Reconnect to game screen stuck

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BB Raistlin

10-26-2012

Earlier today I went to join a ranked game and as everyone was accepting it got stuck on the tenth person and hung on that screen for a bit. After that it kicked to the home screen so I clicked PLAY. An error message popped up and said i was already assigned to a game and couldn't join a new one. After this I logged out and when i logged back in it took me to the reconnect to game screen. When i click reconnect nothing happens and after logging in and out about 5 times since over the course of an hour it is still taking me to the reconnect screen. I would really like to play tonight so if someone could help solve this issue i would greatly appreciate it.

Oniichan

10-26-2012

I'm having the same issue right now. The same exact thing happened.

Zaph94

10-26-2012

Yeah, as am I. Spent an unusually long time in match-making for unranked solo, finally found a game, a bunch of people accepted (8 or so) then the client froze on that screen (didn't make it into champion select). Restarted client, game reconnect button greys out upon click.

PRESTODYNAMO

10-26-2012

bump, and yes im having the same issues as well, when i dc it does not take me back to base, and i restarted lol client and defraged my comp, my internet connection was perfect 30mb down and 3 up with perfect ping during the dc, im seeing alot of reports of this and hope riot takes care of it with haste

BB Raistlin

10-26-2012

Hello. Just checking to see if there is any update?

Oniichan

10-26-2012

I just posted this in another thread but I think I found a way to fix it. Watched a video about how to reconnect to a game without the pvp client open. and did the following.

1. Navigate to your League of Legends install directory and make sure you have the PvP client open and you have not hit reconnect and it is not grayed out.
2. open League of Legends>RADS>solutions>lol_game_client_sln>release s>(latest release)>deploy
3. Click the "League of Legends.exe" (Should show the splash screen and close)
4. Now click the reconnect button, a message should appear saying the game is no longer in progress and return you to the main page.

Note: If it doesnt work, try launching the .exe without the pvp client open. then launching it. I was just fiddling around with it and it worked. Hope this helps

TimeI3andiit

10-27-2012

just click settings and hit repair..it takes some time about 20 mins but it works..problem is resolved

buttpinner

10-27-2012

where do you find those settings??

NANDflasher

10-27-2012

I have tried Oniichan's solution, as well as "repairing" from the client launcher, but neither works for me.

Maybe in time it will fix itself?...

buttpinner

10-27-2012

it fixed itself for me after about 2 hrs