Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Stop going ap kat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Dildac

10-02-2010

Please someone tell the those few still playing AP kat that her AP ratios are trash and that AD provides a powerful multi-target nuke and a bangin' ult.

EDIT: i probably should of clarified this but im talking in terms of playing in Ranked where you are there to win not to say that AP kat ain't fun but it just don't cut it in competitive gameplay.

Profanity Filter

10-02-2010

Rylai, zhonya and easier access to magic pen.

Also wrong part of forum, this would go in general.

Archalleus

10-02-2010

I personally play AD Kat but it just depends on the player. Don't criticize someones build if it works for them. AP Kat is much cheaper to build and with Rylais your ult has a slow which is very useful.

Captain Dildac

10-02-2010

Meh the math has already been done on the pros/cons of AP/AD kat I cant remember which forum/thread it was under(ill post if i can find) but the basic jist of it was that AD outshined AP kat by alot in terms of Damage output(yes that includes magic pen) and team utility. Also, getting a Rylai's is a good idea even if your going AD but to be honest if your a good kat you will initiate in such a way that you wont need its slow.

Leirkov

10-02-2010

AD does more damage.

AD can push towers, AP cannot.

gg ap kat

Captain Dildac

10-02-2010

Quote:
Profanity Filter:
Rylai, zhonya and easier access to magic pen.

Also wrong part of forum, this would go in general.

Were discussing a build for a champ and im also letting people know that they are wasting there time with the AP kat build if your trying to WIN games not play your fun build that may only work in normal or against noobs. how is this general when its blatantly about building/play style.

Its HoBBiT

10-02-2010

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
if you're trying to win games, you'd probably be playing fortune and not kat.

if you're going to play kat, ad fails if the other team buys magic resist and/or has cc. so, if you're in solo queue at low levels, by all means play ad kat. otherwise, you're better off with another champion.

how does AD fail if they are buying magic res?

Carados

10-02-2010

Quote:
Its HoBBiT:
how does AD fail if they are buying magic res?

BECAUSE ONLY AP CAN BUY MAGIC PENETRATION!:downs:

Husstler

10-03-2010

Like someone else mentioned: if you pick first, no doubt the other team will choose a champion with good CC to counter her... but even if you pick her last, they'll probably already have several anyway.
Kat probably shouldn't be used in rank games, regardless of AP or AD.

Kamirga

10-03-2010

AD kat is more damage per gold

AP is much more utility

Both should buy void staff if they start stacking magic resist

AP is a 1 trick pony, your ult rapes people but if its interrupted all you really have is shunpo(unless you buy lichbane i guess)

AD has a killer ult, great harass with BB, and can still auto attack for decent damage if ult is interrupted

They are both viable styles of play, I play AD kat but some people can't play kat well as AD and are much better as AP

to each his own