Why do people say/think supporting isn't fun?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zirdane

10-26-2012

I main supports. With my recent adventures into ranked queue as well. And I actually do enjoy it. It's not as fun as a solo lane like top or mid where its mostly mono eh mono with another. But you have your role to play, might as well excel at it. I've heard tales that support players at the higher ELO brackets get more credit than in the low ELO brackets. It's more of the mindset of the players in the brackets that set it apart. There are games when everything is going your way... Your setting up the kills when need be here and there, keeping your ADC safe, and you get no credit for it at all. If the ADC is doing well, it's apparently the ADC alone... Then there are games where it's going bad on bot, multiple ganks and such, gold starved, and counterwarded and jungler running around free with oracles killing your wards that you can't keep them up cause every ward is killed and the team keeps yelling for more wards.... and everything is your fault... I take it with stride, and decide to keep playing support anyways. Cause it is fun, enjoyable, and helps the synergy of the team.

Zauxus

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFeKtiVEz View Post
I completely feel your pain. Another thing that really pisses me off is when i have the entire map warded and the second that all those wards run out and im about to go buy more, the team or someone *****es and is like "wtf, we need wards?" "fail support, no wards" and it mostly happens when im in the process of buying more and they cant see whats happening in the jungle or something so they die and blame me because they could previous see who was there but no longer can. thats probably one of the worst parts of supporting lmfao....that and getting blamed for the adc failing.
I hate when you go to ward dragon and your adc dies and then he flames you the rest of the game.

xxJerryBerry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Playing a support is a blast when you have a capable ADC. Even if he isn't the best, you make up for it because it's a two person lane. Some people don't realise how much a support effects a game :/

But when your ADC is complete trash, it kind of breaks my heart to watch him get 3 cs a minute.

@above
If I had a nickel for everytime that happened.. WHY CANT THEY BACK OFF FOR TWO SECONDS?

Zauxus

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJerryBerry View Post
Playing a support is a blast when you have a capable ADC. Even if he isn't the best, you make up for it because it's a two person lane. Some people don't realise how much a support effects a game :/

But when your ADC is complete trash, it kind of breaks my heart to watch him get 3 cs a minute.

@above
If I had a nickel for everytime that happened.. WHY CANT THEY BACK OFF FOR TWO SECONDS?
Support IS fun when you duoque with you adc or they are AT LEAST grateful.

iSpencer

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauxus View Post
I think support is fun but I don't like how almost everything and everyone can find a way to blame it on the support.
Actually I find that when bot lane loses everyone blames it on the AD carry. The support might have failed to ward properly, sat in the bush, spammed heal once or twice, and finally died when their attention lapsed. Top, mid and jungle unanimously agree that their ADC is trash for losing in cs and letting the enemy AD get fed.

Nendoroid

10-26-2012

support is fun but sometime fustrating expecially when u get blamed for not healing when they obviously running the opposite way -.-

a tiny ant

10-26-2012

It has several reasons for me.

-You can't really rely on your ADcarry being competent in soloqueue.
-I personally enjoy lasthitting/farming
-I like being the one that does most of the damage lategame.

Supporting is definately an important role, arguably more important than ADC early on, but for me it's just a matter of preference.

Craixis

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0git View Post
It's just straight up boring.

Herp derp sit in the bush, herp derp place a ward, herp derp heal the ad carry.

That's not why I play video games.

What's that? My team is feeding? gg, because I can't do anything because I'm a support.
Oh yeah, Supports can't do anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...g9ceZE#t=1695s
Not at all...

Play Leona/Alistar/Taric/Blitz/Nunu if you want to not "sit back and heal" (even as the more passive supports, you're doing it wrong). Support is all about early game aggression, YOU win the early game for your carry, not the other way around.

CZG Wisdom

10-26-2012

bump