Onisnake's Predictions for WCG

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Padwan

10-02-2010

I completely agree with you saying that severus is the one to watch, because he plays 2 anti-carry champ's extremely well, and i think if CLG invests heavily into their "super carry tactic" (as you put it) i think SK will end up winning. I wouldn't be surprised if you see SK pick poppy.
I might be biased because im a European player but i think SK are going to come out on top.
Sk played so well in the semi - finals and decimated chinahero.
I think CLG won't be banning Twich in the finals, maybe even to try and get SK to pick them.
I think it will be 2 - 0 to SK.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-02-2010

Good write up, thanks for that.

Ragefest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2010

Good write up, but wrong so far.

Emnious

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by onisnake View Post
The SEA team has shown many interesting compositions and strategies that have produced interesting results.
Losing is an interesting result now?

I think you're trying to make a story from absolutely nothing and making the two Asian teams look way better than they really are. They're both pretty horrible and pick with almost zero coordination and if by interesting you mean bad, then I'd agree with you.

kuuji cat

10-02-2010

i am pretty sure clg will take the win, even if it takes them 3 games.

Jazzz

10-02-2010

(Teh Ninjan)

Personally I think this text is full of fail. Naming Kassadin as a crucial pick for SK is hilarious as both CH and AS aren't even close to the level of SK and CLG. Playing Kassadin against the unorganized and, to be frank, routine lacking CH was only to stomp quickly and decisively. Both CH and AS are very lacking in: Buff control, dragon control, warding, counter warding and target focusing in fights pretty much everything which separates high level play from medium level play.

The overview of AS and CH was also pretty weird, saying that CH would rely on Kayle and Nunu (who they failed playing in any good way during the round robin) is just a sloppy analysis. And AS hasn't been that shifting in their comps either. They've made a point of building around Galio as their core and then try to counterpick as much as possible. Just look at the drafts and that becomes really really obvious. This, unfortunatley has led to them playing chars they don't fully master which has cost them many games. That paired with an inability to finish and overconfidence resulting in sloppy endgame play is what saw them smashed in the round robin.

Now for the bronze match they proved that they could finish as they in fact did dominate the match against CH in the round robin, loosing only due to extremely sloppy play in the endgame. I was really expecting AS to win and was surprised that this prediction was 2-0 for CH.

As for SK vs CLG I think they're way off. I'm betting on the first round going to SK, the second to CLG and the last round could really go anyway, but I think the better team play of SK will see them come out victorious from this encounter. Also, I really doubt CLG would be dumb enough to go a 1 carry 4 support/tank setup in a WCG final against SK. Those setups are way to fragile and only really work against ill coordinated teams like AS and CH. We saw this in the round robin were SK didn't really have that much of a problem handling that kind of setup from CLG. And seeing as CLG don't want a rerun of that encounter they'll bring something different to the table. Probably a more standard 2 carry, 2 tank and 1 support setup with one tank in the jungle.

Personally I'm looking forward to the final for many many reasons one of them being that this will probably mark the end of Taric being considered a top tier char. He's proven time and time again in this tournament to pretty much suck and this is something that me and my mates have been talking about for the past month. Why do people hold him in such regard when he's absolutely rubbish in comparison to so many other characters? And so far Taric hasn't done anything spectacular in this tournament.

Taric is great support character. Just because he is not being played very well
in this tournament does not discredit his ability.
What other support do you know that can stun, heal another target and himself,
passively grant an armor aura, and increase everyones attack dmg?

Well I guess Sona could do most of that, actually. But she is also an excellent support champ.

IS1307f48673dbe995cab37

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsluvmyrooster View Post
(Teh Ninjan)

Personally I think this text is full of fail. Naming Kassadin as a crucial pick for SK is hilarious as both CH and AS aren't even close to the level of SK and CLG. Playing Kassadin against the unorganized and, to be frank, routine lacking CH was only to stomp quickly and decisively. Both CH and AS are very lacking in: Buff control, dragon control, warding, counter warding and target focusing in fights pretty much everything which separates high level play from medium level play.

The overview of AS and CH was also pretty weird, saying that CH would rely on Kayle and Nunu (who they failed playing in any good way during the round robin) is just a sloppy analysis. And AS hasn't been that shifting in their comps either. They've made a point of building around Galio as their core and then try to counterpick as much as possible. Just look at the drafts and that becomes really really obvious. This, unfortunatley has led to them playing chars they don't fully master which has cost them many games. That paired with an inability to finish and overconfidence resulting in sloppy endgame play is what saw them smashed in the round robin.

Now for the bronze match they proved that they could finish as they in fact did dominate the match against CH in the round robin, loosing only due to extremely sloppy play in the endgame. I was really expecting AS to win and was surprised that this prediction was 2-0 for CH.

As for SK vs CLG I think they're way off. I'm betting on the first round going to SK, the second to CLG and the last round could really go anyway, but I think the better team play of SK will see them come out victorious from this encounter. Also, I really doubt CLG would be dumb enough to go a 1 carry 4 support/tank setup in a WCG final against SK. Those setups are way to fragile and only really work against ill coordinated teams like AS and CH. We saw this in the round robin were SK didn't really have that much of a problem handling that kind of setup from CLG. And seeing as CLG don't want a rerun of that encounter they'll bring something different to the table. Probably a more standard 2 carry, 2 tank and 1 support setup with one tank in the jungle.

Personally I'm looking forward to the final for many many reasons one of them being that this will probably mark the end of Taric being considered a top tier char. He's proven time and time again in this tournament to pretty much suck and this is something that me and my mates have been talking about for the past month. Why do people hold him in such regard when he's absolutely rubbish in comparison to so many other characters? And so far Taric hasn't done anything spectacular in this tournament.

Taric is great support character. Just because he is not being played very well
in this tournament does not discredit his ability.
What other support do you know that can stun, heal another target and himself,
passively grant an armor aura, and increase everyones attack dmg?

Well I guess Sona could do most of that, actually. But she is also an excellent support champ.
You answered the question yourself and I Morgana is also a far better choice for support, no heal but an awesome shield instead. I might've come on too strong in my post but what I really wanted to say is that he's not in top tier where so many people seem to put him. Not to mention how often he's banned in solo queue which is just absurd since he's most definitely not in the top 4 chars list.

It really pains me to see SK failing so hard in both the second and third game, second saw them doing a terrible pick and the third wasn't that much better. Just because TF got banned they let up totally on their play style and tried something that they just couldn't pull off. But as I said in my prediction it could go either way and sadly, imho, it was CLG that came out victorious.

That they chose first ban over first pick is incomprehensible and the setup I would've wanted to see them play would've been: Ashe | Sona/Janna + Shen | Morgana + Akali

That or trying to take Amumu and give up Morgana, cause they lacked focused damage so bad with both their Tristana, Shen, Janna, Miss Fortune, Kassadin and Shen, Janna, Kassadin, Kog'Maw and Morgana setups, their main dmg dealer couldn't really take the damage into the fight and Kassadins dmg is to spread out, something like Akali to focus out their carry would've been really sweet. And first picking Ashe should've been their priority for real.

Edit: Also they could've gone with Pantheon to mimic the TF action that lead them to victory in the first match as they're both great at taking a tower on one lane and jumping to the next as the enemy approach, also a good AoE for team fights at baron but a weaker char than TF as he lacks the range.

Bregan

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
Thanks for that, Oni! Don't be shy, you can tell the people that you write for http://runeterra.com.
wow really? oni moving up in the world since vz!