Post-DD77 Power Rankings

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golly

10-06-2013

So, with Adori MIA, I was asked to do the new Power Rankings for Dominion. As tempted as I was to list SBT as #1-#8 with no one else present, I tried to give this my most honest and thoughtful approach.

#1 - Clueless

Regardless of taking a loss to SBT this week, It would be impossible to say anyone but Clueless still deserves the #1 spot. Taking down 3v3gg in the semi-finals and keeping the games in finals really close even without their main roster is proof they still belong here. They should be expected to make it to finals every week, and with Sauron and TAEU in the lineup, it would be an upset if any other team were to take 1st.

#2 - Cheese Enema

Jeez, it is really hard to write this, especially since SBT took 1st this week. If I was swayed by my personal bias, it could easily be SBT in the #2 spot this week. But if honesty were to prevail, we have to conclude that Cheese is still the #2 team in DD right now. And considering the only reason they didn't go to the finals series this week was because of a DQ, if they have their roster issues resolved including Wawix and Sifu, they still belong here. Hopefully they will bring back their A game next week with a full (legal) roster.

#3 - Sofanda Bare Tibbers

I'm just going to take a moment here and brag on my team a little bit. After an EXTREMELY close series with Clueless, SBT won. It marks SBT's first DD win, and probably not the last. They advanced to finals, however, on the heels of a Cheese forfeiture after losing a pretty close game. This simply proves that among this weeks top 3, any team can take a game or series from any team. Hopefully this week indicates better things to come for SBT as the frequent roster changes of the past settle down. I really wanted to put SBT at #2, and I think they are there in spirit. (#1 always in my heart)

Special thanks goes out to Armed Weasel who played Talon amazingly well in our desired team comp. To Northpaw who pulled a target ban game three and proved Liss top actually belongs in competitive team comps. To Nyx, who showed us how a strong bot lane can swing games. And lastly to Genericke who has built the team from the ground up, giving the highest and lowest of Elo players a shot on the team to find out who feels right. Working extremely hard building a team comp we felt confident in bringing to Clueless, and for pulling ****ing 60k damage in the finals. Way to carry

#4 - 3v3gg

Now that they pulled floating PECS members into their roster, this team feels way more solid. And it's difficult to actually predict where this team will land simply because of the swings in roster. If this week had ended up with SBT doing worse, it would make the #4 position more difficult to comfortably call.

If they keep playing together and can solidify their roster, it can only mean good things. I predict more finals games from this team in the future, and possibly a win if they can land a stable 5.

#5/#6 - Amputease/LPO

Because these teams rarely see each other in DD and they both frequently make a game of whomever they are playing, it's almost impossible to say which team belongs where. If it was strictly on past DD tournaments, the #5 spot would go to Amputease. But I couldn't accurately predict who would win a bo5 series between these 2 teams.

And honestly, any improvement by either could swing them up to take games off the top teams. This weeks #5 and #6 teams win the "most-likely-to-cause-future-upsets".

#7 - Team Murka Murka

TMM is in a very difficult position in the DD bracket. Being the 8/9 seed means you are guaranteed to play #1 team in the 2nd round. Their best bet is to keep playing every week, and on a week where one or more of the other teams happen to be absent, increase their seed.

After playing on a team that was stuck in this seed for so long, I feel their pain. But if they keep playing and stay together, they could take games and series off the the teams higher ranked.

#8 - ?

Notable absences this week is obviously PECS again. The rumor mill is rolling that the team has disbanded, but honestly because this is DD, they could show up again and be in contention for the lulz.

VoDs for the tournament:

Main: Part 1, Part 2

Fancy's B stream (including after-party): Here

PracticeYellow

10-06-2013

Much respect for the honesty you put into making this and for doing your absolute best to not bias the rankings.

molokodude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2013

Link the n'sync peasent

Golly

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracticeYellow View Post
Much respect for the honesty you put into making this and for doing your absolute best to not bias the rankings.
Haha, maybe #3 overall. But this week... We are #1.

Wawix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2013

This week you are frauds. #RIGGEDDOMINION

KaWraith

10-06-2013

Nice job Golly.

I think this worked out well for DD in general, in the future, SBT has some big expectations to live up to, Cheese has some earnest vengeance to seek, and Clueless got some crow to keep them humble. When things are too stale it gets boring... PECS' apparent departure means a lot of new possibilities have arisen, and every week is exciting.

Allea

10-06-2013

I think it's a good thing that we see different teams taking number 1 and stuff. By the way, I approve of this thread.

Koravel

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawix View Post
There is no way on earth SBT is responsible for what happened to Cheese. Take your complaints to the admins.

WilliamSwiftfoot

10-06-2013

Nicely done Golly ^^. Here's hoping DDM can maybe sneak into that 8th spot comign into November :P.

Golly

10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawix View Post
Ok, I'm going to assume you are just trolling.

But in case you aren't, I have a couple things to say.

We knew we didn't earn our way going into the finals. We weren't happy about going into it with Cheese being DQ'd. We knew we had to play our asses off in the finals if people weren't going to blow up this thing into a big issue... but you seem hell-bent on doing so anyway.

We may have not earned our way into the finals, but we sure as **** earned our victory over Clueless. It wasn't easy for us. We played like we were there to win and we did.

You may be unhappy that we advanced on a technicality, but that doesn't make us frauds. We earned the W and honestly, I don't feel like we couldn't do it again.

12345 ... 10