Quinn, The Field Medic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gradunk

10-25-2012

Quinn, if you can't tell from the title, is a support champ. A very heavy support champ. I chose Quinn since we don't have a champion with a Q name

Lore: Quinn was always the one to give whatever she could to help out. This is why she wanted to acquire a profession in medicine. Quinn had a unique talent in this field and picked up the material faster and better than anyone they had seen before. Thus, she graduated several years before the other students in her first semester class. She was put to work immediately on a refugee camp for recovering soldiers. On one of her days, she was ambushed by a small noxus troop, however the enemy had not heard of Quinn's presence and were defeated shortly after the battle had begun due to the fact that none of the enemy could not keep anyone even injured.
--------The news of this ambush and Quinn's heroic efforts was noted immediately by Jarvin IV and he requested Quinn be his personal medic. Jarvin was able to beat several men at once now that Quinn was behind him. That was all Jarvin needed to know before ensuring Quinn was added to the League of Legends. Now Quinn excels in battle doing what she loves most, helping others avoid their most profound fear, death.

Passive: Passive Agression: 50% of all healing done by Quinn is converted into a damaging shield. The next time you take damage from an enemy champion the shield breaks dealing up to a cap of 100/150/200/250/300/350/400/450/500 damage. The shield is fully charged at the start of the game, and every time Quinn re-spawns.
Activation Cool-down: 5 seconds
Animation: Quinn has a very subtle blue glow. The more charged the shield is, the more pronounced the blue glow is. When the shield is hit, all the color from the glow gathers into a ball and fires at the attacking champion.

Q: Bandage: Passive: Gather 1 bandaid every 10 seconds. You can hold a max of 5 bandaids in your hand (gather bandages faster with cool-down reduction).
------------------Active: Apply a bandaid on an ally healing them for 50/87/134/162/200 + (30% AP) over 4 seconds. Healing stacks if multiple bandages are applied to the same target.
Cost: 1 bandaid, 50 mana
Range: 520
Cool-down: 1 second
Animation: Throws a bandaid at a the target champion. Looks like his basic attack animation but with a bandaid instead of a needle.

W: Body Cast: Digitally paste a high-tech flexible cast image over a target champion. (1 second channel).
Ally: For ten seconds after the cast has been applied the target ally takes a 10/15/20/25/30% reduction from all incoming damage, and reflects that percentage of incoming basic attacks.
Enemy: Wrap the enemy in a straight jacket causing them to fall over (be stunned) for 2 seconds while they struggle to remove the jacket.
Cost: 70/90/110/130/150 mana
Range: 300
Cool-down: 30 seconds
Animation:
---Ally: A bunch of white lines spray from the digital med kit in a cone at the target ally. The cone of lines starts at 30 degrees below horizontal, and ends 30 degrees over it. the target ally is then covered in the white cast.
---Enemy: Quinn reaches inside her lab coat and pulls out a folded straight jacket from an inside pocket. She then throws it at the target enemy.

E: Medicate: Prescribe a medication for a target allied champion or enemy area. You have 2 choices, red or blue. The choice will switch every second. You have 6 seconds to choose before Medicate goes on cool-down. Once the choice has been made you get another 3 seconds to select a target. After the third second, or once a target has been chosen the ability goes on cool-down.
Ally: Prescribe an ally 1 of 2 steroids. Steroids last 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 minute(s) and an ally can have 3 steroids in their system at one time. If you prescribe an ally with a fourth steroid, they overdose reducing the effect length to 10 seconds.
-------Red: Increase the allies attack damage by 5%
--------------Overdose: Also increases attack speed by 10/15/20/25/30% May exceed the 2.5 AS cap.
-------Blue: Increase the targets ability power by 5%
--------------Overdose: Also reduces all cool-downs by 10/15/20/25/30%. May exceed the 40% CDR cap.
Enemy: Throw a gaseous bomb at a target location that explodes when it lands dealing 70/110/150/190/230 + (50% AP) magic damage to all enimies hit and applies a debuff that lasts for 10 seconds.
-----------Red: Decrease the attack damage and ability power of the enemies by 6/7/8/9/10%
-----------Blue: Decrease the armor and magic resistance of the enemies by 6/7/8/9/10%
[You can apply three red buffs then overdose on the blue. or any variation of buffs you wish to apply.]
Cost: 80/85/90/95/100 mana
Range: 800
Cool-down: 25 seconds
Animation: Upon first activation, Quinn opens a digital first aid kit in her right hand. Upon selecting a steroid, the screen turns red or blue (whichever was selected). Once Quinn chooses a target, she throws the digital first aid kit at the target. If the target was for the enemy, once the first aid kit hits the ground, it explodes.

