Why did Locodoco join a trash team like CLG???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Viktor BR

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit Bucket View Post
you can make the most money from winning tournaments

what is clg gonna win lol?
Not really...they make around $3 per 100 viewers each time they play a set of ads.

8000, let's say 20% use adblock 8000*.8=6400

6400/100= 64*3=$72, let's say 10% off taxes = $64.8 each time he plays a set of ads (3 ads)

Let's say he streams for 5 hours just for the sake of math and plays ads every 30minutes

5*2 = 10*64.8= $648.00.

Now that's just a barely realistic calculation. Because it doesn't take in consideration viewers from Countries/Regions where they don't get any ads played, or the amount of ads available to play during a certain time of day. But you can say anywhere from a low estimate of $300 to $650 just because he carries the CLG team member tag.

Edit: Btw, I wouldn't be so certain about they not winning anything this Season. Mostly because I really think the NA teams will actually work their asses off to get back as at least competitive teams in the world scenario (up to the Asian standard)

PatMcGroyne

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piroxzgton View Post
Not really...they make around $3 per 100 viewers each time they play a set of ads.

6400/100= 64*3=$72, let's say 10% off taxes = $64.8 each time he plays a set of ads (3 ads)

Let's say he streams for 5 hours just for the sake of math and plays ads every 30minutes

5*2 = 10*64.8= $648.00.

Now that's just a barely realistic calculation. Because it doesn't take in consideration viewers from Countries/Regions where they don't get any ads played, or the amount of ads available to play during a certain time of day. But you can say anywhere from a low estimate of $300 to $650 just because he carries the CLG team member tag.

Edit: Btw, I wouldn't be so certain about they not winning anything this Season. Mostly because I really think the NA teams will actually work their asses off to get back as at least competitive teams in the world scenario (up to the Asian standard)
$3/1000 views however usually when they play ads they play 3 at a time when they are starting and when they are finishing a game, so we realistically expect at a low estimate 6 ads per hour.

So we take your 6400 non-adblock viewers divide them by 1000 = 6.4

So you make 19.2 per ad played x 6 ads per hour = 115.2 per hour streaming

Again this is not counting ad "blackouts" however 6 per hour is a fairly conservative estimate. I was watching aphromoo the other day and he hit 9 ads in a row at well over 15k viewers. 9 x 3 x (15 x 0.8) = $324 in approximately 3 minutes (again going with your 20% number which might be way off).

Edit: I also think CLG is very talented and will do well in atleast the NA scene everyone keeps going on about how they are garbage but don't forget their competition did even worse than they did at the world finals W/L.

Best Viktor BR

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcGroyne View Post
$3/1000 views however usually when they play ads they play 3 at a time when they are starting and when they are finishing a game, so we realistically expect at a low estimate 6 ads per hour.

So we take your 6400 non-adblock viewers divide them by 1000 = 6.4

So you make 19.2 per ad played x 6 ads per hour = 115.2 per hour streaming

Again this is not counting ad "blackouts" however 6 per hour is a fairly conservative estimate. I was watching aphromoo the other day and he hit 9 ads in a row at well over 15k viewers. 9 x 3 x (15 x 0.8) = $324 in approximately 3 minutes (again going with your 20% number which might be way off).

Edit: I also think CLG is very talented and will do well in atleast the NA scene everyone keeps going on about how they are garbage but don't forget their competition did even worse than they did at the world finals W/L.

yeah the numbers could be higher or lower, that's why I get a low estimate of $300 and a high estimate of $650, which is pretty much resonable

Mjaxon

10-26-2012

Quote:
Hotshot's already talking about how if clg played the top 8 teams from the world championships, clg.na would win 50% of the time. There's almost 0 chance that clg.na will put in any practice time.

Antarctica

10-26-2012

because CLG has numerous pictures of him masterbating while streaming and is now blackmailing him

Kayleorfeed

10-26-2012

when you search his name first thing to come up is fap lmao

Ymwg

11-06-2012

Throwodoco is the reason CLG.NA lost to CLG.EU at MLG Dallas

Economicz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

the sad thing is he did worse than hotshotgg in the last tournament
why nunu why

Ymwg

11-06-2012

Quote:

5*2 = 10*64.8= $648.00.

Your assumptions are terrible. What you aren't factoring in is competition.
Each streamer has 0 competitive advantage. There's no customer stickiness. Any viewer/customer can just as easily click a link to switch streamers/channels so to speak.

So you have this effect where one big name shows up streaming (Toyz/Aphromoo) and sucks away the traffic from all the other top players streamers.

I would say 1300-1500 viewers is average for a top tier player.
Because there's always going to be that one guy (Toyz and Aphromoo are current flavors of the month) who is commanding the 12,000 ~ 16,000 viewers, and everyone else is going to get the scraps in terms of viewer traffic.