Have you been experiencing somewhat/exactly the same issue?

Yes, I have been experiencing somewhat/exactly the same issue 371 88.76%
Yes, I had experienced this issue but is no longer 16 3.83%
No, I have not had this issue before and have not yet experienced it 31 7.42%
Voters: 418. You may not vote on this poll

Reconnect issue - please read!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inferisarcina

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwariniel View Post
Hey guys, I'm really sorry you're experiencing this issue. I'm going to do some investigating and will talk to some folks about it.
Why is this a week ago without a resolution or fix steps to follow that work?

CallboyEskimo

11-10-2012

exact same problem for me here, BUT on European West Server...

PenguinX3

11-10-2012

Not sure if it fixed it or not, but I followed another post from yesterday that was explaining a way that they had found to help raise their FPS in game. It was to update your Adobe AIR. I found out I was really out of date. Well anyways, I updated and only just tried the game out today because I got.. distracted.. (X-com) till about 20 minutes ago. The game actually worked without the "Attempting to Reconnect" error coming up. Didn't change the FPS though.. Still, worth a try huh?

xXA1M

11-19-2012

I'm still having this same problem.. any fixes? I've updated adobe air, deleted files that other posts specified, in doing so it downloaded them again with the same issue........ re-installing the whole game now...just completely re-installed works fine now.

Heartling

11-22-2012

Completely re-installing, restarting computer, etc--All the fixes from the above post, etc.. Nothing works. >:x

Quesejodan17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Bummmmmp please fixxxxx

Brosepius Maxim

12-10-2012

I have never had this issue or really anything else major with Riot gaming in the past, until sunday evening. In the middle of my bot game my connection failed(over 20 mins into the game so it wasnt someone dodging the random draft), i tried the reconnect the same as i have done for other games that occasionally disconnect and this time it minimized just as most of the aforementioned posters stated. Ive completely reinstalled the game, tried an adobe air fix, tried deleting several temp files and exe. files among others that the Riot uploader reinstalls automatically, and nothing seems to work. I am not tech saavy at all and nothing ive done seems to work. I find it hard to believe this is something on my end or my ISP's end simply because this has never happened before and less than 5 days after a major overhaul of the graphics and champs happens suddenly i cant play?

Any help please Riot?

Edit: As of about 1:00AM pacific coast time i am now able to log back and play. I did everything as above posted to no avail and then did a hard reset of my computer(the difference between restarting and complete shut down) which seemed to do the trick, though i dont know why its any different. To test if any solutions work for any of you having this issue, try joining a spectated game instead of creating a game. That requires the same attempt to join a game and will not penalize you if you leave early or get disconnected.

end3r

12-11-2012

For everybody having issue with the game client not starting when you click reconnect, or when leaving the lobby to enter the game, you need to post logs. I would think the logs in "Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs\Game - R3d Logs" should do the trick, since they show the launch of the game client and the rendering of the game.

Also try updating your adobe air. Though you have to install it in your game folder. Path would be
"Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0. 0.226\deploy\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0"

Though I would be surprised since Adobe Air is only relative to the client and not the actual game engine. Maybe the update would fix a call from the client to the engine.

Anyway if you would like further assistance, send me a friend request on lol and we can talk.

WizzOnU

12-16-2012

With me the Reconnecting box never reconnect after losing internet briefly. I have to close the entire game out and reconnect after its reloaded.

jayfaz

12-16-2012

Exact same problem, like word for word. Any solutions HMU