Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

(Champion Concept) Xie, The Magnificent Mage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Faff

10-27-2012

Please, give me some feed back on my Champion Idea. All thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.
Links to my other champions:
Caula, the Chaos Embodied (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31090541#post31090541)

Xie, the Magnificent Mage
Mage, Ranged, Support

-------------------------------------------
Attack Power: 3
Defense Power: 5
Magic Power: 9
Difficulty: 4

Physical Description:
Xie is just a few inches shorter than your average human. She has a rather narrow body type, and is less “endowed” than most lady champions. She wears a black dress shirt, a white lace cravat, a white vest, a long black jacket and pants, and white and black shoes. She also wears gold rings on each finger. She has silver straight hair, tucked behind her ears that go to about shoulders length. She has green eyes and fair skin. She carries a black cane with a Diamond Ball on top.

Lore:
Xie was once one of the most promising students of wizardry in all of Demacia, possibly in all of its history. Well versed in the language of magic, Xie came from a wealthy family, and was tutored for years in tapping into her inner talent. By age 7, she could already outclass her tutor in her art, and at age 13, her skills where near unparralled by any who knew her. Both adoring and fearing their child’s seemingly boundless ability, Xie's parents sent her to the most prestigious magical academies in all of Runeterra.

Under the tutelage of some of the greatest wizards of all time, Xie excelled far beyond anyone’s expectations. Her teachers where consistently rotated out, as they ran bare of magic that Xie could not quickly grasp. She was on the fast track to arch-mage status, and to cementing her reputation as the youngest arch-mage ever. And yet, something was not quite right. Among the gloomy towers and snowy landscapes, Xie could not help but grow bored of her magical studies. She harkened back to the days where she would amaze all in her home city with but a wave of the hand and a mere expelling of magic. One day, she could take the growing tedium of studies no longer, and, in the dead of night, left behind the academy with little more than the clothes on her back and her knowledge of the mystic arts.

It would be a few years before anyone heard of Xie yet again. It was in Ionia, where a large crowd gathered around a seemingly bland street corner. There, they witnessed a young lady, performing feats of magical skill the likes of which where unseen to them in years. Hired by venues across the city, the mysterious Ms. gained the wealth and notoriety she had always dreamed of. But even with all her adoring fans, lining up around city blocks to see her, it was not enough for Xie. When she learned of the League of Legends, of the matches and battles viewed the world over, it was simply a proposition Xie could not overlook. Returning to Demacia, Xie was very quickly given full privilege to represent her city in the league. Now she competes for her people, with a level of showmanship and prestige that keeps the crowd seats packed.

“She may be beloved for her flash, but I warn you, do not underestimate to substance in that one” –Jericho Swain, after witnessing her first match within the League

------------------------------------------------
Stats:
Health: 340 (+70)
Health Regen: 4.90 (+0.51)
Mana: 280 (+50)
Mana Regen: 7.5 (+0.7)
Range: 500
Attack Damage: 55 (+6)
Attack Speed: 0.619 (+1.28%)
Armor: 8.5 (+3.3)
Magic Resist: 34
Movement Speed: 315

----------------------------------------------------
Skill

Passive: Ever the Showman
Xie gains 3/6/9 AP for every Champion in range (Range 1000) (Increases at level 6 and 13)

Q: Glorious Spectacle
Xie waves her cane in front of her, producing a sphere of magic that last 3/4/5/6/7 seconds. This ball projects an aura (range 350) that raises attack speed by 15/20/25/30/35% for friendly champions, and lowering enemy Armor by 10/15/20/25/30. The spell can be cast again with no cost to send the ball towards the nearest enemy champion, dealing 75/125/175/225/270 (+75% AP) magic damage.
Cooldown: 15 Seconds
Cost: 45/50/55/60/65 Mana

W: Wondrous Expunge
Xie points her cane out in front of her, producing a wave of energy. This wave damages enemies for 80/130/180/230/280 (+75% AP) magic damage. Friendly units hit by the wave gain 10/15/20/25/30% Movement speed 5 seconds.
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Cost: 30/35/40/45/50 Mana
Range: 750

E: Crowd Pleaser
Skill Shot: Xie releases a quick burst of magical energy, dealing magic damage. If this skill hits an enemy champion, she also gains 10 Gold per enemy champion hit.
Damage: 40/80/120/160/200 (+50% AP)
Cooldown: 10 Seconds
Range: 1000

