Elise build guid (Hybrid)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ecclesian

10-26-2012

I have been playing the **** out of Elise trying all kinds of builds in all kinds of matches and here is what I have found.

*Note
Each summoner has their own play style and attitude towards the game. This may not work for you and nor does it work for me every single game.

Boots of swiftness- Good for chacing and escape. Even with the mega leap, the enemy champs can sometimes be just out of range and or be faster than you and get away. Boots of swiftness helps alot with this. Also helps with moving around the mao quickly.

Cooldown boots- These are best I believe as they allow Elise to spam through her abilities and change forms quickly.

Gunablade- This works very well mid game to help slow those fast champs and gives great healing. In addition to the healing and the slow, the extra AP and AD are perfect for this Hybrid build style. I suggest going revolver first after boots, then cutless. You want ap early on but then want to phase into ATT SPD and HP. I strongly suggest putting this item in your #5 slot as it makes it easier to click.

Nashors- This is what I build next. Even more ability power makes Elise very DPS mid game befoe everyone starts getting MR. The ATT SPD works wonders with the life steal from Gunblade. Furthermore, the cooldown adds even more DPS as you can change form and spam abilities very quickly.

Frozen- This is a muct late game. Late game is when champs will have their MR and MOV SPD so the CC rox and also helps for your team to catch up so you don't get face chacked by being kited into the bushes. Furthermore, phasing into HP will make drastically increase your life-span. The added ATT DMG is a minimal plus but also good.

Lastly, A support item is a really good idea as by this time the inhibs will be gone and the carries will be quite clear. It's always good to have support items late game as they can greatly increase the overall DPS of your team. For support items I strongly suggest these:
Zeke's- For more lifesteal and HP (use if not the carry)
Will of Ancients- For more cooldown and AP (use if carry)

Play style:

I like to Lv my W first and harrass the lane drawing in the jungle and keeping the enemy from getting good SC. After Lving my W 2 or 3 times, then max the Q as the enemy champs will have Hp items by now and so your Q will be more effective. E is obviously used for util and your R is always up-d when possible as it allows you to summon more spiders.

Poke and harrass with your W mostly useing your Q when possible. Don't push just to get Q shots off though. Use your W as your primary DPS when in the laning phase and only use your Q for aggressive ranged champs. Don't rely on your Q for DPS. Get 2 or 3 shots off to lower their HP a bit but constantly use your W for lane control.

When the enemy is low enough or is too agressive and pushes in, your W should be Lv-d and so you will have a huge ATT SPD advantage. Also, the enemy champ will be low on hp and so your Q will be of good use. W first then Q if they run. Afterwards, change forms and unload with all her human form abilities.

Using your E helps to confuse the enemy and bide time so you rteam mates can catch up to help you. Running into the bush for a counter ambush while the enemy is chasing you is very effective. Run in bush, stun, W first, then Q before the bomb hits them for shock DMG. After this combo, change forms and wrech them with your W then gor fo rthe kill with your Q, you may also have to change back into human form to unload your human frm kit to finish the kill.

E has it's obvious uses and so I will not explain it. However, don't dive unless they are at 5%-15% hp or else you will take to must DMG from the turret and risk yourself being ganked by their back-up.

Don't be afraid to KS from your support or tank allys but if you can, try not to take from the carry, unless you are carrying. The carry can always use more feed.

Main goals listed here for ease of access:
1- Poke and avoid DMG
2- Gank when safe to do so then run
3- Secure kills even if you have to KS (your team mates will get over it when you win)
4- AVOID DMG and try your best not to get into situation wher you solo or initiate.

Last tip- Think like a spider.

I am open to inteligable critisism and rebutle of my ideas and propositions.

You can even troll if you want to

Also, feel free to post your build ideas and success stories. Most of my success come from suprize attcking champ that already have low HP and also poking until my tanks initiate then jump on the squishy while they are distracted.

Love Poisonous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

What do you think about a Frozen Mallet about mid-late game? for survival and slow :P

Ecclesian

10-26-2012

Cuz that would ruin her ability to do damage for the rest of the game and she would be nothing but an assists champ that couldn't hold her own if caught 1v1 in the jungle.

This guide is only what works for me, which may not work for someone else.

What kinda builds have you personally seen siccess with?

Elodin

10-27-2012

AP, so far, has been working for me. Though I'm not sure if it's my team and the situations I find myself in or if it's the build. I haven't actually taken the time to really analyze a game yet. Anyway, what I'm looking to do is - Rush a RoA > Nashors > Abyssal/Zhonya depending on what is needed.

I'm still not sure about crystal scepter and although I wish I could afford to build a Rabbadons, I think it would leave her too squishy to be viable. I might try out the Hybrid build, i just think it might spread her too thin in terms of stats.

ArchlordCevic

10-27-2012

Right now ive been maining Ryalis and Wit's End on her. RoA also is really good

Sorkd

02-24-2013

I tend to go for Rylai's and Liandry's. After those, boots, and maybe a doran's or two (not in that order obviously) the game usually tapers to an end, however I've been playing around with maybe getting revolver in longer games (spiders heal quite a bit by themselves, and being able to heal yourself would be even sweeter).

Lately I'm really leaning more and more towards revolver, just haven't tried it out yet- on paper it's a perfect fit. You get the AP for your human initiate (I tend to wait for either Q and W to hit, then web and switch, or if they're already close to half I'll open with E, pop off a quick W Q and ult) and the AD for spider form (which syncs well with steroid), WHILE healing you, with yet another means of catching prey available.

Gonna try it next game, she seems made to be hybrid with a slight tendency towards AP.

ZachTheApathetic

02-24-2013

I've been wanting to try her out hybrid be have been hesitating becuase i've had so much success going ap bruiser.
I typically get glacial shroud or negatron cloak depending on my laning opponent. I'll finish into abysall or frozen heard depending on what is needed the most based on how the other team is doing.. I will then get rylais(starting with blasting wand first), then finish off the abysal or frozen i didn't finish.

After that it's situational. If we're ahead i'll get malady's. If we need more tank i'll get warmogs,ninja tabis/merc treads are situational as well.

I've tried to go mage on her but it wastes a lot of her spider form potential. She also isn't really that good for spamming either.