@Riot, Why remove the tournament summoner icons?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashesofanangel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Players asked for new icons for the longest time, usually to be told that the resources are better spent elsewhere, but it will happen in the future. So, why, when there are some new ones there, remove them?
They add an immediate sense of community when I go to play custom games and get to see what top teams are everyone's favorites. I don't mean to be whiny about it, but every time I logged in they added a little bit of extra joy to my experience. I could even see them being helpful to introduce new players to the competitive scene when they ask themselves: "What's this M5, TSM, and CLG nonsense?"
Anyway, I hope you can see fit to return them...

EnoughOp

10-26-2012

bump

RavenGenesis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

except most of these teams fade away and reform under new names..

way too exhausting to keep making them..

also they're their own branding, so i'm sure it'll cost riot loyalties to them

Ashesofanangel

10-26-2012

I didn't think they would keep making them. I thought those teams, by making it to worlds, had earned the prestige to be remembered, and, even if the team reformed under a new name, it would be a nice representation of their memory. As for branding, I can't say for certain, but I don't imagine any of the companies mind free advertising.