@Hippalus Harrowing/Shadow Isle Skin Bundles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkside66

10-27-2012

It seems to me that the Harrowing/Shadow Isle skins would be prime candidates for a bundle option, and I'm sure the idea was bounced around. Why wasn't it acted upon? Just curious.

Edit: Also, opening up the idea of "trading" skins opened up a whole new industry on general discussion lol. Would have kept that quiet till a in client option was available. Just a side note

Darkside66

10-27-2012

bump

Darkside66

10-27-2012

bump

Darkside66

10-27-2012

bump

Saah

10-27-2012

Well, it'd be too late to act on the bundle thing now, and i don't think it would've been a good idea. I only wanted 4 of the skins, not all 6, as i do not play Hecarim or Ryze. Meaning i'd have to pay slightly more to save overall money for skins for champs i don't want. It would be understandable if there were a skin bundle for Shadow Isles, and then Harrowing, but i'd still have to debate whether or not i'd want that one extra skin.

And talking about trading skins, you need 2k upvotes to have a successful trade, and i believe the reason they won't introduce it into the game is 1: less money spent, 2: Would probably be a hassle getting something like that into the game. The reason less money is spent is people will have champions to them like how Kennen or Lulu to me. I bought them and bought skin(s) for them, but i no longer play them. With this new feature in for anyone to trade skins, Player B has no reason to purchase Arctic Ops Kennen. He can go ahead and trade me Pentakill Olaf, for example. Mind you that this trade would never actually occur as i find the olaf skin to be more valued than the Kennen skin, but still. It eliminates the need for two additional skins to be bought from players, which lowers the total revenue RIOT Gaming is making by $15. Now imagine across the entire playerbase, that's a lot of lost money for a feature they would probably spend at least a year working on. Not a good trade-off for them.

0Mace0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

If its skin for skin, Riot wouldn't be losing anything since both skins were initially purchased and assuming both the skins values were the same then it wouldn't be any different had they been bought by the 2 summoners in the first place...

Darkside66

10-27-2012

I know it would be too late for the bundle, and the option for buying them seperately would obviously still be present. As far as the trading skins in the future, it would only be for discontinued skins (or at least thats what I've been led to believe based on what I've read).

Saah

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Mace0 View Post
If its skin for skin, Riot wouldn't be losing anything since both skins were initially purchased and assuming both the skins values were the same then it wouldn't be any different had they been bought by the 2 summoners in the first place...
What i'm saying is, is:

Player A has Arctic Ops Kennen already.
Player B has Pentakill Olaf.

They ALREADY have the skins. However, Player A wants Pentakill Olaf and Player B would be willing to trade it for Arctic Ops Kennen. Trade ensues. NOW:

Player A has Pentakill Olaf.
Player B has Arctic Ops Kennen.

We're on the same understanding of the above concept, right?

What RIOT wants:

Player A has Arctic Ops Kennen.
Player B has Pentakill Olaf.

Player A wants Pentakill Olaf, he need to purchase it. Player B wants Arctic Ops Kennen, he needs to purchase it.

Two new purchases, each 975RP each, means roughly about $14~ revenue.

If they allowed the players to trade, that's $14~ they would not have right now.

Darkside66

10-27-2012

bump

0Mace0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Touche good sir, didnt think about that...