A New Beginning: Roleplaying on the Boards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tamat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Live Services

Follow RiotTamat on Twitter

2 Weeks Ago
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Greetings and salutations!

I am Tamat the Wise, and I come with news about the future of these noble lands. You see, soon the great freeze will be upon us, and that will make these lands uninhabitable. Fear not for a mighty guild of Code Wizards have created new lands so that you, and your people can survive. Soon, everything you've ever created will be frozen in place indefinitely. No one truly knows if a thaw will be possible.

[OOC]

Many of you have been asking about what's going to happen to the RP community when we flip the forums to read-only next week. I promised an answer today, and though it is late I hope that you'll guys begin to migrate to the new (somewhat private) board that we created for you. I want to work with you to customize it, and sometime this year, we're planning to add the ability to subscribe to this board so that it always appears on your feed once subscribed. For now, I think it's best if this board stays word of mouth only, so that YOU can setup the culture for others who join later.

I present to you, your new home! Within this board you'll find two discussions that I want you guys to focus on. I want to work with you guys to optimize the way our moderators touch your boards. As a minimum, I want these boards to fall under the Universal Rules, but by setting custom etiquette in the the Guidelines, we'll also be able to use that to more accurately moderate these boards the way that you want.

One last thing! Since this is isn't a default board, I'm going to need you guys to report stuff to help the mods out. Reporting will result in better moderation. Trust me!

We're looking forward to working with you. Together, we'll build a community that surpasses the greatness of this one.

-Tamat

LoosedCannonJinx

2 Weeks Ago

Some of us call it the Institute of War and those who run it summoners. (The salt is real!)

Thank you for the links and for informing us.

JPLangley 2

2 Weeks Ago

Heck yes!

Ryugi Kazamaru

2 Weeks Ago

Good to hear from you, Tamat. People were getting antsy.

That said, I'd like to extend an offer of my Skype contact information so, if you so desire, you can have a link to someone within the community. I've spoken with Runaan about particular issues affecting our community for quite some time, and she has been kind enough to listen, and to pass those on to you guys where appropriate. Having a finger on the pulse of the community can be very useful for feedback and ideas, and, it is with the hope of cooperation and a new start for all of us that I present the following information.

I hope to hear from you guys soon.

- Kaz

Ask ShacoV2

2 Weeks Ago

Thanks. We'd really been anxious as to the future of roleplaying of this community. I truly believe our community will surpass all others.
-The Demon Jester

Script Lord

2 Weeks Ago

Thank you based Tamat!

You are our god!

Tybresa

2 Weeks Ago

This will be interesting to see how it develops.

... What? I keep an ear on the ground sometimes. Don't look so surprised to see me >.>

Ask Starchild

2 Weeks Ago

Hello Tamat, thank you for creating these new Boards for us.

A lot of people on Skype are currently angry with an issue with the ordering of threads. Specifically, threads do not order themselves by the time they were last posted in. Neither of the three sort options at the top fulfill this need. Would it be possible to add the "Latest" sort option from GD and make it the default to better suit our needs?

Ask The Scorned

2 Weeks Ago

Thank You!

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

2 Weeks Ago

Question: Is there a possibility to add a link to quotes that return to the source post? I run a thread that requires that RPers either label or quote posts with others they're RPing with, and it would be a lot easier for the RPers to jump back to the original source if necessary.