Difference between Full Metal, Hextech, and Battlecast skins.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owny McOwnerton

10-27-2012

I actually have a question about the art and I don't know if this goes here but hey why not? So I've noticed that Full Metal, Hextech, and Battlecast skins are all "robot" or "mechanical" type skins. But I'm having trouble telling the difference between them or what makes one over the other. I thought full metal skins only stuck with mostly human characters like full metal pantheon and full metal jayce, but then full metal rammus came out. So that broke the system. Then hextech could apply to Demacian forces like Hextech Janna and Hextech Anivia, but then there's hextech Sion who is obviously not for demacia. Then there's battlecast (arguably my favorite) which has a lot of noxius/void forces on it such as battlecast urgot, battlecast xerath, battlecast prime cho'gath. This is the only one that seems to have a flow to it but if rumors of battlecast anivia are true then it wouldn't be. But I'm just wondering do you guys have any clear distinction when making robot skins for characters and which category they go under or is it just kind of pick and choose? Either way I love all those skins so keep them coming guys!

3mptylord

10-27-2012

Full Metal Pantheon is a metal statue... Rammus and Jayce look different. I think the new Full Metal skins are the Resistance, along with Pulsefire Ezreal.

Hextech is a lore-thing. They are steampunk/built by GANK Industries.

Battlecast/Mecha are part of Viktor's Evolution: they are cyborbs.

Yolo McSwagerson

10-27-2012

Well look closely at Full Metal Pantheon and he's a robot/cyborg it's not a suit. Rammus and Jayce do look different but they are both Full Metal.

Hextech is a steampunk design but hextech sion is based of terminator and is cyborg like. But others like hextech janna and anivia are indeed steampunk like.

As for battlecast/mecha skins viktor is a cyborg but battlecast xerath, urgot, and cho are full robots.