R: Hazmat team: Release a team of 3/4/5 Hazmat robots. These bots prioritize champions, but target a random enemy within 600 range of Quinn and for ten seconds, they sap 25/50/75 health then use it to heal the most damaged allied champion. A max of 3 bots can target one enemy champion and each bot has 500 move-speed. Everytime they deliver the health to an ally, they select a new target. Bots travelling towards enemies apply a 25% stacking slow to the target (75% slow if 3 bots have the same target). Same effect to allies, but instead grants 25% bonus movement speed per bot.
Cost: 120/160/200 mana
Range: 600
Cool-down: 70 seconds
Animation: Small yellow hazmat bots the size of a small wraith fly around. Once they've selected a target, their antenna flashes red. Once they've sapped the health, their antenna flashes green.

Basic Attack Animation: Quinn pulls a needle off of his ammo belt and throws it at the target. When she pulls the needle off, the belt turns slightly to offer Quinn a new needle to pull.

Statistics:
Movement speed:-310
Attack range:-------520
Damage:------------50 + (2.5 / per level)
Health:---------------500 + (80 / per level)
Health Regen:-----8 + (0.94 / per level)
Mana:----------------230 + (43 / per level)
Mana Regen:------6 + (0.77 / per level)
Armour:--------------25 + (3.3 / per level)
Spell Block:--------25 + (1.4 / per level)

Quotes:
Upon Selection: "Generosity will ALways lead to great rewards"

How aboot checkin out some of my other champs?
Adramalech, The Demon King: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1012764
Marukai, Sanity's Nemesis: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1037731
Scar, The Flesh Hunter: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1041514
Tondaar, The Elite Efreeti: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1050051
Reshatem, The Trap Master: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1072264
Ideka, The Lord of Life: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1096207
Vailon, Winters Fury: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1115352
Dong Tu, The Pillar of Earth: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2806970

EDIT #1: Added Stats and animations
EDIT #2: Buffed the heal scaling in the passive
EDIT #3: Agreed with Ricefieldd and nerfed the value of the buffs for medicate.
EDIT #4: Added Lore
EDIT #5: Edited Lore
EDIT #6: Clarified Medicate, and removed the hindrance from Body Cast
EDIT #7: Gave Quinn a seks change; Quinn is now a female
EDIT #8: Buffed Bandage.
MAJOR EDIT #1: Is posted HERE
EDIT #9: Made Body Cast able to target enemies. Added damage to enemy medicate, and allowed the Hazmat Team to target minions, but prioritize champions.
EDIT #10: Added some kind of uncontrolled crowd control to Hazmat Team, updated some animations, and made enemy body casts stun instead of slow.

Grab my Lemons

10-25-2012

Very interesting idea! I like it, very much.
One suggestion I might make? If Quinn is designed to be a ranged Champion, which, I'm just going to assume that he is, maybe make it so that whenever he activate's his E and its ready to use, he just auto-attacks/right clicks the target? That feels like it might be a simpler option.

Gradunk

10-26-2012

I didn't know how to make Medicate a sort of basic attack, but that reminded me of 2 things. I added his stats and animations. Glad you liked it and thanks for posting Facerockker

Grab my Lemons

10-26-2012

Well that'd be simple, really. It would just be a matter of right clicking on the target when the ability is ready, which only when its activated, would cause him to use it on an allied champ. Alternatively hitting the A key and clicking on the champ would achieve the same results.

missile

10-26-2012

I have a few problems with this champ:

- His [E] Medicate seems too overpowered as a support ability. Even though supports do have that ability that give stat boosts to their allies, the majority of them only last for a few seconds. [E] Medicate can last up to 2 minutes, which (in my opinion) seems like too long of a time for a stat boost, especially if you are able to stack this ability.

- His basic abilities (Q, W, E) are all support abilities, no damage can be dealt other than you basic attack and Ultimate. I know by being a Support it's essential to have them, but you only have one damage output. Sona has her Hymn of Valor and Soraka has her Starcall/Infuse. Just seems like you need another spell that can not only be used as a support but deal damage if casted on an enemy.

Just my personal opinion on making this Champion better and more friendly amongst the other Champs.

Gradunk

10-26-2012

Facerockker: actually yea. i thought about it. the digital first aid thing can fill one of the syringes on his belt, then he throws the filled one.

RiceFieldd: I did kinda want to stay away from the damage output on Quinn. but i knew i needed some so i put the damage in the passive. I'm guessing it's not enough damage for a support yet.

Gradunk

10-26-2012

nerfed medicate

Gradunk

10-29-2012

Bump.

Gradunk

10-30-2012

the elastic waistband gets attention and it blows.. why not mine?

LadyAzalea

10-30-2012

+1 Just for sheer awesome name
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman + Field Medic.
So. Much. Win.