My Investment Advice

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smolder

Senior Member

11-20-2009

The skill shot thing makes sense sorta. But Ashe has one skill shot (the best even?) and Twitch has a skill shot, sorta, but their prices are far from each other.

The only thing I can think of is that champion IP cost is being used as a way to filter the champions that new players face, ie keep twitch outa newbie island.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miyamiya

Senior Member

11-20-2009

If you have 1 favorite champion that you are dying to unlock, it is still pretty easy to buy it. I know mine is a legendary, but its a one time investment.

If you want to unlock everything at once, despite the fact that you will still have to play at least 40 games to get the full benefit, then you can always pay riot. They have earned it.

If you are complaining that you are not happy with your cake, eating it, and still having some left over....umm...just what does make you happy?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hique

Senior Member

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smolder View Post
The skill shot thing makes sense sorta.
It makes sense to discourage use of heroes with skill shots when they want to take the direction of this game to heroes with more skill shots so individual skill shines more than just team play?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karrot

Senior Member

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamiya View Post
If you have 1 favorite champion that you are dying to unlock, it is still pretty easy to buy it. I know mine is a legendary, but its a one time investment.

If you want to unlock everything at once, despite the fact that you will still have to play at least 40 games to get the full benefit, then you can always pay riot. They have earned it.

If you are complaining that you are not happy with your cake, eating it, and still having some left over....umm...just what does make you happy?
If you want two of the legendary heroes? Say, Blitz and Anivia?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WΎR ؃ LL

Senior Member

11-20-2009

I will probably only buy 1-2 of the 450IP champions, no skins, no runes for now.

I have a feeling Riot will change prices and screw people that buy right away, same as they did with the Collector's edition.

They seemingly had no planned out strategy for a store, no thought put into it or anything. Skins should of course be the main money maker and there should have been at least 1 per champ when store opened.

There shoulda been a store grand opening event with sale prices, something to excite the people that waited so long.

How it is now, they are saying they will change prices, so that gives me a bad feeling about spending money if it will mean I am overpaying compared to a few weeks from now.

If you have tons of money to throw around it doesn't matter, but my budget is tight nowadays so I will be a smart consumer lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karrot

Senior Member

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyt305 View Post
I have a feeling Riot will change prices and screw people that buy right away
My thoughts exactly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Barotix

Senior Member

11-20-2009

I'm waiting a week before buying Taric or Kassadin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeadNite

Junior Member

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
My thoughts exactly.
Your both ridiculous. I doubt they will change prices. If they do, they would refund some of currency spent. This is not like a game where the goods (characters, runes) diminish in value enough to warrant a cost reduction or a discount at some point.

You should know why things are as high as they are. This is a game meant to be played for along time, thus all the unlocks will take a long time.

Why its ridiculous: They have invested millions of dollars into this game. MILLIONS. They will be completely unable to make all there money back, let alone a profit, by pulling a short term "okie doke" and robbing customers of there money(RP) and time(IP).

Again, I can't understand how people are unhappy about getting something for free.

Free Stuff Rule #1: If you didn't pay for it, you are not a customer. As hard as this is to believe, RIOT is not funded by your tears and QQ.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nobal Kain

Senior Member

11-20-2009

I do think they need to lower the prices on Boosts and Skins. They are going to make there money with these and the cheaper it is the more they will sell. Its the little things that add up, and the little purchases that people don't bat an eyelash spending. In the long run they will spend more without even knowing it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karrot

Senior Member

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadNite View Post
Your both ridiculous. I doubt they will change prices. If they do, they would refund some of currency spent. This is not like a game where the goods (characters, runes) diminish in value enough to warrant a cost reduction or a discount at some point.
1) They've stated that they're going to be monitoring prices and may very well be lowering them.
2) Yeah, you'd think so, wouldn't you? Until they actually say that, I for one am not taking my chances.
3) How many times did World of Warcraft lower the prices on items? I still haven't gotten my 1000 gold back that I paid for my epic mount in the year after WoW was released. (Granted, I don't play any more, so I wouldn't know if I did, but I certainly hadn't gotten it back a couple years ago.)

Quote:
Free Stuff Rule #1: If you didn't pay for it, you are not a customer. As hard as this is to believe, RIOT is not funded by your tears and QQ.
And, if we did pay for it?


123