Last 4 Female Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyrad

10-26-2012

Elise: I'm an evil chick. The end.

Syndra: I'm an evil chick. The end.

Diana: I was a nice girl. I only wanted the approval of my peers and show them that we're blessed by more than just the Sun but also the Moon and other entities. Even when I presented hard evidence, they scorned and humiliated me. I suppose you can call me evil -- I did kill them after all. But the Moon deserves our praise -- it shares light in the times of darkness, and I'm going to do everything I can to worship and honor it.

Zyra: I'm an evil chick (though I used to be a evil plant). The End.

Waafu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Pretty much. I liked the cult element of Elise's lore, though.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Well, if you aim to shrink a champion bio into one line, you have succeeded.

Also, favoritism and subjectivity.

Melancholy Exile

10-26-2012

Elise: I'm the figurehead on an ancient evil cult/religion who wants to lure unsuspecting followers to the Shadow Isles in exchange for my continued youth/immortality. Also I turn into a spider.

Syndra: I was raised in a culture where people were too afraid of me to actually teach me proper control and respect for others. My powers, which could've been used for great good, were squandered on my own amusement while my family and society failed to give me the support structure that I so desperately needed. When they grew too fearful to bear me, they passed me into the care of a man who finally offered me training and I leapt at that opportunity. It was only when I found that he, the one person who had tried to reach out to me, was still lying to my face that I finally snapped and turned against all those who wanted to take away the powers that had been the one constant in my life. I will tear down the council's oppressive regime and install my own order in their place.

Diana: I wanted to share my own beliefs and understanding of the world with my peers but, even when presented with hard evidence, they rejected my ideals and condemned me to death. I deemed the Solari unworthy to live, knowing that they were so blinded by lies that they would go to any lengths to protect their own world-view and a threat to others beyond myself. Now I hunt and kill their agents anywhere I find them because I know they will not listen to reason; they only deserve death.

Zyra: I'm the last of my kind looking to survive at any cost in a world, and body, that is utterly alien to my understanding. I'll do whatever it takes to see that I thrive in this strange new environment.

Not quite so black and white, are they?

Except Elise, naturally.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrad View Post
Elise: I'm an evil chick. The end.

Syndra: I'm an evil chick. The end.

Diana: I was a nice girl. I only wanted the approval of my peers and show them that we're blessed by more than just the Sun but also the Moon and other entities. Even when I presented hard evidence, they scorned and humiliated me. I suppose you can call me evil -- I did kill them after all. But the Moon deserves our praise -- it shares light in the times of darkness, and I'm going to do everything I can to worship and honor it.

Zyra: I'm an evil chick (though I used to be a evil plant). The End.
I think that there's more going on than what you have listed...

Cyrad

10-26-2012

I also did like Elise's spider cult. I wish there was...more to the story than the novelty of her tricking followers.

Maybe instead, she was a follower who exposed the cult and killed the cult leader. After the fight, she got captured by the giant spider, but instead of eating her, the spider offered to take cult leader's place. Elise had to choose whether to die or gain immortality at the price of being part of the lie she sought to destroy. She succumbed to the spider. At first, she intended to cheat death at a chance of later killing the spider herself. But the spider's venom and immortality affected her mind and became too intoxicating to pass up.

That would give a little more depth and makes a more interesting story. Yeah, still evil in the end, but it shows more depth and Elise's succumbing to the spider's will was originally a plan to destroy evil that eventually made her evil. She'd be no longer black and white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
Well, if you aim to shrink a champion bio into one line, you have succeeded.

Also, favoritism and subjectivity.
I actually am not a big fan of Diana. And I'm not one of those types that complain about females being over-sexualized (though I did complain about Caitlyn since she's supposed to be a hard-nosed sheriff with a subtle tease and yet she runs around dressed like a prostitute in combat boots. But that's just me).

I like dimensionality. I like depth.

Look at Ahri. Her lore is very simple. She's a magic fox that becomes more human by draining life from people. However, she's a deep character. Ahri has conflicting desires. She loves the feeling of draining lives and wants to become more human. However, she doesn't like killing people. Ironically, killing people makes her become more human, which in turn also giving her a conscious and regret about killing people.

Noggin Punch

10-26-2012

Well, I mean, you can make any series of champions look bland and identical if you just compress it into 1 sentence. Here's an example with void champions:
Cho'Gath- Hungry.
Kog'maw- Really freaking hungry.
Kha'zix- Kind of hungry.
But just because they share a common element doesn't make them the same. So they're evil chicks, sure, but they aren't the exact same. Why are they evil? What are they besides evil?

Cyrad

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin Punch View Post
Why are they evil? What are they besides evil?
That's entirely my point. The lore doesn't answer those questions. It's just "They're evil. Here's an evil thing they did. The end."

Leotamer

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrad View Post
That's entirely my point. The lore doesn't answer those questions. It's just "They're evil. Here's an evil thing they did. The end."
Elise is one of the most inserting of the shadow isle champions, for a simple reason: She avoids death. Death is seen as a promotion in shadow isle, let she does all she can to prolong her weakness. With such ties to the isles, the chances of her not coming back as an undead is next to none. The shadow isles and the void seem both to be working to an unknown goal, and for every pawn they add, even if they don't know their a pawn, adds to the build up of what is their goal. (While we got an idea of what they what, we don't have a motive, plan of action, etc.) Not to mention she is the halloween champion, it makes sense for her to be flat out evil. Also, in her defense, in the intro music for her she said she would, "take them to be a better place." So in her eyes, death is a good thing. However, I don't think other's quite aguee, nor that she cares that they don't.

Syndra is the first evil champion I know to come out of Ionia, and isn't you stranded evil. (I don't count the trio or Varus are their working for a "good" goal, and neutral at worst). The only valid complaint I can see about her is the whole plothole of her going to the League, though I feel it just do to her Ego complex.

Zyra isn't evil, she is a carnivore. Is a wolf evil? Her speices just adapted to quickly and doom themselves to extinction, the only thing evil about her is that she broke the natural balance, something humans do daily.

The Leona Dianna Conflict is pretty much the Demancia and Noxus Conflict. Two forces, one painted in gold, and one that will openly kill you for patriotism.

QŘilani

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin Punch View Post
Well, I mean, you can make any series of champions look bland and identical if you just compress it into 1 sentence. Here's an example with void champions:
Cho'Gath- Hungry.
Kog'maw- Really freaking hungry.
Kha'zix- Kind of hungry.
But just because they share a common element doesn't make them the same. So they're evil chicks, sure, but they aren't the exact same. Why are they evil? What are they besides evil?
I am hungry too!!