Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nasus, Fiora, and Xin Zhao in Tournaments??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Logan Richardson

10-27-2012

Hey. I never see these champions picked in pro matches anymore. Can someone tell me why that is??? Like why they arent viable picks as to others?

Kelhan

10-27-2012

Xin Zhao was picked by M5 numerous times.

Juh Tuh

10-27-2012

buddy of mine (plat player) plays fiora all the time in his tournaments.

Yasubro

10-27-2012

No matter how much farm nasus gets he still wont be as good as other picks.

Bullettime7

10-27-2012

They're too easy to counter.

In Fiora's case, being a melee carry is dangerous due to the plethora of CC and such out there now. It's why you don't see Tryndamere, Master Yi, or Carryplank (his original role) because of that.

For Nasus, he's way too easy to counter top lane with the new direction of top and the champions that go up there. Most champions can harass him out of lane with better sustain (sad isn't it?) while he has no early trading power due to having to farm up his Q. His Spirit Fire's mana is very high as well. It's supposed to all be balanced around him being basically a god late game, but when you can barely contribute to team fights or anything until you get that strong, the outcome is typically determined by that point.

XElement

10-27-2012

Over 100 champions.
We are bound to not see a few...

I don't recall seeing a Mordekaiser. A viktor. A trundle. An Udyr. A karma. Rumble. Fizz. Galio
BLAH BLAH BLAH. Point is, there are over 100 champions, we are not going to see quite a few of them.

Hype Algerian

10-27-2012

Fiora and Xin Zhao: I've seen M5 pick them both at major tournaments. While they don't pick Fiora as often, Xin Zhao is one of their staple picks.

Nasus: Nobody likes him in tourneys XD

ton0907

10-27-2012

its because there are better picks than them

Redeemed Rivên

10-27-2012

Nasus needs an hour+ game for him to be doing better than other late game top laners (Jax and Irelia) but Jax and Irelia don't have as hard of a time in lane as him, plus most games are decided well before that point.

Goshdarnit

10-27-2012

Nasus is too balanced around his god-mode late game to be viable in a tourney. Teams of good players know that they need to keep him from farming and they will. In addition to the rediculous new champions that destroy him early game, the junglers keep getting better and better at ganking.

I've had better luck jungling with him or using him in a 2v1 lane than sending him top against pretty much everyone.