R: Grand Finale
Xie focuses all her energies into her best trick. After a 2 second cast time, Xie releases her magic into a shockwave of dazzling lights around her, that remains for 2/3/4 seconds, Dealing magic damage and slowing all enemies as long as they remain in the area of effect.
Damage: 100/200/300 (+60%) each Second
Slow: 20/30/40%
Cooldown: 90 Seconds
Cost: 150/180/210 Mana
Area of Effect: 650/750/850

------------------------------------------------------
Playing as Xie:
Xie’s can fill quite a few rolls on teams, with decent buffs and damage for support or AP Caster
Make use of Xie’s Wondrous Expunge to farm creep waves, and her Glorious Spectacle to harass enemy champions
Xie’s ult can turn the tide of team fights; try to save it for when it will hit the most champions

Playing against Xie:
Xie is relatively squishy, try to point out ganks in order to diminish her late game usability
Xie’s range as a caster is not the best, long range champs like Kog’Maw and Tristana can tear her asunder
Xie is defenseless when readying her ult, try to gang up on her in those precious seconds

----------------------------------------------------------
Quotes:
Upon Selection: “We’ll give ‘em a real show, summoner”

Moving: “And away we go”
“Changing Venues”
“Coming to a lane near you"
“A good performers always on the move”
“We’ll spread the magic”
“Already on my way”
“Let’s get this show on the road”

Attacking: “Voila”
“Abracadabra”
"Alakazam"
“Enjoy the show”
“Watch in Awe”
“And for my next trick…”
“Ah, A volunteer, excellent”

On Kill: “And now, I’ll make you disappear”
“Shame you couldn’t stick around”
“What, No Encore?”
"And, POOF, No more Champion"
"Bravo, am excellent effort"
(Female Champion): “I lose so many lovely assistants that way”
(Twisted Fate): Mere card tricks? Child’s play.

Casting Grand Finale: “Ladies and Gentlemen…”
“’…The Moment you’ve all been waiting for”
“Are you prepared for…”
“…The Greatest Show on Runeterra?”
“Take a seat kids…”
“… Now begins the real show”

On Recall: (Above 50% Health) "Always leave them wanting more"
(Below 50% Health) "I need to see my manager about this"

On Death: "Intermission time" *Takes a bow and dissapears into smoke*

On Revival: "Now, the show really CAN go on"

Taunt: “Be lucky I don’t plan too saw you in half”
“Think twice before the trifle with I, Xie, The Magnificent Mage”

Joke: *Rolls up her sleeves and pidgeons fly out* eh heh heh… you didn’t see that
(When Standing near Draven) "Try not to Upstage me, ya got that?"

Dance: *Standard cane dance and kick*

-------------------------------------------------------------
Skins
The Great and Powerful Xie: Xie wears a light blue button up shirt and pants, A dark blue cape with stars on it, and a dark blue witches hat with a similar design

Archmage Xie: Xie wears a bright white robe with a hood, and carries a wooden walking stick

Vegas Xie: Xie wears a traditional sparkly tuxedo and bow tie, and carries a white tipped black wand

Modern Mage Xie: Xie wears a black scarf, a red vest, and black flare bottom pants, with black boots

Nicsta55

10-27-2012

This champion sounds pretty cool, but one thing i think should be changed is the passive, dont get me wrong it sounds cool, but if you have about 1000 ap, then you are getting 1000 every 20 seconds, which is quite alot. Maybe if it was half of her ap or if you get the gold every 45 seconds or a minute. The emotes sound quite good, i especially like card tricks one with TF. another thing i think is a bit op is the buff given from the ult, it shouldnt last until death or champs with low c/d abilities can spam them nonstop, maybe if it lasted 15 seconds but is renewed if the champion kills someone, also youve given it 5 different mana costs, not 3. But all in all this sounds like a promising champion, great work!

Lord Faff

10-28-2012

Quote:
LoLaggedon:
This champion sounds pretty cool, but one thing i think should be changed is the passive, dont get me wrong it sounds cool, but if you have about 1000 ap, then you are getting 1000 every 20 seconds, which is quite alot. Maybe if it was half of her ap or if you get the gold every 45 seconds or a minute. The emotes sound quite good, i especially like card tricks one with TF. another thing i think is a bit op is the buff given from the ult, it shouldnt last until death or champs with low c/d abilities can spam them nonstop, maybe if it lasted 15 seconds but is renewed if the champion kills someone, also youve given it 5 different mana costs, not 3. But all in all this sounds like a promising champion, great work!

