Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Understanding the Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HardModeCobi

12-19-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
IM A BIG HUNGRY **** SUCKER WHO LOVES BONING MY BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!! IM A BIG HUNGRY **** SUCKER WHO LOVES BONING MY BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!
IM A BIG HUNGRY **** SUCKER WHO LOVES BONING MY BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that Lyte is power corrupt....

AWK1983

12-19-2012

I have a game that needs to be addressed by the tribunal. I have the LOLReplay saved and reported the appropriate players. Is there anything I can do to verify it was reviewed and/or any actions were taken?

IronyOwl

12-20-2012

Quote:
AWK1983:
I have a game that needs to be addressed by the tribunal. I have the LOLReplay saved and reported the appropriate players. Is there anything I can do to verify it was reviewed and/or any actions were taken?

No. If they're reported often enough, they'll be reviewed, and if necessary punished. There's no way to stalk them and make sure they get what's coming to them or anything like that.

AWK1983

12-20-2012

Quote:
IronyOwl:
No. If they're reported often enough, they'll be reviewed, and if necessary punished. There's no way to stalk them and make sure they get what's coming to them or anything like that.

That's fine. I just wanted to follow up with this one because they were overly toxic. Thanks for the response.

phatcat09

12-20-2012

Quote:
"Because the Tribunal is designed to identify frequency and consistency of toxic behavior, this is why it doesn't take into account the severity of the offense."

And you're satisfied with that?

That's a shame really.

Capnmanjuice

12-21-2012

Ok says here i shouldnt be banned for lack of skill as per number 5 on lythes list...I just got showed one game out of two cases where i did exceptionally bad. I was Vladimir Vs. Mordekaiser, my score was 2-9 at the end of the game and his was more or less the opposite. I didn't type rage comments or anything, just facts stating mordekaiser was a hard lane for me so my team would shut up about how bad i was doing. Also my jungler came to gank with less than 300 hp at lvl 4 so yeah i was pissed when i pinged him to retreat and he just kept coming. That was a double kill waiting to happen. What the tribunal doesn't show little itchy trigger finger kids who insta punish everyone as if it mattered? They don't show Morde was a plat s2 player and none of my lanes warded with mine as the exception. So a premade of 4 can all report me for basically just getting outplayed and i can get banned for 3 WEEKS FOR IT..that's right, i got banned yesterday and im not allowed back on until january something. All i have to say is i've spent more time banned than i do playing this game and im sick of it. Im also tired of this tribunal system, I'm aware it has good intentions and flaws, but for me the flaws outweigh the good as im not waiting 3 weeks for any game to come back and play if im just gonna get banned again 1 week after for losing an obvious match up. I'm not a toxic player, i get frustrated in ranked games ( and that is THE ONLY game mode where i allow my frustration to come out in chat) as do all people who want to win especially, and sometimes my frustration gets the better of me, i seldom verbally abuse people, and even less often rage. So stop treating me like a toxic player with these 3 week bans. Also i suggest eliminating the report option in any normal game mode, I like to have fun with my mates in normals not get yelled at by people thinking this is IPL 5. I like to be serious in ranked and expect my team to be serious as well. All the same I like to kickback and actually ENJOY this game in normals, as well as i expect my team to do the same. I'm tired of people switching them up. that's all i have to rant about.

lastnamenguyen

12-22-2012

How would you be able to see what was the reason for your ban?

MLG BongHitzzz

12-22-2012

Maybe you guys can help me out. Please explain why I am suspended for these cases. In case #1 and #4 I do swear, as well as case #3 All I said that was I could see as bad was "STFU", and "BG kat", but I didn't get enough time to say "Jking, you played well." Which I did say as soon as I got into post game lobby. Case #5 I will admit that I did call the Taric some names, and I know I did wrong in this game. But can someone please explain Case #1,2, and 3.

Thank you for those who reply and help me understand these cases.

Happy Snowdown Everyone!

phatcat09

12-24-2012

Quote:
harty206:
Maybe you guys can help me out. Please explain why I am suspended for these cases. In case #1 and #4 I do swear, as well as case #3 All I said that was I could see as bad was "STFU", and "BG kat", but I didn't get enough time to say "Jking, you played well." Which I did say as soon as I got into post game lobby. Case #5 I will admit that I did call the Taric some names, and I know I did wrong in this game. But can someone please explain Case #1,2, and 3.

Thank you for those who reply and help me understand these cases.

Happy Snowdown Everyone!

All 3 of those could be bans.

Think about it this way.

Get 3 pieces of paper.

Tell someone they're words from a jury case.

Ask them what emotion it draws.

They'll say negative.

It's the unfortunate downfall of A faceless ban system even if at teh time it didn't really negatively effect anyone.

Also you may have

A.) Unintentionally looked like a feeder
B.) said something negative in pre-game chat or post game chat

etc it all counts.

DerkStrongbeef

12-25-2012

The tribunal needs a way of filtering out people who get reported because they reported someone, I've seen COUNTLESS cases where they are reported for whatever reason, but in the chat log another person is clearly breaking the summoner's code and are just reporting because they are being reported.

SUGGESTION:
I also think EVERY tribunal punishment should have to go through twice, if it is punished once it should need to be re-evaluated to prove it was a valid punishment. This would help weed out false punishments and would be able to judge a player much more effectively.