Keep the old TT but fix it, make new TT 4v4

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

And call it Vilemaws Lair. This new map is a lot of fun but lacks strategy in a massive way, I feel, so lets fix the old one and let this new map be the 1st 4v4. just a thought.

Venova

10-26-2012

thats actually a good idea, i can see 4v4 working well on tt2

unless it was 4 bruisers like it is now

Texas Turbanator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

that would be pretty sweet, i miss the old TT, this new one is just annoying

terranlord

10-26-2012

Alright....I get it. A lot of people are pissed, a lot of others like it. Well I would like to make some helpful suggestions which I really do believe need to be read by someone who can make changes.

First off I would like to send a very warm "Thank You" to riot for the time it spent improving TT. I really shows me that you are paying attention to what we say, and you are looking to improve the game and not just produce only profitable components.

The real meat of this comes in now and I would like to summarize by saying....

We really can make a compromise between old TT line fans and people who like the new one.
Making old TT line it's own map was brought up by many people and your cries have been heard. Anytime major changes come up anywhere in life, people will always resist it. It is only natural to want to stick to what you know. For all you who really like the new TT you have been heard as well and your oppinions are just as valid.

Here is my opinion in short: DO NOT make the two TT lines into two seperate maps PLEASE. If we make them into seperate maps it will create a bunch more work for riot and I do not believe it would be worth the resources they have to maintain another map that is sooo very similar to the old one. (its a remake so that is also expected) WHAT WE SHOULD DO:..... is keep improving this new map to a point where old problems are fixed, HOWEVER do not change the map so much to where the old feel of the game, and central focuses are changed. It should feel way more like the old treeline with improved visuals and some minor changes.

Also wards are a very needed thing in both 3v3 and 5v5 formats. Taking wards out will destroy a lot of the tactics and strats which make league of legends what it is. No wards means no safety, which in turn leads to constant ganks and skirmishes. Moving the jungle to make ganks more reliable is GOOD. destroying wards is going way too far, and combined with the previously discussed changes truely does put the nail in the coffin for this new TT.

What I think is truely ruining old TT feel right now is the new capture points. The rest of the changes are just alterations to things which already existed. These new capture points are a cool idea, but truely do ruin the game because they take too much of the focus off of laning and turn the game into a COMPLETE BRAWL FEST. Although some people like the all out brawl, thats kinda what dom is for and it should be kept there. If you do decide to keep the Cap points around, at a minimum you need to increase their Lock Timers to at least 4 minutes a peace. With them only being 2 minutes, and the fact that its almost impossible not to stagger them, teams are having a team fight almost every minute for these things, then taking another minute to spawn, get back to the cap point for another fight, then die again. Its rediculous really. I would even encourage you to increase the lock time to 8 minutes if not just scrap the idea all together. (I would like to see them gone truely)

SECOND MAJOR FIX: its actually an easy enough fix, on a very minor topic, but would make a world of a difference. I really like your moving the jungle to the middle. It makes the jungler far more viable and accomplishes what you wanted it to. There is a new problem however. The jungle mobs spawn WAY too often. This allows teams essentially to spend the entire time fighting for the points and still not miss much farm if the win the fight AND not push the lanes up allowing for continued farm during any rare peace times.

IN CONCLUSION: If the Lock Timers on the cap points AND the Jungle Spawn times were both substantially lengthened, teams would be forced to return to lane more and give us back that old TT feel. I truely believe what has sooo many people ticked, is that without a true implementation of previously learned skills such as last hitting, calling mias, correct and efficient WARD PLACEMENT, as well as coordinating pushing lanes with killing Dragon/Vilemaw.

Thanks again riot for all you have put into this improvement.

terranlord

10-26-2012

I really would like to see a viable 4v4 map as well. At the same time I would like it to be substantially different from the maps we currently have. How about instead come to a compromise with this new TT making it more like old TT but still accomplishing what it was supposed to. Then after that is fixed, turn the focus to an entirely new and exciting map no one has seen before. That way any new changes you make will not be detracting from something people have grown to love already, and you are free to do as you wish.

terranlord

10-26-2012

Lastly,

LOLZ why does it say I am a junior member.... Ive been playing this game since before xin came out =(