I can't be the only one...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grey Fawkes

10-26-2012

... who actually loves the Twisted Treeline remake, can I? I used to prefer TT over SR because you mattered more as a player; you mattered more to your team and your individual skill was much more important as a whole.

I feel like the remake has done just about everything correctly; it gives you the ability to jungle without having to pick from a very small pool of champions. You have to be very aware of your surroundings and be able to keep tabs on multiple objectives, and game-play is much more fast-paced and dynamic than before.

One of the things I like most are the removal of wards. It forces you to patrol and defend important areas and be able to predict what your opponents might do. You take a large risk whenever you step foot into an area where you have no vision. It makes traveling with your team that much more important. The inability to blink over the base wall to the nexus and the addition of stairs to the fountain is great too; while you cannot "turtle" effectively any more, the enemy also cannot just take down your turret and quickly blink over the wall for a quick dunk.

The new TT doesn't feel at all like Dominion for me. Dominion has you capturing and defending objectives to win, while TT isn't so much about defending as it is just being able to use the objectives to your advantage. Perhaps that sounds confusing; the lock system on the altars and the lack of wards means that capturing and holding the altars is difficult. They are easy to capture, but hard to defend. The same, in a way, goes for Vilemaw. you have to be able to keep tabs on the enemy and be ready to strike at any moment. Fighting at Vilemaw is risky because of it's damage output, especially early game. And another thing; I really like how you cannot just pick a strong bruiser to win top and start soloing an Epic Monster each time it comes up. You legitimately need teamwork to obtain it's buff now, just like with Baron Nashor in SR.

The speed of everything in the new TT makes the game feel really intense, and I have to say, the music adds to this magnificently. Props to Riot for the rework.

I suspect I might be down-voted for having a contrary opinion to the majority. If you disagree, by all means, give your opinion; it's what Riot wants right now.

IrishmclovinZG

10-26-2012

i actually love it to i think its awesome music so da intense

Destraega

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Fawkes View Post
it's what Riot wants right now.
lol.. Nah I'm sure its what they DONT want right now since I'm sure they are getting a tooonnnnn of hate mail at the moment along with the forum boards blowing up, not to mention they havent even said anything on the official petition to make it a new map or anything about it to boot. Sure, you like it. I ****in hate it. We all have our opinions but this map suuuuccckkks as a remake, new addition.. im fine with that.. but remake? no. just no.

Grey Fawkes

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destraega View Post
lol.. Nah I'm sure its what they DONT want right now since I'm sure they are getting a tooonnnnn of hate mail at the moment along with the forum boards blowing up, not to mention they havent even said anything on the official petition to make it a new map or anything about it to boot. Sure, you like it. I ****in hate it. We all have our opinions but this map suuuuccckkks as a remake, new addition.. im fine with that.. but remake? no. just no.
Instead of just saying "I hate it, it sucks." do you think you could give your reasons why you dislike it?

The Fizznity

10-26-2012

I love the map. Depending on how well my TT ranked trial goes in the next few days, i might even swap to it permanently. I'l definitely be swapping post-Season 2.

Findoglorian

10-26-2012

I might learn to enjoy the map given time, but I will miss the old TT. The old TT is literally the only reason I played LoL, Or PC game at all for that matter, and now It's gone. Trying not to hate right now, but after dumping a hundred bucks into a game you love then seeing it deleted as a "remake" sucks balls. I play SR on occasion when I feel like it, and my dominion stats are 87 wins to 18 losses (don't play much because it isn't fun to teamfight for 20 min straight, and now TT is a 40 min teamfight...), but TT was more fun and isn't anymore (Strictly personal opinion, but isn't that what sells games and makes money? What the people want?). I think I shall revive Skyrim for a week in mourning, and hope they make both maps playable, and if they don't. I guess I will be bored for 6-8 hours a day and spend money somewhere else.

Terrornoid

10-26-2012

I like the new one much more than the old one. I can affect the flow of the game so much more in the new one than the old. The strategy and flow of the game is face paced and exciting. The old one had so much dead space while the new one feels much more streamlined in regards to "useful" playing ground. Pretty sure I've had fights just about all over the map so far. lol

Grey Fawkes

10-26-2012

@Findoglorian - I can see why you'd miss the old TT, and I wouldn't mind it at all if old TT came back as a map, but making your entire experience with a game about one aspect of it seems silly. That's why they remade TT; people would completely forego it and simply play SR all the time.

turbOpun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I liked the idea of old TT, however the inconsistencies and lack of attention made me learn to loathe it.

New TT, though, I love it. I think it is incredible fun (because so many of the problems were ironed out), challenging (Vilemaw nuff said? Not to mention Altar control), and it looks great! Big fan.

GreatLakesSwimer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Fawkes View Post
... The same, in a way, goes for Vilemaw. you have to be able to keep tabs on the enemy and be ready to strike at any moment. Fighting at Vilemaw is risky because of it's damage output, especially early game. And another thing; I really like how you cannot just pick a strong bruiser to win top and start soloing an Epic Monster each time it comes up. You legitimately need teamwork to obtain it's buff now, just like with Baron Nashor in SR.
I'm totally with you on everything else in your post, except Vilemaw. I love having an epic giant monster on the map, but I'm torn as to how strong he should be. In my experience games seem to end before killing Vilemaw becomes very viable.

It just really seems over all that games are a little two short on this map. I'm not surprised to see so many angry people on here since it seems like this map snow balls the winning team too much at this point. If there's no hope of coming back from one or two games you got behind on I'd be raging too.
It's just too easy to get control of the entire map right now, it should be harder to take your opponent's side altar later in the game. Right now if you are behind you can't win the team fight for the altar and you can't get away with killing Vilemaw. You can always turret hug and farm creeps but with map control the other team will out farm you and break your base with no problems.