Calling Roles > Pick Order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeedingTrollNoob

10-27-2012

If I call mid, and first pick says "Sorry, first pick, I'm going mid" (Even though its very obvious that he is only saying that because, he also tried to call mid, but I beat him to it) Then that is fine. It says in the Summoners Code that you can't technicaly call roles.

But guess what? It also says I don't have to technicaly follow the meta. Enjoy having 2 mid.

Noshamwow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Dont Solo Q if you want a particular role.

TMoneyz13

10-27-2012

This is why I get banned cause ogre people like u make me rage

Niiko The Goat

10-27-2012

Discussing and choosing roles as a team>everything

Pandulo

10-27-2012

If it is "who call first" is just who entered first at the lobby/can type faster, if it is in order its about who has more elo, that it makes obviously more sense. Idk why people cant be logical.

Call Me Finesse

10-27-2012

Yeah but no, my computer lags some so when i'm the last person to join lobby and i'm first pick but everyone called a role besides support i'm not stuck supporting. Respect pick order, and learn a few roles, it makes it alot easier for everyone.

LessHerpMoreDerp

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandulo View Post
If it is "who call first" is just who entered first at the lobby/can type faster, if it is in order its about who has more elo, that it makes obviously more sense. Idk why people cant be logical.
''the one that has more elo'' okay, lets talk about this
1 guy has been playing ranked for over a year, is around 1100 elo, and gets below a player that's new to ranked, has 5 ranked games played, all lost, all as carry's and all with **** scores (kills, deaths, CS).
and this new player uses THAT argument to choose before a more experienced player.. see the problem? + not to even mention, when you get in the qeue with certain people, the elo difference isn't much, which means that they should be all equally good, it's not a freaking 200 elo difference pro spot in qeue!

okay, and i know that you cant see communicating skills or map awarness skills in stats you find on lolking but those stats can still tell you a lot about that player.

+ pick order only creates people who are going ******bag style when they lost the calling for a role. imo, if you are great enough to switch when the other keeps presisting on a role, you'll just take the leftover role.

t0ad5

10-27-2012

I typically paste something to the effect:
playing as available per position of pick, in order: mid jungle top adc

Most usually I work with the team and give up a spot, but occasionally I mid when I have the chance.

The person who picks first has priority on pick (even though others may not like it, sorry, but literally they do have pick priority).

As the champ select progresses, in such case, one just has to suck it up (well, either that or *****, troll and act like a child) and do something else if what they "called" has been taken by the time they can choose. We call this in the adult world, being a "team player". I understand there is more than one way to be a team player, i.e. working with people who "call" something, but life isn't far.

If you aren't willing to work with people to win at champ select, before the game even starts, why bother playing ranked, or even draft mode for that matter?

b4ds

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessHerpMoreDerp View Post
''the one that has more elo'' okay, lets talk about this
1 guy has been playing ranked for over a year, is around 1100 elo, and gets below a player that's new to ranked, has 5 ranked games played, all lost, all as carry's and all with **** scores (kills, deaths, CS).
and this new player uses THAT argument to choose before a more experienced player.. see the problem? + not to even mention, when you get in the qeue with certain people, the elo difference isn't much, which means that they should be all equally good, it's not a freaking 200 elo difference pro spot in qeue!

okay, and i know that you cant see communicating skills or map awarness skills in stats you find on lolking but those stats can still tell you a lot about that player.

+ pick order only creates people who are going ******bag style when they lost the calling for a role. imo, if you are great enough to switch when the other keeps presisting on a role, you'll just take the leftover role.
so the more experienced player that should be able to play any role should limit himself to 1 role because he is too prideful? sorry but if everyone on the team is willing to defer to the next person, people will play their best or second best roles every game and will win because they arent being a cancer

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingTrollNoob View Post
If I call mid, and first pick says "Sorry, first pick, I'm going mid" (Even though its very obvious that he is only saying that because, he also tried to call mid, but I beat him to it) Then that is fine. It says in the Summoners Code that you can't technicaly call roles.

But guess what? It also says I don't have to technicaly follow the meta. Enjoy having 2 mid.
Do you believe that sending two AP carries mid is a winning strategy?