I like LoL...I'm just bad at it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghostly Truth

09-24-2011

Hey All

I have been playing LoL for 2 days and I love the game. The only thing is I am horrible at it.
I can only get kills by using the turrets on Hermdinger and the characters I own (Annie and Tristana) I am miserable with (I've played many a game with both)

Is their a certain way the game should be played with my two characters and any other specific strategies I should follow.

Thanks for Reading

Ghostly Truth

GMONEYTRICK

09-24-2011

Leaguecraft.com. has some excellent guides, as well as many other sites. Just a matter of knowing where to look.

A lot of experience also comes from games tho. I have over 1k games under my belt and still have trouble with certain champs. Practice practice practice.

Ghostly Truth

09-24-2011

Thanks heaps...I will check that website out.

People have being saying to me in game that LoL is:

'Hard To Learn and Hard To Master'

acosn

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly Truth View Post
Hey All

I have been playing LoL for 2 days and I love the game. The only thing is I am horrible at it.
I can only get kills by using the turrets on Hermdinger and the characters I own (Annie and Tristana) I am miserable with (I've played many a game with both)

Is their a certain way the game should be played with my two characters and any other specific strategies I should follow.

Thanks for Reading

Ghostly Truth
Tristanna is genuinely the hardest ranged AD carry to play in the game at the moment- There's a lot of characters that just surpass her in every way imaginable. Try Caitlyn or Vayne to familiarize yourself with the role.

Three items that every Trist should be getting are boots (merc treads generally, or boots of swiftness / mobility), an infinity edge (get this ASAP- for all ranged AD carries the infinity edge is the single strongest DPS boost in the game) and a Bloodthirster. Eventually. You want the lifesteal, but you don't necessarily want to blindly rush for it.

Annie is an AP nuke. After her early game she is basically all about landing a passive-fed tibbers that stuns the entire enemy team before the follow through with the rest of your rotation.

Three items I typically see annie get are a Rod of Ages, boots (sorc boots) and Rabaddon's.

Ghostly Truth

09-24-2011

Oh another thing that hopefully anyone could answer for me.

I have been playing Co-op (On Beginner) against bots and I find them really hard.

They are always a couple of levels in front of you, pull of combos relentlessly like they have unlimited Mana and all round just absolutely own me. It probably is my horrible ability level but are real games against similar levelled people harder or easier than bots? (I have never played a real game yet)

Etherimp

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn View Post
Tristanna is genuinely the hardest ranged AD carry to play in the game at the moment- There's a lot of characters that just surpass her in every way imaginable. Try Caitlyn or Vayne to familiarize yourself with the role.

Three items that every Trist should be getting are boots (merc treads generally, or boots of swiftness / mobility), an infinity edge (get this ASAP- for all ranged AD carries the infinity edge is the single strongest DPS boost in the game) and a Bloodthirster. Eventually. You want the lifesteal, but you don't necessarily want to blindly rush for it.

Annie is an AP nuke. After her early game she is basically all about landing a passive-fed tibbers that stuns the entire enemy team before the follow through with the rest of your rotation.

Three items I typically see annie get are a Rod of Ages, boots (sorc boots) and Rabaddon's.
I agree with most of what you've said, but I think some form of lifesteal should come before mid game starts.. Even if it's a Wriggles.

Ghostly Truth

09-24-2011

Okay Thanks Guys for that...Really appreciated.

Just one thing what does AD and Nuke (In LoL Context not the radioactive explosive) mean?

BRAVEYpl0x

09-24-2011

Great guide by the soon-to-be-missed-Shurelia. Taught me a neat way of approaching the game in my beginning days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxGQ3gWdrM

Ghostly Truth

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEYpl0x View Post
Great guide by the soon-to-be-missed-Shurelia. Taught me a neat way of approaching the game in my beginning days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxGQ3gWdrM
Thanks Watching it now

acosn

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly Truth View Post
Okay Thanks Guys for that...Really appreciated.

Just one thing what does AD and Nuke (In LoL Context not the radioactive explosive) mean?
AD: Attack Damage. This is the bread and butter stat for physical characters like Renekton, Master Yi, Tristanna, Ashe, and so on. The more AD you have, the more your damage your auto-attacks do. Some characters have abilities that scale to AD as well (this will appear as an orange "+X" in tool tips rather than the green "+Z" that indicates it scales to AP.

AP: Ability Power. This increases the damage output of spells. This is typically the most important stat for mage-type characters.

Nuke: Really just means you're trying to cram as much damage into as short a time frame as possible. The opposite is sustained damage.