Pastry Kassadin [Contest] ($200 in Riot Points in Prizes!) (Potentially *$300)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Giant Boulder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Mk, so here's the deal. I'm not going to throw out a deadline, just yet, as since I missed the opportunity to give out rp for the harrowing skins, I would at least like to match it so I can do the Christmas skins. As such, the new deadline is going to be roughly a week before the christmas skins sale ends, which should be sometime in December.

I know this is quite the long extension, which may disappoint some of you, but I figured if I was going to have to extend at all, it might as well be long enough to allow those who take longer to create their pieces, and again for the matter of the skin sales. Again I apologize to those who are unhappy with this decision, but I strongly feel it's in the best interest of the contest to extend it longer.

As for my personal situation which caused me to need to delay the contest, I actually was kicked out, and forced to move into an apartment. Which even outside of not having internet for a day or two, resulted in my finances being too unsteady for me to be able to continue with the contests rewards. This also ties into the long extension, giving me plenty of time to ensure I can purchase and deliver all rewards. Again I apologize to this disappointed, but I hope you agree with me in that this is better than a straight cancellation, and once again I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

And a quick side note, I have been very very impressed with some of the submissions I have seen so far, truly some great effort going into these. And to answer a common question I'm seeing, yes you can enter as much as you like, however you are only eligible for one prize for each contest. Meaning you could draw fifty pictures if you desired, and win if only one of them won, but not win for several pictures.

Infinitys Ghost

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzaaki View Post
Mk, so here's the deal. I'm not going to throw out a deadline, just yet, as since I missed the opportunity to give out rp for the harrowing skins, I would at least like to match it so I can do the Christmas skins. As such, the new deadline is going to be roughly a week before the christmas skins sale ends, which should be sometime in December.

I know this is quite the long extension, which may disappoint some of you, but I figured if I was going to have to extend at all, it might as well be long enough to allow those who take longer to create their pieces, and again for the matter of the skin sales. Again I apologize to those who are unhappy with this decision, but I strongly feel it's in the best interest of the contest to extend it longer.

As for my personal situation which caused me to need to delay the contest, I actually was kicked out, and forced to move into an apartment. Which even outside of not having internet for a day or two, resulted in my finances being too unsteady for me to be able to continue with the contests rewards. This also ties into the long extension, giving me plenty of time to ensure I can purchase and deliver all rewards. Again I apologize to this disappointed, but I hope you agree with me in that this is better than a straight cancellation, and once again I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

And a quick side note, I have been very very impressed with some of the submissions I have seen so far, truly some great effort going into these. And to answer a common question I'm seeing, yes you can enter as much as you like, however you are only eligible for one prize for each contest. Meaning you could draw fifty pictures if you desired, and win if only one of them won, but not win for several pictures.
Sounds fair to me. I might revise my submission then with the new due date. Happy to hear you're willing to keep the contest going given your situation.

Depraving

11-16-2012

Glad to hear an update, sorry about your situation. Honestly though if you just got forced out and are having hard financial times, this would be the last thing you should worry about. I'm sure people would understand, things happen. I hope your situation improves and you get settled in (: Either way, was a fun concept to play with pastry kassadin.

A Giant Boulder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depraving View Post
Glad to hear an update, sorry about your situation. Honestly though if you just got forced out and are having hard financial times, this would be the last thing you should worry about. I'm sure people would understand, things happen. I hope your situation improves and you get settled in (: Either way, was a fun concept to play with pastry kassadin.
Everything will be in order, I actually have just enough to manage settling in, in a few months time I'll be set to spare the funds for this. I'm actually looking forward to see what people will do with having more time. And yes, anyone can edit or change submissions as much as they like.

Hummin

11-17-2012

welcome back =)

A Giant Boulder

11-20-2012

bump

o J

11-29-2012

Yeah.. I guess this is over.

Infinitys Ghost

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by o J View Post
Yeah.. I guess this is over.
I think there's a good chance we'll see some more submissions once school is over with for the semester. I've been a bit too busy with other artworks to patch up my submission. Plan to once I get finals out of the way.

Hummin

12-18-2012

bump

o J

12-18-2012

So is this still going on? Poster said it would be around this week or so.