Alright, I took this into account and did a bit of tweaking. The passive and the Showboat Buff have both been nerfed. And a minor fix to the ults mana cost.

Thanks for the feedback.

Lord Faff

11-03-2012

Bump for Feedback, Por Favor?

Munkey20

11-03-2012

I like the idea, but at the same time she seems both overpowered and very weak at the same time. I think her passive is still too powerful for late game. Early game you are barely getting anything from it, but after you pick up a Rabadon's and another AP items in midgame you will be getting several hundred gold a minute. By the time you get close to maxing out your build you might have 400-500 AP and would be getting more than you could ever use. Maybe changing it to a flat amount(10g per 30) starting out and make it scale off of that with 10-20% AP ratio would give it more early game benefit while not being overpowered to the point of uselessness late game. And with this change increase the while dead effect to around 50%.

Glorious Spectacle and Wonderous Expunge's AP ratios are too low. With 500 AP with your current ratios your Q would only be dealing 170 damage when maxed, and the W would only deal 120. I would raise them to 50-60% for Spectacle and 40% for Expunge.

Spectacle's other effects would need to be altered a bit. The Armor debuff is pretty weak, I would increase that but I would even out the Attack Speed buffs some. Maybe start it at a 15% increase and let it go up to either 35% or 40%. I might be misunderstanding it, but it seems like you are just adding a flat amount to their attack speed. Like if they had a base of 0.65 it would increase it to 0.75/0.85/0.95/1.05/1.15 which takes it from about a 15% increase to almost a 100% increase in attack speed.

Wonderous Expunge's MS increase needs to be bumped up a bit too. 3% isn't much of a boost for 2 seconds. I would start it at 10% and take it up to 20%. Also change the duration since you only have 3 levels duration currently. 2/3/4/5/6 would have you start and end at the same place but would fill out the ranks.

When I first read your Ult I thought it was incredibly overpowered. Your need to describe it some more so we get a better sense of the area of effect(ie, how wide is the wave, does the ultimate last for 4 seconds in an area or does the effect it applies to enemy champions last for 4 seconds) if its as wide as a Sona ult and extending out 525/650/725 for example it might not be that bad depending on how you intended it to effect enemy champions. It needs a flat amount of damage to start with since early game it isn't going to be dangerous at all. Also 110% is alot and could possibly deal 550 damage per second for 4 seconds if any champion hit by it initial takes all that damage. When I first read it I thought it would do that. But I'm not sure if you intended the are itself to last 4 seconds and enemies can move out of it to get out of the damage which if thats the case I would just give it a flat amount of damage dealt and add maybe a 80%-100% AP ratio on there. But if you are having it apply a DoT to each enemy hit it still needs a flat amount, but stick it with around a 40% AP ratio.

Your E seemed a little weak at first but in a team fight end game it seems pretty solid. I almost feel like you could add something to it, but not sure what. Maybe granting your team partial benefit or lowering enemies magic resist based on how many are around you and your AP ratio.

Overall nice champion concept, just needs some number tweaking and some clarification.

Lord Faff

11-04-2012

Quote:
Munkey20:
I like the idea, but at the same time she seems both overpowered and very weak at the same time. I think her passive is still too powerful for late game. Early game you are barely getting anything from it, but after you pick up a Rabadon's and another AP items in midgame you will be getting several hundred gold a minute. By the time you get close to maxing out your build you might have 400-500 AP and would be getting more than you could ever use. Maybe changing it to a flat amount(10g per 30) starting out and make it scale off of that with 10-20% AP ratio would give it more early game benefit while not being overpowered to the point of uselessness late game. And with this change increase the while dead effect to around 50%.

Glorious Spectacle and Wonderous Expunge's AP ratios are too low. With 500 AP with your current ratios your Q would only be dealing 170 damage when maxed, and the W would only deal 120. I would raise them to 50-60% for Spectacle and 40% for Expunge.

Spectacle's other effects would need to be altered a bit. The Armor debuff is pretty weak, I would increase that but I would even out the Attack Speed buffs some. Maybe start it at a 15% increase and let it go up to either 35% or 40%. I might be misunderstanding it, but it seems like you are just adding a flat amount to their attack speed. Like if they had a base of 0.65 it would increase it to 0.75/0.85/0.95/1.05/1.15 which takes it from about a 15% increase to almost a 100% increase in attack speed.

