Onisnake's Predictions for WCG

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

onisnake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-02-2010

SEA Overview

The SEA team has played very differently than we would have expected. They have been using different combinations and strategies that might just give them the edge they need to beat China. We have seen them use Mordekasier, Blitzcrank, and Karthus during the preliminaries as well as counter warding often. If they are to beat China they must use their different compositions to surprise them and take the game.

China Overview

China has been playing really well together using a set of core champions: Kayle, Ashe, Nunu, Shen, and Taric. They rely on Kayle to bring them the victory, giving her the solo lane to farm for most of the game. They are confident in their play of these 5 champions which in turn will give them the advantage against any team that they go against.

SEA vs. China Match Prediction

The two Asian teams are facing off for 3rd and 4th place today and we have a interesting match ahead of us. The SEA team has shown many interesting compositions and strategies that have produced interesting results. China is doing really well playing together, sticking with their original team as much as possible, relying on Kayle to farm them to the end game and capture victory. If the SEA teams allow China to have Kayle it will be hard for them to beat China, particularly because China is confident with their team which we saw in the round robin match's of them sticking as close to it as possible. For the SEA team to beat China they will have to disrupt their core team of Kayle/Ashe/Nunu/Shen/Taric or else they will look at an uphill struggle. I predict a 2-0 victory for China, as their team confidence will probably beat SEA's shifting team.

EU Overview

The EU team has proven a formidable foe, using lane control and lots of crow control characters. Severus Kassadin proved to be fatal for the SEA team and Osaft22 support champions have held the team together solid. They have good team composition as well as reading their opponents as we saw in their match vs. CLG.

CLG Overview

CLG have proven true power players, being the only team to have carried ignite, and driving through with their powerful Kog'maw play. They are using super carry tactics and AoE teams to drive their victory with their aggressive play that we have come to expect from the CLG team.

CLG vs. EU Prediction

This is the game to watch, as the two teams have battled it out to the match for the gold. The CLG dominant strategy seemed to make kog a super carry, loading the team with support and tanks to keep kog safe while he decimates the opposing team. The EU team has shown great versatility in their picks, not sticking to any one specific comp but Severus is the one to watch here, as his Kassadin is no joke. In the final game of Thursday his Kassadin was able to keep hold of 20 stacks of soulstealer and he was able to lead the team to victory. EU will probably get one shot using Kassadin before the CLG team bans him so they must make it count.

Both teams probably have a few tricks up their sleeves, as twitch hasn't made an appearance in any game. Bigfatjiji and Severus are the ones to look for in these teams that can change the flow of the game. Jiji has shown that his use of utility characters, such as Anivia and Kennen, can alter the situation and take control of the game leading them to victory. The EU team has Severus's Kassadin which is powerful enough to give them pause before rushing in headlong as well as beating CLG with their TF map control using him to dominate the flow of the game. After the first round we will see bans being personal picks of the opposing players which means we might see Garen or Morgana in the match. I predict we will see first victory for CLG, followed by a second round win for EU, then the final round being CLG making a 2-1 victory for CLG. I wouldn't miss any of these match's as we are about to see LoL history and amazing game play.

ZenonTheStoic

Champion Designer

10-02-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for that, Oni! Don't be shy, you can tell the people that you write for http://runeterra.com.

secretagentduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

10-02-2010

Would love to see a 3 game match in the finals. That would be ever so sexy

Letkhar

10-02-2010

How do I watch the finals? Link plz.

EquisScry

10-02-2010

Well his China 2-0 pick missed, let's see if CLG 2-1 happens.

Icefrag

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by onisnake View Post
I predict a 2-0 victory for China, as their team confidence will probably beat SEA's shifting team.
First prediction failed ^^

Hopefully you are mistaken about grand final as well..

GO GO EUROPE

onisnake

Recruiter

10-02-2010

the games can be found at http://www.leagueoflegends.com/wcg2010

CLTY PanDa

10-02-2010

Enjoyed the read, and I agree with both your prediction. Too bad we were both wrong about the SEA vs China game :P

orime

10-02-2010

I think the predictions are a bit too focused on two players. On the Eu-NA matchup, the players are all very good and you can expect any misstep to be exploited by any slot in either team.

IS1307f48673dbe995cab37

10-02-2010

Personally I think this text is full of fail. Naming Kassadin as a crucial pick for SK is hilarious as both CH and AS aren't even close to the level of SK and CLG. Playing Kassadin against the unorganized and, to be frank, routine lacking CH was only to stomp quickly and decisively. Both CH and AS are very lacking in: Buff control, dragon control, warding, counter warding and target focusing in fights pretty much everything which separates high level play from medium level play.

The overview of AS and CH was also pretty weird, saying that CH would rely on Kayle and Nunu (who they failed playing in any good way during the round robin) is just a sloppy analysis. And AS hasn't been that shifting in their comps either. They've made a point of building around Galio as their core and then try to counterpick as much as possible. Just look at the drafts and that becomes really really obvious. This, unfortunatley has led to them playing chars they don't fully master which has cost them many games. That paired with an inability to finish and overconfidence resulting in sloppy endgame play is what saw them smashed in the round robin.

Now for the bronze match they proved that they could finish as they in fact did dominate the match against CH in the round robin, loosing only due to extremely sloppy play in the endgame. I was really expecting AS to win and was surprised that this prediction was 2-0 for CH.

As for SK vs CLG I think they're way off. I'm betting on the first round going to SK, the second to CLG and the last round could really go anyway, but I think the better team play of SK will see them come out victorious from this encounter. Also, I really doubt CLG would be dumb enough to go a 1 carry 4 support/tank setup in a WCG final against SK. Those setups are way to fragile and only really work against ill coordinated teams like AS and CH. We saw this in the round robin were SK didn't really have that much of a problem handling that kind of setup from CLG. And seeing as CLG don't want a rerun of that encounter they'll bring something different to the table. Probably a more standard 2 carry, 2 tank and 1 support setup with one tank in the jungle.

Personally I'm looking forward to the final for many many reasons one of them being that this will probably mark the end of Taric being considered a top tier char. He's proven time and time again in this tournament to pretty much suck and this is something that me and my mates have been talking about for the past month. Why do people hold him in such regard when he's absolutely rubbish in comparison to so many other characters? And so far Taric hasn't done anything spectacular in this tournament.