Calling Roles > Pick Order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solemendal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

honestly you should be ready to play any role even though i try my hardest not to play support because it dont trust people to carry the game for me

Venova

10-28-2012

Riot didn't "make pick order", the whole idea of draft pick in anything IS pick order, the difference here is it's people picking what champion to play vs who they want on their team in a sport or something, and it works the same way in dota except you don't do all bans before picks. Actually, you know, I wonder if a Captains mode for LoL like dota 2 has would solve this - first pick picks everyones role and champions

oh wait, people are too immature for something like that here, pardon me

working and compromising and agreeing as a team (role calling and adjustment), creates far far far far far less problems and potential for arguments then "pick order", your all a bunch of selfish trolls who screw over teammates with your "you should be able to do every role perfectly" nonsense - okay, is it worth a loss to you that I have to jungle? What about counter picks? firstpick takes mid gragas, oh look, enemies took fizz and mid gets facerolled, how did that pick order work for you when 4th pick called mid and would not have been countered?

gg

Actually, heres an idea, why not have something like, captains ban like normal, and then all other 8 players pick their champions they want to play like blind pick, and then, the captains pick which of those players to put on their team, alternating just like normal draft, except everyone chooses before, at the same time

or maybe each player picks 3 champions they can play (after bans), and that pool is what is shown to the enemy team, and then the captain picks which champions of those selections for each player that each player will play - since the players chose the champions they want to be able to choose from, there is no issue of someone getting stuck with something they can't do, and since the captain picks what everyone is doing, they can counter pick or assign how they like, and because thats how the whole thing would work, there would be no arguments (at least less i would think)

MaximusEvil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingTrollNoob View Post
If I call mid, and first pick says "Sorry, first pick, I'm going mid" (Even though its very obvious that he is only saying that because, he also tried to call mid, but I beat him to it) Then that is fine. It says in the Summoners Code that you can't technicaly call roles.

But guess what? It also says I don't have to technicaly follow the meta. Enjoy having 2 mid.
I hate ap mid carry, and I rarely get forced to pick that role.

I forced myself to learn jungler/top/adc/support. As of now my jungling skills are meh, my top lane is good. My adc is not so good, its not my CS thats bad, its my positioning in temafights, cause I play 3s more, and generally go tanky/bruiser. Support is my best role. I love Taric/Sona. I was forced to play support in mostly every single game, so I just decided to learn the role, and found it very boring at times, but other times highly intresting.

Hoizengerd

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingTrollNoob View Post

But guess what? It also says I don't have to technicaly follow the meta. Enjoy having 2 mid.
you are completely twisting what the summoners code says, and being a dick is against the code so...

Haen

10-28-2012

I kinda want to bookmark this post so in a month when he posts about how he is in ELO hell and his team is all a bunch of n00bs I can link to it and say, this, this is why you're in ELO hell.

You know where I win the most ranked games? As last pick because I will play the role the team needs to win. If that means I'm support 3 straight games, so be it.