Why do people say/think supporting isn't fun?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CZG Wisdom

Recruiter

10-26-2012

I main supports and I love supporting, it has literally nothing to do with the fact that I cant maximize my build... If you think supporting is boring because you have nothing to do, you are doing it totally wrong bro and should learn that role more properly before spreading nonsense rumors

As a support, you HAVE to :

1. Give presence in lane, show enemy team you are there and you won't let them pass
2. Help your AD carry CS, prepare minions for them (under turret for example)
3. Harass/poke enemy team, again, show them that you are there and that your AD isn't available for them to fool around with
4. Ward and constantly look at the mini map for you team, as a support player, I do not only support my AD carry, I support the WHOLE team by looking at the mini map all the time and ping enemy champion's position so my team can be aware of what's going on. I saved many many lives by pinging a "back" to an ally that was fighting and was tunnel vision on enemy champion...You are the eyes of your team, now dare tell me watching 3 lanes + a jungler at the same time is boring...
5. Try to feed your AD carry as much as possible
6. Save your carries in due time

Etc.etc. etc.

Now between that and CSing the whole laning phase, honestly and logically, I believe a support has more action to do than the AD carry himself... Of course, supporting isn't lane-action-oriented as a top lane or as a mid lane, but that's because you are way more team oriented than the other lanes. You job is to assist your whole team. Carries have specific roles, bruisers too, and just because a support's role doesn't fit in the KILL EVERYONE thing doesn't means that it's boring, you have A LOT to do. Between playing Caitlyn and Alistar, I'd play Alistar allll the time! If you ever find yourself in a position where you have nothing to do, that's a player-base problem, hence, YOU are the problem, NOTHING to do with how the game is played, you ALWAYS have something to do in LoL. Now either learn the role properly or just don't play it, don't go around saying it's not fun.

tl; dr : STOP SAYING SUPPORTING ISN'T FUN, YOU HAVE A LOT TO DO. If you ever find yourself in a position where you have nothing to do, that's a player-base problem,hence YOU are the problem, NOTHING to do with how the game is played, you ALWAYS have something to do in LoL. Now either learn the role properly or just don't play it, don't go around saying it's not fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptDictator View Post
Support CAN be very fun, but it is something best done when you can actively communicate with your lane mate. I, for instance, enjoy playing highly aggressive support, but that does not work well unless I am on vent with my adc to tell them when I want them to go in for the kill and when I am just harassing/zoning.
This guy has it, it's all about communication, but then again, thats because there are 2 players bot lane, but after laning phase, it becomes the same for everyone, communication is the key, you are basically playing the entire game with your AD carry directly and half the game indirectly with the rest of the team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengu Drum View Post
Because I don't want to lane with some random and have people be like durr you need to ward the entire map because I need to buy my 3rd bloodthirster.

That and the fact I find most of the kits on the supports not very fun to play as even if they weren't shoved bottom.
That is only because a lot of people don't understand the real role of a support (which is not only to ward) and they should be the one reading those posts to learn a bit more before going tunnel vision on themselves as being the only one that matters. Well, kits are different I have to agree, but that does not make the Support role itself boring does it? Thats only a preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0git View Post
It's just straight up boring.

Herp derp sit in the bush, herp derp place a ward, herp derp heal the ad carry.

That's not why I play video games.

What's that? My team is feeding? gg, because I can't do anything because I'm a support.
Is it me or people have an IQ of 2 nowadays? Do you even read before posting some bull****? L2Read BIG BIG please??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauxus View Post
I think support is fun but I don't like how almost everything and everyone can find a way to blame it on the support.
That is why it's the mentality, the way people think that must be changed, people always have to find a scapegoat, dont ever forget that, it's in the human psychological behavior to never blame themselves

BuceTheCaboose

10-26-2012

I like the Ward Wars in river when both sides have pink wards. So intense!

CZG Wisdom

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuceTheCaboose View Post
I like the Ward Wars in river when both sides have pink wards. So intense!
Lol yeah! People tend to forget that buying pink wards can often be way more worth it than buying Green wards, it's just simple math! You use 125 gold and he uses 75 gold, means you use 50 more gold than he does, BUT since you can clear his ward, you gain 25 gold meaning you old used 25 gold in total. Lol...25g for wide area vision and taking out theirs, thats a anytime trade my friend. and since his ward didn't last that long, his 75 gold is going to be completely wasted! NERF RIOT PLOX

Te5ma

10-26-2012

I subscribe to the "Real men play support" mentality. In all seriousness though, it's a pvp game, and to a lot of people that means killing other players, so it is what it is. A lot of people aren't having fun unless they're getting kills.

Terra Enigma

10-26-2012

Support: i guess i go ward a bit so my team sees the enemy
Hidden in the Bush Enemy: Woah a Support im so afraid, that i go attack him now.
Support: i'm alone no one can save me i'm done for.

--> Supports must rely on others regardless how the others play (some play good, some play bad but Supporters still have no chance versus any potent enemy)

--> Supports waste all their money so their team can see early enough the enemies plans.

Own Team: no thank because its his job.
And if your team sees the enemy and gain kills they say good job to each other who dealt damage, but not to the supporter who provided them the advantage. Supporters have many lows and too few highs in a game. Ofc. its great if you safe someone in a teamfight with kayle's ultimate or so but the rest of the time its just painfull to depend sooo strong on others.

CZG Wisdom

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te5ma View Post
I subscribe to the "Real men play support" mentality. In all seriousness though, it's a pvp game, and to a lot of people that means killing other players, so it is what it is. A lot of people aren't having fun unless they're getting kills.
tbh I do not take LoL as a 100% pvp game. Thats why it was so hard to categorize those kind of games, they ended up being called MOBAs lol. But a MOBA is a mix between intense pvp action and extremely fast paced RPG. People tend to forget that RPG part a lot where you have tp grind for your gold. Getting kills is good yes, but helping give 3 times as much is also good.

TrolImanship

10-26-2012

Oh look I just got creamed by the other support because I didn't spend 10k IP on a very specific support rune page.

And then got reported by my team for it.

And don't even enjoy playing support.

WHY OH WHY WOULD I EVER COMPLAIN ABOUT SUPPORT?

Te5ma

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrolImanship View Post
Oh look I just got creamed by the other support because I didn't spend 10k IP on a very specific support rune page.

And then got reported by my team for it.

And don't even enjoy playing support.

WHY OH WHY WOULD I EVER COMPLAIN ABOUT SUPPORT?
Very often you can build all tanky runes for support champs.

TrolImanship

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te5ma View Post
Very often you can build all tanky runes for support champs.
Then the other support that has GP/10 runes backs and buys pink wards to set down everywhere you put a normal ward. Congrats. Your lane just lost.

orc72

10-26-2012

I don't mind 0 cs supporting at all.
I mind when I am made to be the only on the team buying wards.

Also, I find 90% of ad carrys are utterly stupid, and blame you for not making them invincible, getting them perfect CS, and making the enemy laners be free kills to them. Which if I could do all that, still wouldnt be enough for our carry because they find last hitting minions to be as hard as solving a rubix cube.
I just hate it when your in a game as a support and you cannot do anything because your carry is so bad. like ive seen a ezreal only have 20 cs by 15 minuets in. Its not like he was being poked at or anything either.