Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This isn't a "f*** the new TT" thread, nor is it constructive criticism.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pip Pirrup

10-26-2012

When I started playing league, I will admit I did not much enjoy it. I had my friends pressuring me to become a pro/elitist and have me attempt to be a perfect player. The experience was simply too unenjoyable for me to derive any pleasure from. When they were working / at school etc. I found myself doing 3v3 matches to pass time. It became somewhat of a lust for me, I fell in love with the game.

When i played a 3v3 match? It felt like skill with certain champions actually had a MAJOR impact on how the match would play out. Some strategies could make your team hold out long enough to slowly climb toward a victory, or at least make one within your grasp. (a good example is a smart teemo shrooming your base well enough that reaching the inner turret was an absolute, but challenging, chore for the opposing team) One wich is simply countered by a 400g potion.. I may be wording this poorly as english is not my native language. Anyways it seems such challenges have been brushed away simply to make matches happen in a shorter duration.. I do understand why they want the matches to be faster.. but why??

To put it bluntly, Jungle mobs are MUCH easier, If you had decent teamwork? The old jungle was amazing if you had somebody who knew what they were doing. To me it is no
different than 5s, you needed a jungler who could roam/gank at the same time as leveling themselves and gaining gold. In essence you needed skill to do it nicely and help your team while doing so.

My main qualm? The blasted altars... If I include my travel times early game, I get maybe 55-65 seconds of laning time before I have to run down and try to defend my alter in a zerg fest. (wich if neither team has fed, has come down to a rock-paper-scissors scenario) It bugs me because to me? this game has A LOT to do with the laning phase and how well one does during it. The altar buffs may not have THAT big of an impact, but the map is SO small now, I have yet to even see a team kill Vilemaw (keeping in mind just random ques with players attempting to try out the new map with little to no knowledge of how things are working)

To me? This game was NOT balanced around 3v3 mechanics, more so towards 5v5 obviously. So making the map try to attempt the make the matches faster only enforces people to pick OP early-mid game champs and is making pick a mid-late game champ extremely unviable.

I've never felt the need to come to these forums and post any thought. And it may seem like a QQ thread from a displeased noob but felt I had to voice my opinion on regardless.

Thanks for your time. Sincerely yours, a disappointed Twisted Treeline fan.

Exqzr

10-26-2012

Pip,

Interesting read. The first match I ever played was SR. I didn't like it. I almost never played another game. Then I thought maybe I'll try this other map they got here. I mean the game was free what the heck.

Well, I I got stomped hard. But I kind of liked the flow so I played again and again and again...

3000 games later, 98% of them on TT and my favourite thing to do when I have free time is now GONE.

All i have done all night is type in these forums - all I wanted to do all night is play some classic TT.

I know I am not the only one who feels gutted.

Pip Pirrup

10-26-2012

Thank you for the reply ^^ Sadly every so often I have refreshed the forum hoping for some opinions on my views (negative or positive I do not care). I feel some happiness knowing I am not the only person that feels "robbed" of the old TT style.

Trust me my friend you are not the only one feeling gutted I do greatly appreciate riots attempts to give our beloved 3v3 map some love, I just feel it was overdone and gone about in such an adjust way. They have either misunderstood or blatantly ignored what "hardcore" 3v3 players found enjoyable (I mean... I have gone level 3-30 in 3v3s alone.. admittedly I have made a smurf account in wich i only play 3s alone) and tried to bring it into a new direction to attract people towards it. As you stated I feel more than extremely gutted!! My most enjoyable pastime was TT now I cannot even enjoy it... Be it because there are new players attempting to understand the new mechanics (I do not blame them mind you!) or because I miss my old layout, I do not know. I just know that less than a day has passed and I am already missing quite a few aspects of my (our) old TT. Hope for some more opinions!! (please keep them constructive as I wish for no flamers!)

iFiddle U

10-26-2012

Singed

Harpud

10-26-2012

BRING THE OLD Twisted treeline back or make it a separate game mode, really disappointed. quitting if nothing changes.

cowpotato

10-26-2012

goodbye TT . Im done with lag and mushrooms.

Pip Pirrup

10-26-2012

Have to agree with you Harpud, it has been changed so drastically I feel it warrants being a sub-category of the 3v3 game mode.

I do fear I may not return to the league unless something (minor or not) changes within this new map, I admit I like alot of the new layout (meaning efforts to prevent hardcore turtling, also improved mid jungle positions). But the all around feeling of actually having a chance when the cards are down feels eliminated in exchange for the game being over faster.

And to cowpotato, I haven't felt the lag of wich you speak (mind you I went from 100-125 fps to 60-75) but such things are to be expected with major graphical overhauls. Any game developer will attempt to make things look better, wich comes at an expense. I accept that and have NO qualms with how beautiful they made the graphics for our map mode! I do sympathise with you no less, I used to play on a fairly out-dated rig and such and overhaul would have made 3v3 unbearable. As for shrooms well DELETE TEEEMO riot pls (lol memes).

ShardtheFox

10-26-2012

I am extremely disappointed with the new map. It literally ruined a game mode. The old TT was all about knowing the map and your champ better than your opponents. Champs that had blinks were superior only when they understood the limits of their champ. I can understand making the wall thicker to stop panic leaps, but at least make them thin enough that a well placed blink works. This new map just feels... wrong. So wrong.

Pip Pirrup

10-26-2012

Well said ShardtheFox. the more constructive input the more welcome ^^. It is yet another aspect that feels..... missing to me =/. Such things you stated are possible in SR so why eliminate them in our TT? They were quite a big game changer for champion who knew how to properly control the champion they were playing, Such as a well played Trynd turning the tide of the battle if, let's say a teemo, didn't know how to shut him down. (I am not insulting people who's skill is not amazing, moreso prasing the ones who did it exceedingly well)

As stated before player skill has become so miniscule it is more like rock-paper-scissors, and I recall Morello stating that they want to lean as far away from that as possible, in other words of course.

This new map has proven the exact opposite to me =/ (I do have little experience PLAYING the map but enjoy spectating my friends who have been trying it out non stop) As i have noticed... the team with the stronger early game wins.... every time

Pip Pirrup

10-26-2012

Shameful bump in hopes somebody (rioter or not) will help to post constructive feedback and/or voice their opionions for myself and others to read!