Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Rune Field - A 3 Team Map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Petyr Baelish

11-18-2012

Choosing to fight a 3v6 is a bad decision for whichever team is worse off after the 3v6 becomes a 3v3. Therefore if they are intelligent, they will abandon their teammates to backdoor during a team fight. If they are not intelligent, it is a competition between the players on the other teams to manipulate them through all chat into allying with them, and killing the third man out. The guy getting 3v6'd will tell the Mr. Ignorant if he drops out, he can backdoor his allies after they have been aced. And all will be, to quote Rammus, OK.

Osprii

11-18-2012

You are deep, Petyr.

Like a well, full of pudding and rice crispy treats.

Falstar

11-18-2012

3 Lanes, 1 lane in between each nexus. means each team will need 2 laners and 1 jungler. In the middle of the map is a jungle, on the outside of the lanes is another jungle. Huge monster in the center similar to baron. In total there will be 4 jungles basically, since the 3 lanes share the middle jungle.

Yordle Swordler

11-19-2012

I would Love a 3 teams map and i easy bump this, maybe make 4 players teams would be nice too? Assuming that there would be a jungle so that each team would have to get a jungler a double lane (carry supp) and a solo lane. That way all champions would be usefull not only bruisers

+1

SweederDerToten

11-19-2012

Penta-bump

Petyr Baelish

11-19-2012

As I said, there is jungle, but not enough for 3 junglers, so a support/carry lane is viable, but not necessary. Having 4 player teams would mean 1 player is guaranteed to be missing out on gold.

Petyr Baelish

01-08-2013

Permabump

ploki122

01-09-2013

The biggest problem I see with 3-team maps is that there is absolutely no incentives to attack... I'd have to retrieve my complete explanation of why, but basically, if a team attacks, he will end up the most vulnerable, the one attacked being close second (no matter what the fight looks like, even 1v5), and the one team who did absolutely nothings ends up at the top 95% of the times...

The best way to fix that is to have very low ambient gold with increased champion kill rewards (more base gold, bigger spree rewards). But that would leads into 1 team snowballing hard (the only way to come back is to slingshot-kill that team, who is stronger because she killed you multiple times).

Petyr Baelish

01-09-2013

There is no incentive to fight on an enemy's terms, but there is definitely an incentive to play aggressively. I would give increased rewards for killing structures, 300 or so gold for each team member, to make pushing more attractive. When the enemy team pushes tower, you can defend and fight on your terms, and likely win. Meanwhile, the third team gets it easy, and can push against the attackers.

I see the meta being two bruisers that are good at holding towers, and one squishy assassin who roams and baits enemies.

Nezuki

01-09-2013

imma be that one guy who goes against the grain here and says no...
MY reasoning is i vote for a 4 team map, with 3-5 champs per team. i have attached a file of what the map would look like, and it will be referenced from here

note that there are 4 teams, and 4 sections of the jungle, each section would only have one buff, like red OR blue. this would encourage your jungle to fight against other jungles to gain dominance over the jungle, and earn the buff. also, note that each team has a lane leading to another, this is to make it harder to get that 6v3 you guys mentioned. as for super minions, let us say that purple attacks black, and brings down the inhibitor, then purple team would spawn super minions that would head down the lane leading to black. the sharp eyed will also spot that the middle lanes are longer, and lead you through the other two teams, to reach the opposite side. this encourages your team to bring down one side or the other, example would be white team destroying blue and purple first, before going after black. when a nexus is destroyed, the team that destroyed it gets a small gold bonus(100-200g) and the nexus explodes if blue loses its base to white, then blue would spawn white minions, and blue would be sent to spectator mode with an option to leave and gain your ip/exp.

sorry bout the wall...i started typing something short, and it just kept going and going.