Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

Personal observations on how items should be changed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

First of all I would like to ask that you do not up or down vote this post for a singular idea, just the overall idea. If you think any of these specifics are worth mentioning please make a voicing your agreement or disagreement with what I think. Also please remember, these changes are for balance so that people can actually take the mode more seriously.

So let me start by saying that I think a lot of dominions balance issues can be fixed by balancing items.
However it is a delicate balance and should be done with care.

First item I would like to bring up is Lord Van Damm's Pillager.
Please do not bring this item over, I know a lot of people talk about it being brought over and I understand why, I love that item but I honestly feel AD bruisers/casters are already the most important and prominent class in dominion. Yes I well balanced team can beat a team full of them, but they are the leading force in almost every game of dominion I play when they are there.

Next I would like to say that overlord's bloodmail is perfect and should be brought over.
However I believe if it is frozen mallet should be removed, it again is an item I love but I feel it is far to powerful an item, and the only item I hear getting consistantly bashed for being too strong.
Before I didn't want it to be removed dispite having entropy because it was one of the few good health items left. However with the introduction of a bloodmail alternative I think that it would be a mistake not to make these changes.

Next I will mention Wooglet's Witch Cap and simply say this would be great for dominion.

Next I'll mention blackfire torch, again please do not add. I feel this item is a great bonus for many tanks, but I feel if we give them many more items that they will become the new AD bruiser/casters of dominion, only more frustrating because they will be even harder to kill.

And as a general idea I think a new inexpensive item or two for mages would be good (Still keeping Wooglet's Witch Cap in mind).

I also feel like AD carries are still important but not as quite as optimal as they could be.
I feel like like bringing back Stark's Fervor (or something closer to it's power level and with similar attributes) instead of Zeke's Herald would be a healthy step for dominion, and one or two other things and I would be satisfied that those roles were a little more secure.