate. Like, I don't care if the genre is new, use some common sense man!

Nastis

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatehumans View Post
THIS!

OMG I don't wanna watch a finals match and listen to the basics of LoL. It's like, if your watching a freaking finals match and don't understand the game, maybe watch some tutorials first?

Do I watch the Olympics and expect to hear an explanation of exactly how the breast stroke works?

LoL is really hampered competitively by this whole "people don't know the genre so we got to teach it to em" mind set. Most of the good players get sick of it and quit

"Is there a lot of team communication going on?"

Dumbest question I have ever heard. Nah man, it's a team game finals match and mostly players don't communicate. Like, I don't care if the genre is new, use some common sense man!
I think a lot of those were leading questions that he probably knew the answer to, you gotta remember this wasn't just a LoL event it was part of the whole WCG thing so a lot of people were probably watching and had never seen LoL before. It's good in situations like that to give basic overview as well as the more specific commentary provided by Phreak. Just my opinion

wqqqqwrt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2010

CLG murdured
without tf on the fields of justice

ihatehumans

Adjudicator

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastis View Post
I think a lot of those were leading questions that he probably knew the answer to, you gotta remember this wasn't just a LoL event it was part of the whole WCG thing so a lot of people were probably watching and had never seen LoL before. It's good in situations like that to give basic overview as well as the more specific commentary provided by Phreak. Just my opinion
Maybe put like an explanation or tutorial stand up somewhere else? I mean, eventually the other commentator just STFU and let phreak do his thing, but a bunch of key moments were missed cos phreak had to explain basics that even anyone who has played an RTS should know!

A lot of people aren't in to pro sports but they don't spend the first 10-15 mins of the finals reporting how they work.