HotshotGG: IF we played any of the top 8 teams 50 times, we would win 25

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeartlessXiao

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershot View Post
Any of the top 8 teams 50 times.

8x50=400

25/400 = 6%, close enough.
|0.0625-0.05|/0.05 = 25% error

Not that close.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RabidLlama1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fèlix View Post
They're the best of the best. At that top level of play, this statement is really close to true. Every team has a chance of winning. When you play a team so many times, you'll understand their strategy/adapt to their play style.

When it does come game time, the winner of the match is who can adapt quicker.

If TSM played any of the top teams, they would win 50% of the time.
if Azubu Frost played any other team, they would win 50% of the time.
There can be a big skill difference between the best of the best. Pit the Miami Heat this year against the Charlotte Bobcats in an 100 game series, with both teams playing hard, Miami probably wins 80/100.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Ahris1Chalice View Post
because of their strategy they were the only na team to beat their opposers in a bo3 scenario.
snap, schoold, close thread, rage response.
Wat. It was a single cheese strat they bull****ted last minute because they didn't bother practicing. They beat another relatively bad team with it. Big whoop. None of the teams that made it out of the group stage would fall for their ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeartlessXiao

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Ahris1Chalice View Post
because of their strategy they were the only na team to beat their opposers in a bo3 scenario.
snap, schoold, close thread, rage response.
say, what? They won 1 game, not a bo3. That game came against the worst performing team at Finals. They also almost lost it, had it not been for their triple teleport cheese strat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PatMcGroyne

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessXiao View Post
The team they beat was also 0-3 at finals. Your point?
I don't think you realize how close the top teams are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaser676

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershot View Post
Any of the top 8 teams 50 times.

8x50=400

25/400 = 6%, close enough.
Syntax fail


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DEANGILLBERRY

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
Wat. It was a single cheese strat they bull****ted last minute because they didn't bother practicing. They beat another relatively bad team with it. Big whoop. None of the teams that made it out of the group stage would fall for their ****.
Strategy lead them to victory, still the only na team to beat the opossers in a matchup. Where was TSM's strat? DIG STRAT? WHAR B U?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeartlessXiao

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidLlama1 View Post
There can be a big skill difference between the best of the best. Pit the Miami Heat this year against the Charlotte Bobcats in an 100 game series, with both teams playing hard, Miami probably wins 80/100.
only 80/100? Considering the Bobcats broke the record for futility last season, I would pin them to win 5, maybe 10 of those games if they were lucky.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sup3rB4d

Member

10-26-2012

... do you guys honestly think this is far from truth? I think its closer to 60/40 with top asian teams and not 50/50, but to act like the statement is just completely off base is ignorance. CLG.NA wins 50% of games against CLG.EU and in Korea they were splitting games with most of the korean teams in scrims. I remember them specifically only getting stomped by one team (TPA) and even then it was like 70/30 if i recall correctly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DEANGILLBERRY

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessXiao View Post
say, what? They won 1 game, not a bo3. That game came against the worst performing team at Finals. They also almost lost it, had it not been for their triple teleport cheese strat.
hue still only na team


1234567 ... 10