Understanding the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obnot

03-10-2013

I think the tribunal totaly sucks.

ban people for afk/constant disconnects.

Ban people for intentonlay feeding

Dont give me a warning because i join a game with 4 ppl in a party and there all noobs who report me because they lost the game.

I dont wanna be punished because a bunch of 12 year olds decided to hit the punish button without really reading my case over. . .

yeah i just got a warning but reading all the chat logs, i wasnt harrassing anyone, and yeah i had 1 bad game where i went 3/12/8 big mother !@# deal.

The current system sucks

Saint Latona

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnot View Post

Dont give me a warning because i join a game with 4 ppl in a party and there all noobs who report me because they lost the game.

I dont wanna be punished because a bunch of 12 year olds decided to hit the punish button without really reading my case over. . .

yeah i just got a warning but reading all the chat logs, i wasnt harrassing anyone, and yeah i had 1 bad game where i went 3/12/8 big mother !@# deal.

The current system sucks
Tribunal has NOTHING to do with afk/leavers/disconnects. That's LeaverBuster territory.

Riverstyx201

03-11-2013

Quote:

That's not Tribunal. As noted above, that's LeaverBuster.

Quote:
It does. I had 3 of them in my case review today.

Quote:
One report is weighted the same as 9. The only thing that matters is the percentage of games you get reported in.

Quote:
Contrary to what a number of posters on this forum would have you believe (not naming names, but you know who you are); the majority of people who do Tribunal do read the cases. I have at least 6 legitimate pardons in my Justice Review, and I haven't been doing Tribunal for very long.

Quote:

The current system sucks
If you want, you can post your reform card in another thread and we can tell you where you may have gone wrong.

KillKonstantly

03-11-2013

honestly after my 2 bans i dont even use the chat any more its pretty sad people need to grow up if someone calls them bad because its just a game

Benzaldehyde

03-11-2013

ur kidding right ? this such BS, I was just suspended and I wasn't even harassing or abusive, I didnt swear, all I did was tell people what to do, and when they didnt do it, i pointed out thats why they died, i didnt say "noob" or even say someone was bad, I just said " NO DONT ENGAGE" and "WTF (insert champ name here)" then explained what just happened. A new player played aram and he built tank on an adc (varus), all i did was tell him to sell his items and get damage, he didnt, so i said i would report him unskilled, he wouldn't use common sense and build damage, yeah, I got banned for that, such BS system, im pretty sure it's going to be appealed by support anyway. but goes to show this system is broken. sorry Lyte but you are seriously wrong, I was banned once and learned the first time, yet im banned again, and why ? because people are butthurt and can't tolerate a capslock "DONT ENGAGE" or a "please report garen he is quite abusive and negative ", they call it "*****ing" and "falsifying reports" and I get banned for it, so distgusting.

Benzaldehyde

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
First, keep it constructive.

Secondly, I have no idea why people assume having a Tribunal is 'cheaper' for Riot. It's more expensive. We still have a full Player Support team that reviews Tribunal cases and we also have a full development team that has to maintain the Tribunal and develop new features for it.

If you want to argue about the Tribunal, let's have a discussion about it. Randomly saying it is cheaper or it's about money is basically the opposite of the truth.
Lies, to handle every single report you would need a lot more staff to pay per-hour instead of your regular IT to maintain the system and improve on it. Considering the demographic that plays this game, riot would be paying A LOT more money than what it does now to allow children to run their justice system. Don't lie to us, it makes Riot look bad.

KillKonstantly

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallabatorix View Post
So you are saying because it would cost a little to make a replay system similar to starcraft is expensive and not worth investing in cause it costs extra when it would root out more toxic players than the current system?.
I agree starcrafts system for banning is much better and people arent such babies about insults on that game too

KillKonstantly

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This is actually pretty rare. The fact you think it's frequent is due to cognitive biases. For example, humans tend to remember negative events far more vividly than positive events. Secondly, if you already believe that an event like this happens super frequently, you are more likely to remember it when it does happen--even if it's rare.

I know exactly how many times games like these happen. If you want, let's do an exercise: how many times in your past 10 games do you think this has happened?
depends on the account on my lvl 30 acct it probally happend 1 time but on my lvl 26 acct it happens about 5 times

Parkway9090

03-12-2013

I am insanely angered with riot and whoever else reads this 1. people swear, i think we need to be more lenient 2. toxic , not everyone has a great day 3.the leaver buster system Because i got a suspension for being afk because i was bored and ive played 40 matches roughly and i have gotten garen and i am STILL saving up for zed i was supposed to be unbanned on march 12 well its 8:30 pm march 12 2013 and im not unsuspended yet. And Also the ip system is stupid i hate how i could go 20 and 3 and get 100 ip k not bad but then i look down and ask a couple questions and i find out that the guys that went 3 and 20 got the same ip as me that is not fair i am experienced i have seniority i should truly have more ip then the guy the did not do nearly as well or was afk for half the match. i think for a resolution we either need a better leaver buster cause people do have emergencies every once in a while and also a way to tell if its technical diffficultys and for the ip system increase the caps and increase the amount of ip you get for a k/d ratio. Please thumbs up for riot to see and to get this post noticed.

zZNesusZz

03-13-2013

good....