Basic to Basics - Item Selection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
But G&S is nothing compared to General Discussion. we have it good here, the worst of the worst reside in General Discussion =P I'd advise you to stay away from posting a thread there lol
This is saying something. If I, for example, posted "Mordekaiser isn't a tank" in G&S, I'd get +2. In Champion Feedback? +1 to -3. General Discussion? -10.

RagingDonger

10-03-2010

Carados,
True, I would rush philosophers first with boots then rush my core, the regen is excellent for in between ganks and the gold for when not in a lane, quite priceless. However, I don't follow this strategy currently.

Doran's is simply not something I am recommending. Upon reviewal that has not changed. 2 slots to attempt to outbenefit one slot of item of which the outbenefit is questionable? I assume this is sarcasm. I recommend what i think should be kept. Exceptions being intermediary items like the 5 gold per 10 sec series. Anything else i view as a waste of money or... slot space.

Legion use is explicit. Grant yourself and nearby allies some survivability. I think the thread is about what to do if your lacking survivability and thus it isn't plausible to go strictly a fixed core and extensions. I assumed a scenario could be your team (not necessarily simply you) lacks survivability and and this occurs to your team's detriment inspite of you being the initiator. Thus you don't need to improve your defense so much so as your team's. This item improves your team and your character more such that should they decide to focus you you've still improved your defense.

Carados

10-03-2010

I think you have some giant misunderstandings about this game if you truly think even one of the things you posted are true. Are you new to this game?

RagingDonger

10-03-2010

I'm not interested too much in trolling so I'll accept and admit I'm fairly new. I accept my items are arguable, well...... obviously! If my suggestions are off, enlighten me as to how and perhaps you could suggest some recommendations of your own.

Captain Dildac

10-03-2010

Boy people are harsh on these threads, I feel like this is a generally good post due to the main fact that its expressing the use of defensive items something that most new players don't do and many fresh Level 30s still don't understand(sadly yes some don't).

FlowyS

10-03-2010

A rite, good suggestions and posts now.

Though these items are suggestions that I commonly see whenever I play against level 30s with 300+ wins on average (there are some level 25s and some level 30s with 500+ wins, but you get the drift). So if it helps me, I think it will help you.

FlowyS

10-05-2010

Updated Boots selection.