This whole buff when a new skin comes out thing needs to stop.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leahxcore

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestya View Post
The conspiracy belief of "Riot buffs to sell the skin" thing is just garbage. You want to know why it comes across that way? The champ is viewed as weak, so they buff it. It gets more play because of the new skin, it's determined they're too strong (hey look, data availability folks), and nerf it as such.

Stop with the dumb conspiracy ****. It just makes you look stupid.
Why are your jimmies so rustled? Did you forget your neck fat injections this morning? Gonna need you to calm down sir. Your gold rank doesnt make you an all knowing lord of the land. Simmer down bro. You raging over this topic makes YOU look stupid. <3

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahxcore View Post
Why are your jimmies so rustled? Did you forget your neck fat injections this morning? Gonna need you to calm down sir. Your gold rank doesnt make you an all knowing lord of the land. Simmer down bro. You raging over this topic makes YOU look stupid. <3
I'm raging? So whenever anyone makes poignant conversation that makes sense, it's raging? Good to know "bro".

Leahxcore

10-26-2012

No no, your argument is not what made you look like you were raging. Had you stopped at

"and nerf it as such."

You would have looked like an intelligent, competent human being who was making a valid argument. But since you just had to say
"Stop with the dumb conspiracy ****. It just makes you look stupid"

You look like a child trying to use big words to try and make people see your point. Put your big boy pants on and talk like a grown up. Here's how transparent you are, one of two things will happen, you will either
A: feign apathy in an attempt to look like the better person.
Or
B: try to come up with some argument in order to make me look like im the one who is incompetent.

Perhaps forum trolling isnt your forte.

Crunchdoggie

10-26-2012

Remember that Riot pushes that most of their champions are viable. The pattern could be that people rediscover old champions and find their strength after popularity increases, leading to a nerf.

Doesn't explain the buffing early part, though, so I'm still suspicious. What would really help is a semi-detailed list of champion buffs corresponding with new skins for them. That way we could see the size of the buff, the amount of time before the skin, etc. Most of the threads I see like this are based on general feeling or four or five big champions without hard information. Maybe you could be the one to do that?

Needles K

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucefix View Post
It's a coincidence that Tryndamere got buffed before his epic skin and nerfed a couple of weeks before its release. The same happened for Vlad, he was unplayed for months and everyone cried for buffs, he got buffed and received an epic skins, just to get nerfed a couple of weeks afterwards. You can also add Galio to the mix...
Other examples are Shen, Malphite, Orianna, Urgot, Jax and Sona.
The only clear exception to the previous examples is Eve, must likely because they are currently reworking her model and didn't want to create a skin for her hold model.

Riot doesn't release a skin as soon it is made. They can hold that skin back until a champ gets popular. Riot also has the power to make champs popular by buffing them.
I can't find it now, but I did a post a while back comparing 2012 skin releases with patch notes. The results were something like 25% were buffed around the time their skin came out, 35% were nerfed around the time their skin came out and 40% just weren't touched in any meaningful way in the weeks before a skin release. I kind of expected it to be more like you're thinking, where champions get a burst of attention when a skin is being made ready, but in fact it looked like they were almost equally likely to be buffed, nerfed or not touch at all.