Am I missing something?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SC Handsome Aces

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Hello, fellow Summoners,

Back when I STARTED this game, (around the release of Lux, give or take) I played Twisted Treeline. I selected that map to play because I had no idea what I was doing and there were less people to fight at once. Eventually I became tired of the Tryndamere spam, or the Mundo spam, and moved to Summoner's Rift, which I now play 99.8% of the time. The other .02% has been recently divided between Twisted Treeline maybe once a week and then 6 games last night, and also ARAMs. Also, people will see I play Co-op - I am trying to ease new friends into this game and the way I do it is to let them practice cfhamps in bots. I never play without new friends.

The point of all this is, when I left TT I was probably level 20 or so. Still completely unseasoned compared to what I am now. And coming back to the new TT, I am finding it very frustrating. Here's why:

-If my team goes damage, the enemy picks 3 tanks. Somehow their damage outdoes ours, and we die
-If my team goes tanky, then assassins are on the enemy team, and they molest us and out-tank our damage and we die
-If my team goes a mix, like a squishy mage, a tank and an AD carry/bruiser, we get stomped by something else similar, or any of the other two combinations.

Now I know the community's salivating at the ability to give me a snarky response: The only common factor is YOU, friend! First off, if that's the ONLY advice you have for me, we're not friends. Second, I feel blind pick is somewhat screwing me, as I can't see the enemy team's strategy and am now used to playing with draft pick instead. But thirdly and most importantly, what are my team and I doing wrong? It feels like I'm going to have more fun and success in life slamming my junk in a door because no matter what team comp I choose, the enemy seems to stomp us - even if last game the roles were reversed and we lost then too.

Any friendly advice is appreciated.

SC Handsome Aces

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Bump?

SC Handsome Aces

Recruiter

10-26-2012

No one has anything helpful to say? =-(

Taarki

10-26-2012

check your build? some TT builds are different than SR builds, also idk if you are capturing the alters? they help a lot if both teams don't get aced in the dumb team fights. Also try to gank a lot as its a small map and you can gank the other player every 10 seconds becuase thats is the new respawn time.

SC Handsome Aces

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taarki View Post
check your build? some TT builds are different than SR builds, also idk if you are capturing the alters? they help a lot if both teams don't get aced in the dumb team fights. Also try to gank a lot as its a small map and you can gank the other player every 10 seconds becuase thats is the new respawn time.
Ganking could definitely be improved, but as for the altars - every game, every fight, altar contests went in favour of the other team, no matter the team comp or who initiated. Frustrating to say the least.

Agent Jinx

10-26-2012

TT was changed during maintenance yesterday. And it depends alot on altar control now. So whenever you have one down on the other team, just rush with your team mates to the altars if they're unlocked to claim them or whenever the chances are in your favour. There's new items only for TT aswell. Make use of them.

Regards~

SC Handsome Aces

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroTheGawd View Post
TT was changed during maintenance yesterday. And it depends alot on altar control now. So whenever you have one down on the other team, just rush with your team mates to the altars if they're unlocked to claim them or whenever the chances are in your favour. There's new items only for TT aswell. Make use of them.

Regards~
My post really is asking for help since the new changes rolled out. Thank you for your input though =-)