Why do people say/think supporting isn't fun?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fireside Poet

10-26-2012

Because people have preferences different than yours, I guess.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

100% of people who hate playing support are idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrolImanship View Post
Oh look I just got creamed by the other support because I didn't spend 10k IP on a very specific support rune page.

And then got reported by my team for it.

And don't even enjoy playing support.
Go into a role unprepared.

Do badly.

Blame the role.

Ok. Proving my point.

CorruptDictator

10-26-2012

Support CAN be very fun, but it is something best done when you can actively communicate with your lane mate. I, for instance, enjoy playing highly aggressive support, but that does not work well unless I am on vent with my adc to tell them when I want them to go in for the kill and when I am just harassing/zoning.

LightBao

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Enigma View Post
Support: i guess i go ward a bit so my team sees the enemy
Hidden in the Bush Enemy: Woah a Support im so afraid, that i go attack him now.
Support: i'm alone no one can save me i'm done for.

--> Supports must rely on others regardless how the others play (some play good, some play bad but Supporters still have no chance versus any potent enemy)

--> Supports waste all their money so their team can see early enough the enemies plans.

Own Team: no thank because its his job.
And if your team sees the enemy and gain kills they say good job to each other who dealt damage, but not to the supporter who provided them the advantage. Supporters have many lows and too few highs in a game. Ofc. its great if you safe someone in a teamfight with kayle's ultimate or so but the rest of the time its just painfull to depend sooo strong on others.
Humm...are you serious? So if you see me playing as alistar and you as lets say MF, you'd go balls deep and just attack me? You my friend, must be playing at a 4k elo for you going so recklessly against an alistar huh?

Are you saying that a support can't 1vs5? big news, I believe it's the same for Ad carries, for ad carries, for bruisers, oh wait, for every single role in this game?

Bro, you logic is flawed and let me explain why. This game was never meant to be played alone, and if you give me the argument that a support can't duel someone, every single one has to be working together, you should never have to duel someone except if you are split pushing, which only a few champs can do well.

Man, your world is completely different then mine, supports dont provide wards for the whole map! they HELP provide more wards, it's a player's job (ALL PLAYERS) to ward the map, supports a little bit more, thats it.

According to all the arguments you gave me, you are not team-oriented at all, and I wish to NEVER play with you. You sir, need some teamwork classes!

LightBao

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrolImanship View Post
Oh look I just got creamed by the other support because I didn't spend 10k IP on a very specific support rune page.

And then got reported by my team for it.

And don't even enjoy playing support.

WHY OH WHY WOULD I EVER COMPLAIN ABOUT SUPPORT?
You are saying that someone that goes AD without AD runes wouldn't get **** on by the enemy AD carry too? Why target supports specifically?

Rikter Iliaren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Because I don't want to lane with some random and have people be like durr you need to ward the entire map because I need to buy my 3rd bloodthirster.

That and the fact I find most of the kits on the supports not very fun to play as even if they weren't shoved bottom.

LightBao

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by orc72 View Post
I don't mind 0 cs supporting at all.
I mind when I am made to be the only on the team buying wards.

Also, I find 90% of ad carrys are utterly stupid, and blame you for not making them invincible, getting them perfect CS, and making the enemy laners be free kills to them. Which if I could do all that, still wouldnt be enough for our carry because they find last hitting minions to be as hard as solving a rubix cube.
I just hate it when your in a game as a support and you cannot do anything because your carry is so bad. like ive seen a ezreal only have 20 cs by 15 minuets in. Its not like he was being poked at or anything either.
Well, happens to have bad players on our team, happens to have good players too! Ad carries can have bad supports as supports can have bad ad carries, it's just bad luck man :S

LightBao

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireside Poet View Post
Because people have preferences different than yours, I guess.
That does not give them, in no way, the right to spread rumors saying that Supporting is boring and should be changed

LightBao

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
100% of people who hate playing support are idiots.

Go into a role unprepared.

Do badly.

Blame the role.

Ok. Proving my point.
Lol I love you man

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightBao View Post
tl; dr : STOP SAYING SUPPORTING ISN'T FUN, YOU HAVE A LOT TO DO.
You know, I need to clean my room pretty badly. Lots of dust, stuff lying around and so on.

I clearly have a lot to do when cleaning my room.

Chances are however I'd rather play a game of soccer with my friends - or do sports alone, for that matter. Which is equally exhausting, but much more fun. To me, at least.

I know some people would rather clean rooms all day every day. Not my cup of tea.