Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

new 3v3 map is garbage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bandaidsaregood

10-27-2012

Quote:
ViolenTT:
That new map is pretty cool imo .. and that boss <3 Epic spider

You do realize it's just baron on 3's, it's a glorified pallet swap.

bandaidsaregood

10-27-2012

Quote:
Exqzr:
Seb,

Regardless. KEEP BOTH. new maps are always a good thing. Taking away an old map that people play every day and many like myself have more than 3k games on it, is a horrible thing to do to loyal customers. Horrible!

Straight up.

If they released both, 3's will have even less people playing it because it has to compete with it's fetal alcohol clone.

Exqzr

10-27-2012

Quote:
bandaidsaregood:
If they released both, 3's will have even less people playing it because it has to compete with it's fetal alcohol clone.

Yeah I know,

BUT i would rather have 10 minute queue times so I can play the map I would like to play and suffer that some have gone to the new map.

Than have 3 second queue times but on this new map.

Again, I am not trying to take anything away from anyone who like the new map.

I'll even stop trashing it. Just give us the option.

SaveTheMaids

10-27-2012

Quote:
James Drag30:
The new map allows for so much abuse when played with the right champs. I just finished a game where the enemy team was Rengar, Kah,zix and Elise. Throughout that game I was just playing for it to hit 15 minutes. The new meta for 3v3 is 2 high dps off-tanks, and a tanky or high dps AP. This map is utter bull****, I really want to see the old map back (AT LEAST as another option).

Yeah, Kha'zix was always annoying... but he was far more manageable on old TT than he is here. It also doesn't help that teammates often play really recklessly, thus feeding him more and making comebacks impossible. If you had a teammate that didn't listen on old TT, at least you could ward to counter mobile champions like him.

Now if Kha'zix is ahead and your team is less coordinated, there is literally nothing you can do except wait for the surrender vote.

Clericus

10-27-2012

I have to agree, this map is complete bull ****. Now people who think dominion is stupid can only play 5v5. 3v3 was utterly destroyed.

Gb2Nocturnus

10-27-2012

All I hear is people being upset over change. When things change of course things will seem chaotic because old strategies will not necessarily work. You know like 2 year old strategies of turtle festing? I really liked those.... : /

As for the people saying that the new meta is "2 off tank high dps champs and one of anything else", how really is that any different from what it was before? If you liked the slower pace of the old TT then play SR. Thats what SR was made for. Slow tactical methodical strategy. TT was supposed to have games that would twice as quick as SR but how often did that really happen?

The new map fixed obvious unfair characteristics of champs like shaco, tryn and akali from wall jumping. The new boss means it will take more coordinated team effort to get the buff. Altars mean that you can have an objective other than lane pushing which is what defines SR. Sure could it use some tweaking its in Beta.

You might object by saying "we're just their lab rats", but I really like that. I want Riot to experiment more. Maybe we'll start to see more original material maybe new maps, maybe new items. If you don't like change well I can't help you. But if you're willing to try new things and give CRITICAL feed back. Not just biased opinions then you're only hurting the rest of the community by repressing Riot's willingness to branch out.

Exqzr

10-27-2012

All good.

Keep the old map as well.

Quote:
Gb2Nocturnus:
All I hear is people being upset over change. When things change of course things will seem chaotic because old strategies will not necessarily work. You know like 2 year old strategies of turtle festing? I really liked those.... : /

As for the people saying that the new meta is "2 off tank high dps champs and one of anything else", how really is that any different from what it was before? If you liked the slower pace of the old TT then play SR. Thats what SR was made for. Slow tactical methodical strategy. TT was supposed to have games that would twice as quick as SR but how often did that really happen?

The new map fixed obvious unfair characteristics of champs like shaco, tryn and akali from wall jumping. The new boss means it will take more coordinated team effort to get the buff. Altars mean that you can have an objective other than lane pushing which is what defines SR. Sure could it use some tweaking its in Beta.

You might object by saying "we're just their lab rats", but I really like that. I want Riot to experiment more. Maybe we'll start to see more original material maybe new maps, maybe new items. If you don't like change well I can't help you. But if you're willing to try new things and give CRITICAL feed back. Not just biased opinions then you're only hurting the rest of the community by repressing Riot's willingness to branch out.

Xodia69

10-27-2012

please bring back old 3v3 map! its the only map i like to play

VictimSix

10-27-2012

Quote:
Exqzr:
Seb,

Its not hard for them to have both maps. They have an agenda. We are the guinea pigs. Same was true with the tribunal for a year till they actually made it work right.

Anyway, If you like the new map that's cool. I don't, not at all. It's too chaotic and I don't know if that was Riots original offering, I probably would have never played this game for more than a week.

The way the old map flows is near perfect. 9.5 out of 10. All we ever asked for was a tweak to make it a 10.

Anyway, see you in SR maybe?

The hyperbole is strong with this one.

Drucifer0

10-27-2012

Quote:
Gb2Nocturnus:

well the new map made kassadin even stronger at wall hopping. his ult can clear all but the very thickest portions of the jungle walls, so when he moves he creates even more distance then before since everyone else needs to walk around a massive wall, and none of the other champs with high mobility (other than those with teleport ults) can chase like they once could. So at least in this case balance was completely lost. I still like the map, but it has issues that i really hope they fix during this beta phase.