League is becoming a safe haven for immature troll kids.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ima Cut U Up

10-08-2012

It's way too easy to troll this game. Go in picks, pick a position somebody else has picked, severely piss of multiple people. The troll/griefer wins every time.

It's like left 4 dead 2 all over again. People come in, jump off a cliff and ruin the game for 7 other people. Well in l4d2 you can reset the map with a vote.

League of Legends needs a votekick feature in lobbies. (I know this is not my idea, I read it on another post) but it needs to happen. This way you can kick griefers before the game starts, get a replacement and repick, or the vote could simply be to disband the game, so if one team votes 3 or more to redo, lobby resets. You can prevent a lot of grief with this simple feature.

I see more and more of these griefer trolls lately, it will make it so you have a chance to avoid games with people who you just don't want to play with for whatever reason.

I'm writing this because of my 30 minute dodge cooldown because I picked Janna first then the guy below me said I'm a troll and picked soraka and then the rest of my team all picked supports. Then he goes on about how he's going to report me for trolling... Guys name was Cannibal with character map letters. I wait till the last second and NOBODY DODGED. How is this fair to me? Something needs to be done please.

SchiefSalmon

10-10-2012

In your example, your team was against you, you would have been the one votekicked.
That's my main problem with trying to implement such a system, people will kick you over any choice they disagree with.
"Omfg ****ing ****** jungling without smite" = votekicked
"Omggg blitz support u ****ing troll" = votekicked

It'd also be abused to queue dodge if the enemy team counters you.

I can see why it seems like a good idea but it would cause more grief then it prevents...

ACGIFT

10-11-2012

It couldn't really be used to get a free queue-dodge, since after all, ALL FOUR PEOPLE would have to agree that the fifth person was the one at offense. (naturally, this option would not be available to people in a 3/4-player premade team)

I don't think it'd cause more grief than it presents. After all, it's widely stated that the #1 source of grief in the game is currently trolls in champion select; just look at this forum, and you'll see a minimum of a half-dozen complaints related to this on each and every page. It's clear that it's a problem that's horrifically out-of-control, and starting to truly ruin the game experiences for countless players. So even if there were some people that managed to be lucky enough to get a chance to abuse it, it would be FAR outweighed by what it'd fix.

danwilson

10-21-2012

I think pregame reporting would be a better system... while it wouldn't fix the game you play, it would allow Riot to gather information about players who routinely cause problems to identify them... then matchmake them with each other to prevent griefers from wrecking non-trolls games...

Pregame role selection would help too, as in your situation, if you'd chosen a support role to play Janna, you'd not have been matched with people with a "support or troll" attitude.

davesmack

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchiefSalmon View Post

"Omfg ****ing ****** jungling without smite" = votekicked
"Omggg blitz support u ****ing troll" = votekicked
Jungling without smite is retarded and I would kick someone for it in a heartbeat. Only noobs think that just because you don't need smite to do your first clear on time, you don't need it period. It is necessary endgame to prevent baron/dragon/buff steals. Junglers need it because your team needs it. End of story.

Blitz is probably one of the most OP supports right now, why anyone would think you're trolling for picking him is beyond me.

Do you even LoL?

seleleth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Riot could have solved this issue with with something like this idea:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1788640

But instead they implemented Honor and accomplished nothing.

Lucking Fegend

11-24-2012

Some people in this thread has already pointed out blatant flaws with your suggestion to remove these trolls.

Also, have you ever considered that there will always be trolls? Sometimes you don't find out that someone will troll until the game starts. Prevention by early detection in the lobby isn't the right solution. You should learn to deal with it.