Which of these ideas do you like?

New maps/game styles 17 70.83%
Re-releasing old content 5 20.83%
Achievements 13 54.17%
Summoner Spells 8 33.33%
Custom LoL T-Shirts 5 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

5 Ways to improve League of Legends (very long)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dahragon

11-02-2012

I agree Whole Heartedly with the addition of new maps.
I used to play a game called Demigod, Made by Stardock. Its a DOta Like game like Lol. Didn't have many Champs, but it had a large number of maps, and it was fun as hell. It ultimately failed due to a failed marketing strategy that ended up with 90% of its user base pirating the game, and ultimately ending in the Dev team only releasing one update, leaving the game unfinished and unpopulated.
What I liked most about the game was the different environments you could do battle in. Though each had a similar goal, each required different strategies, and it kept the game fresh and entertaining. I wish LoL had more maps for this reason.
Its like every new map is a whole new game.
Additionally, I wish they would bring back the old twisted treeline and Winter Summoners rift for custom at least.

As for old content such as skins, im rather uninterested in it, thouhg i wish they would allow some of the Chinese skins to be sold in North America.

Achievements are homosexual.

The summoner spells do need reballanecing, especially promote.
Its issue is that its not useful late game.
If I could promote super minions, Id take it over flash.
Ghost feels just right for me. maybe make it 1 second longer.
I like to play Anivia and Twitch. Slow Champs. The speed boost can be way more usefull then flash if you dont run 1000 feet a second

Im neutral on T-shirts. I wouldnt buy them, but i know some would. Its a good way to make extra cash though. Im ok with this as long as it take away from active development.

Shargun

11-02-2012

Idlock, I'll do my best to make a system that doesn't compromise the use of flash.

Dahragon, thanks for the review, I chose some of these ideas because they were useful to some and whilst they might not be favoured by others, they aren't counterproductive. I say that in regards to the acheivements and T-Shirts.

The stats on promote would have to be compromised if it could promote super minions which would then make it almost useless early-mid game so you would have to find a compromise which I am currently not sure of at the moment.
Ghost's problem in my opinion is that it's too easily contered by crowd control, unlike its "superior" counterpart flash. That's why I wanted the stealth, to juke enemies for just long enough and other stat modifiers are completely negotiable.

Shargun

11-07-2012

Hey guys, I am very happy that we have obtained over 1,000 views on the forum but only twelve people (including me) have voted on the poll and only 4 people other than me have commented. I would really like/appreciate more input from those reading this thread thanks.

Shargun

11-07-2012

I've just read the patch update and they've announced nerfs to flash and ignite plus buffs to the other spells, so we've done a good job then. That's one idea that shows the League's commitment to people's ideas, even though I probably wasn't the first person to make those decisions about those summoner spells.

Hakobo

11-07-2012

Hey, for everyone saying there should be new maps...

I want a map just as much as everyone else, but Morello's explanation of why there won't ever be a new 5v5 map like SR, it'll simply hurt the game more than it will help... and Xypherous does a great job explaining Morello's points in this thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2449093

Really, I want a map, but they are right.

At least we can look forward to maps for different game modes.

Shargun

11-22-2012

Sorry for not responding sooner, my account stuffed up on the forums (it said I couldn't access the forums but I wasn't banned) and whilst I accept the concepts proposed about ranked authenticity, I think there is a big difference between sports and e Sports. In sports, you only have one arena/field to use for everything because it costs lots of money to create new styles and it creates a hassle as to which one is the most viable/only option for professional games. In League of Legends, there is no argument between which game style to choose for ranked because it is only summoner's rift. It is just in the context of making a competitive game that you need to find a good mix of competitiveness and gameplay. League of Legends has too much competitiveness in it and is missing out on a crucial component of gamers because of it and whilst there are other ways to adjust the balance, maps are the best method of doing so.

I am fine with there not being another 5v5 map but I would like things like 1v1v1v1 or 10v10 etc because I think it is pretty easy to get bored of summoner's rift in the end.

JJ Unbreakable

11-22-2012

1 -> 4: They're working on it.
5: Get a LoL polo. Write your name on it. If you really want a customised shirt, get your name printed on it.

Shargun

11-22-2012

I don't actually know if they're working on number 1, after the amount of criticism it has received, they did fix number 4 a fair bit. 3 I don't know completely whether they are working on it and number 2 I don't actually think they are doing at the moment. I take your point with number 5 though, these ideas int he forum post are all just ideas I liked.

Yurippe

11-23-2012

For achievements, I think getting pentakills would be quite easy if you just tell the other team you're trying to get an achievement and that you would give them honor if they let you get a pentakill.

Shargun

11-24-2012

well, if people set up games, they can just get caught by Riot looking at the match when someone complains about the janna pentakill and these are all suggestions anyway, there are other options to use.