Wonderous Expunge's MS increase needs to be bumped up a bit too. 3% isn't much of a boost for 2 seconds. I would start it at 10% and take it up to 20%. Also change the duration since you only have 3 levels duration currently. 2/3/4/5/6 would have you start and end at the same place but would fill out the ranks.

When I first read your Ult I thought it was incredibly overpowered. Your need to describe it some more so we get a better sense of the area of effect(ie, how wide is the wave, does the ultimate last for 4 seconds in an area or does the effect it applies to enemy champions last for 4 seconds) if its as wide as a Sona ult and extending out 525/650/725 for example it might not be that bad depending on how you intended it to effect enemy champions. It needs a flat amount of damage to start with since early game it isn't going to be dangerous at all. Also 110% is alot and could possibly deal 550 damage per second for 4 seconds if any champion hit by it initial takes all that damage. When I first read it I thought it would do that. But I'm not sure if you intended the are itself to last 4 seconds and enemies can move out of it to get out of the damage which if thats the case I would just give it a flat amount of damage dealt and add maybe a 80%-100% AP ratio on there. But if you are having it apply a DoT to each enemy hit it still needs a flat amount, but stick it with around a 40% AP ratio.

Your E seemed a little weak at first but in a team fight end game it seems pretty solid. I almost feel like you could add something to it, but not sure what. Maybe granting your team partial benefit or lowering enemies magic resist based on how many are around you and your AP ratio.

Overall nice champion concept, just needs some number tweaking and some clarification.

Thanks for the feedback, I did some serious number changing, and I added to the clarification of the ult, so that its more like Maokai or Fiddlesticks ult. The passive now does some nerfing to the enemy team, and the passive has been nerfed as well. Thanks for the indepth feedback sir, you make me make better champions

SkitZ HitZ

11-25-2012

I like the sound of it all but passive man needs to be different something that will help it in lanen phase yes gold is good but lacks if the player runs 9-0-21 and max gp5 every game he wont have to even worry about csing but zone because only champ that would gain so much gp5. It really has got to be different

Lord Faff

11-25-2012

Quote:
SkitZ HitZ:
I like the sound of it all but passive man needs to be different something that will help it in lanen phase yes gold is good but lacks if the player runs 9-0-21 and max gp5 every game he wont have to even worry about csing but zone because only champ that would gain so much gp5. It really has got to be different

But this character is intended to be support, and therefore shouldn't have a sky high CS anyway. Instead, by having the bonus gold, she can focus on buying wards (if she is support) or rushing important support items, or paying for the more expensive Ability Power items (if going mid lane), to allow for her to remain viable even if her midlane play doesn't go well. If you had a suggestion for an alternate passive, though, I'm more than excepting of a way to make her better.

Leo Tomita

11-28-2012

Quote:
Passive: Ever the Showman
Xie gains 10 gold every 30 seconds, plus .2 gold for each point of AP she has. All friendly champions gain 50% of this gold while she is dead.
interesting idea...but...its kinda tricky...imagine her with 400 AP wich is pretty normal right? so...every 30 seconds she will gain 90 gold...180...per minute... she can farm by herself...doing nothing...
now ...at hihgh levels the innate is fine...(more AP = more gold right?) ...but what about early games...im looking a t her as a Solo Mid...and that is a way to build rabadon in less than 10 minutes...did you get my point? i am horrible to explain stuff

Quote:
Q: Glorious Spectacle
i like this "trap"...well balanced...even with 40% cd reduc...the cooldown of this skill wont pass 7 seconds duration..otherwise u could pack some spheres at some bush/corner point and BINGO!! i am glad you thought about this...

Quote:
W: Wondrous Expunge
... good supportive skill...but this can perma buff the allies...or worse...stack MS...since the buff last 6 seconds and the cooldown could be less than 5 seconds with CD reduc...Blue Buffother than that...well balanced damage and MS buff

Quote:
E: Crowd Pleaser
...very fun skill...at lvl 9 you could get free 90 AP...but is ok since she will lose 30 MR....kamikaze look alike!

Quote:
R: Grand Finale
....this skill is STROOOONG...but fukit...its her Gran Finale.....but the reset part....no that's too much....even for a gran finale...

her quotes...she is quite a performer huh? reminds me a lil bit Draven...

overall good job..Thumbs Up

Lord Faff

11-28-2012

Since two people have mentioned the passive, I've increased the timing on the passive and lowered the scaling to make it still helpful early game, while not being massively overpowered in the late game. She still requires farm in the early game, but once her main items start popping in, she can snowball her way right down midlane.