Blackfire torch should not work with certain abilities.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boagster

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoizengerd View Post
you people keep saying the damage is halved but it sure doesn't seem so, wouldn't be the first time that an item works the wrong way

ok here's the issue

"If the debuff was initially the result of a single target spell, an AoE spell will refresh it but the debuff's effect will not be halved."

that's form the lol wiki, so it is a glitch of sorts, as for how it performs i think you're forgetting that this isn't the only item they would build, there's no point in saying x item would be better, cause you don't build just one item, it's this item on top of everything else!! Singed will build this and Rylais, & RoA, i mean, you're ****ed dude, the damage he does is big, and even more so with the glitch

and the items tick is refreshed with each tick from a DoT as well, so it does end up doing more damage in the end, unlike how someone said that it doesn't
I'm speaking solely about Blackfire Torch's interaction with Singed here, as this is the only one I've researched.

The issue here is that Singed would have been better off building RoA / Rylai's / Wooglet's, or RoA / Rylai's / Zhonya's. RoA / Rylai's / Abyssal would do less damage, but make him tankier. RoA / Wooglet's / Void Staff would shred through anyone building MR. RoA / Wooglet's / Zhonya's would be godly, as far as damage is concerned, without sacrificing too much tankiness. Rylai's / Wooglet's / Zhonya's wouldn't be too far behind that, with the added utility of Rylai's 15% slow. If you take a look at the numbers I ran, you'll see that it's an underpowered item on his Poison Trail. Blackfire Torch is really a niche item for him, something you only build when someone with 4000+ HP is giving you problems. Think how often that will happen on the new TT.

Also, the only time that the bug you mentioned would take effect with Singed is if he throws someone before hitting them with his poison trail or if someone else on your team (who also has Blackfire Torch) hit the target with a single-target spell before Singed got to them.

EDIT: Even if it doesn't do half damage like it's supposed to, Wooglet's still performs better than it when your opponent's HP is below ~1350, plus the added utility of +10% MS and +25% AP. That's still more than half most champion's health for the majority of a TT match.

Jushiiro

10-28-2012

When you realize it is only 5% CURRENT hp OVER 3 seconds,

it doesn't scale, and it doesn't have a minimum damage.

How is this op on anyone even remotely?

Fat of the Land

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

All skills mentioned in this thread are AoE and have halved effect. Also as another commenter mentioned the damage is a percentage of CURRENT health.

ie. 0.8333% of current health per second
at 3K this equals 25 damage per second
2.5K = 21 damage per second
2K = 17 damage per second
1K = 8 damage per second

this is "burst" to you? A target would need over 4800 health for Blackfires passive to deal more damage than a Sunfire Cape (read: never).

Boagster

10-28-2012

I've actually been thinking. It does 5% / 2.5% over 3 seconds. Does this damage tick off each second after it applies (meaning 3 ticks for 1.666% / 0.833%) or does it hit when it's applied and each second after (meaning 4 ticks for 1.250% / 0.625%)? Is the damage recalculated each time it ticks (I assume it does, but with no evidence either way)?

SpiffmeisterZ

10-28-2012

This one time... On Twisted Treeline... I built a Negatron Cloak... Just saying.

It's strong. But what of the new items isn't? Just grab yourself one of MANY sustain item options you have, especially the beautiful new sword of almost never die, and do % life damage and get healed for it on top of a BEAUTIFUL active ability.

Why is everyone everywhere so over dramatic about everything? Is it useful? Is it strong? Build one and be happy, or build some defense and make them sad.

Naokazu

10-28-2012

The only thing I dislike about this in conjunction with DoT effects is that it is refreshed every time the DoT deals damage opposed to only when it is applied/reapplied. If this were changed it and Rylai's could be altered to apply full effect on DoT spells.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
5% of current health that doesn't even stack, that's 1.6% of your current health per second.

It's like they wanted to make a caster version of MBR but did a s***ty job.
0.8% of CURRENT health in MAGIC, not true, damage for AoE.
And people think it's OP.