So what're some tips for making a 'Free Agent' resume?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakuri Ono

10-27-2012

Still in the deliberation process on if I want to start putting myself out as a free agent for DD tournaments. I already have several ideas for what to put on a 'resume' but wouldn't mind hearing additional ideas at all. One question I do have in addition is; how common is LoLRecorder around here? Was debating on using it to make a small collection of game play vids for prospective teams to watch in order to gauge the strengths and weaknesses of my play style. Just not sure it'd be worth all the fuss if LoLRecorder isn't in much use anymore. (Since it requires watching each vid, picking out proper ones, uploading, labeling, linking, ect.)

HaIfhearted

10-27-2012

One thing to include would be your old Jabebot/lolmatches elo, if available.
I suppose current w/l is also an important thing, although it isn't necessarily a good indicator of skill OR current elo.

Roles/champions you can play and well-known/high elo people you have gone up against in solo q (if applicable) would probably be other things to include.

But really, just try and find some other guys who you like to play with and see if they wanna group up.
All of the current top teams formed from solo q players who clicked and decided to team up.

Sauron

10-28-2012

Put basic stats like win difference, games played, Dom rating if available, preferred roles and your best champions on your open resume. It also helps to include your times of availability for team practices and forms of communication you're willing to use (vent, skype, etc.).

It can be difficult to get a foot into an existing tournament team because most regular teams have their core lineup already and if they need subs they already have a network of people to ask. There's a fair amount of teamless people though, so you might consider throwing together a team of randoms from DD chat or solo queue and trying a few tournies. The more experience you and your team has with tournaments, the easier it will be to recruit and improve.

LoLRecorder is pretty common. I haven't used it in a long time but my teammate MMKH usually records every game we play as a team. I know Feedski occasionally asks him for replays of tourney matches.