New twisted treeline altar feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

canible

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

I have been a long time twisted treeline player and am a fan of the new remake. I have over 2000 twisted treeline games and would like this remake to turn out in the best and most balanced way possible. I mainly have some feedback about the new playing style focused around the altars and the way they work.

PROBLEM A:
A. The duration of the locking for altars: The 90 second duration for two separate objectives results in a new objective pulling people out of lane at least once a minute. This focus on teamfight and ganky combat is great, but it is far too extreme nearly removing the laning phase from the game.

SOLUTION A: If the buff would last say 90 seconds to 120 seconds and the the lock would last like say 3 minutes, then there could be a slight more emphasis on laning early. The objectives could still come up about every 1.5 to 3 minutes, so the teamfight ganky emphasis would still be there as well.

SOLUTION B: Same as above, but the buff lasts until taken, but it would need to be reduced.

PROBLEM B: The capture process: With standing on the point being the only way to cap or stop the cap, tank or tanky dps champs can simply group up and force capture the point with no way to stop them. This is really serious with tanks that can push champs off of the points.

SOLUTION A: Make capture of the points more like dominion. Damage stops cap for a short time, and/or capping stops capping for a duration as well.

SOLUTION B: Simply add a delay to the cap after the capping of the point has been compromised.

OTHER FEEDBACK TO COME LATER. THOUGHTS??

canible

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Bump

Deychundei

10-28-2012

I do like the concept of the capture points but I agree with your assessment, out of your solutions I like Solution A.

Here are my views

I feel that the capture points should have a 'guardian' If Vilemaw is the Baron of TT then maybe have the two altars have a Dragon-esq champion at each.
Attacking these two point would be a more risky approach as you could have it stolen from you or you could be aced, akin to fighing for dragon on SR.

I also feel that the speed bonus shrine in the middle is a bit odd and out of place. I personally feel like it shouldnt be there, the jungle is to easy and to small to traverse.
My thoughts are either to remove it outright. Or to change it into a capturable point after the two 'guardians'' (listed above) are down giving the buff for both alters that is currently available. This would mean that the teams have a choice, get Vilemaw and give up the centre altar, or get the altar and possibly give up Vilemaw, im sure that there are ways to balance it so that they take the same time to obtain.

My last thought is the jungle, as much as i like the current lay out and simplicity, i do feel that it needs to be wider, and a little bit more difficult to get from one side to the other. The current set up make it that moving form one lane to another is very easy, a few more walls and a wider jungle (which may allow for more creeps to kill, which inturn scales down the money and xp per camp as right now its a very lucrative place to be.)

That being said, I was very excited for the new TT, love the concept love what they are trying to accomplish but as its a beta I also get that this is a work in progress.

These are my thoughts, downvote pick apart as you please.

WillWW

10-28-2012

You know that once you get the buff it stays with you right? It only unlocks so it can be stolen. If no one steals, you still have it.

Hraagh

10-28-2012

The altars need to go away. They're an unnecessary snowball mechanic favoring early game teams.

Mirai Lotus

10-28-2012

They need to scrap the altars and stick in buffs. They also need to add wards. Once a champ get that early kill from invades, they will be roaming all over the place and picking up more kills. Yes, my team mates call mia, but it would be nice to know where they are coming form and who is with them :P

Soiyeruda

10-28-2012

Even if you make altars less impactful, the benefit of ganking a lane far exceeds the benefit of farming the lane because of how easy it is to do.

canible

10-28-2012

I do understand that the buffs last until contested, and I think that should be changed. Also ganking would still be there, but there would beless emphasis on it than there is currently. I have not had a single top lane dual phase yet on the new tt and that was the best thing about the old version. Just my thoughts though.

SpiffmeisterZ

10-28-2012

The main point I agree with is the overly cramped jungle and the speed boost just being straight up ridiculous. However, with the extremely fast death timers, it's kind of needed most of the time to successfully run up and altar steal after an ace.

One of the biggest things I notice is that Vilemaw is just not bothered with in about 90% of games unless you get someone with high sustain to go solo it while you keep the opposing team busy running around altars. It's just far too easy to get jumped while taking it, yet baiting fights around it is nearly impossible for how easy it is to disengage. Thankfully outside of Teemo/Shaco there's no "wards" that really last all that long so there's still a chance to take it.

I do like the lack of wards on such a small map as otherwise it would be far too easy to just ward near both of the altars and forever

WillWW

10-28-2012

Haha yeah, whereas, in old tt, ebonmaw always had visitors, spiderman barely gets to see anyone outside of the monthly conjugal visit.